Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

52 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because they obviously have ability.  Best players in the World, they are not - but they're certainly better than they were last season.

I'd hope that Di Matteo assesses them, just like every other squad member, before deciding on those he needs and those he doesn't.  To just completely discard them without doing this would be foolish, IMO.

I couldn't agree less.  As you rightly say, they are better than they showed last season - which is when we needed them to show the best they could be.  To even consider them now things are looking brighter and the opportunity has arisen to change the losing, lethargic, disinterested culture at the Club, it would IMO be utter madness to keep them.

Their attitude stinks, and/or  their performances stinked. In the most part, their characters are woefully flawed, at least as far as this Club goes.

Keeping them would be a huge early error from RDM.

• Like 3

Guzan as a no 2 Richards only as a RB Lescott as cover Gabby if he lost all his bulk Bacuna if he changed his attitude. So I'd keep all under those circumstances which they won't want so it's goodbye to the lot of them. 

Personally, I wouldn't, but you have to ask yourself if you give RDM a chance too, which I obviously do. If he wants to give them a chance I shant moan about it before he's proven wrong.

• Like 3

Could be gold or could be poison...it's a tough call

I guess they'll judge them on their attitude from now

If they don't deliver then they won't play them. They're mostly under contract so you'd have to pay them off

I don't think RDM and Clarke are naive enough to rely on them though

Why give them a second chance....If they where that good ,how come we got relegated...All i want is a team of eleven,that fights for every  50/50 ball..a player that throws his body in front of a shot on target..a player that chases back and front..and all of them give 100%......and if we still loose ,at least we know they've  given everything...i could live with that defeat..The names mentioned on this poll, ..imo  still think that all they have to do ,is rock up at Villa Park  for a win and put no effort in....

(Sorry Rant Over )

NO, nope... no bloody way.

and anyone thinking of giving Guzan a chance, please watch the silly little dance he did while trying to save the ball for the Ecuador goal last night!

and frankly if you don't get rid and clean out this rotten group of mercenaries then that's a nice big starting blot in your copybook Robbie!

Edited by villakram

I'd view giving them the opportunity to represent Villa again about as appealing as being cuckold while 2 blokes double teamed my wife. The only thing I'd like to see Gabby involved in is as the victim of several blokes pumpling him with baseball bats.  I just feel strongly he should never return to bodymoor Heath 

Its a no from me ( x 5)!

If RDM decides to give one or two of them a second or is it in at least one or two cases a third or fourth chance then so be it and I will get behind his decision albeit more than a little reluctantly.  

• Like 1

get rid of 99% percent of the first team (ok, not sure how that percentage works but you know what i mean!) its time for a complete clear out and a fresh start, no more 'second', third, forth or fifth chances, theyve all had too many and theyre laughing that theyre getting away with it, havent us fans seen enough of them?

Publicly at least, RDM was always going to say that everyone starts with a clean slate. It would have been unprofessional of him to do otherwise. He was never going to say that there is a hardcore of 4 or 5 complete rocket polishers at this club who will be out on their ears if anyone's daft enough to have them.

But he's already said he needs to trim the squad (hopefully with a chainsaw) and he must already have an idea of those he wants out. I trust him and Clarke to weed them out, and I'll get behind whoever stays.

• Like 2

Â