Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

On 6/20/2016 at 08:52, Stevo985 said:

Guzan spat some chewing gum at the pitch. In a game where he was sub keeper and we'd already made 3 subs.

It was also reported that he told a fan who remonstrated with him to "**** off".

I wonder if that is why people have taken against him a little.

On 21 June 2016 at 11:46, useless said:

One of the names in the thread title will be a hereo next season (at least on the pitch). It's the 'Sports Illustrated curse' in reverse.

Only if we sign a player called Chance. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

It was also reported that he told a fan who remonstrated with him to "**** off".

I wonder if that is why people have taken against him a little.

That's news to me.

Any link to where this was "reported"?

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's news to me.

Any link to where this was "reported"?

Aston Villa fans have complained to the club after claiming Brad Guzan and Joleon Lescottboth told them to “f*** off.”

The row in the second half of the Premier League basement side's 1-1 FA Cup draw at League Two Wycombe prompted skipper Micah Richards to intervene.

Richards pleaded with fuming fans behind the dug-out after they criticised subs Guzan and Lescott on the bench for their attitude.

The pair, who earn around £40,000-a-week, upset them by have a spitting competition to see who could propel chewing gum closest to the touchline.

A eyewitness told Aston Villa fanpage Vitalfootball.co.uk: “I object to two senior players spending 90 minutes laughing and joking on the bench and littering the pitch with their chewing in some sort of childish game.

“The guy next to me knocked on the dugout, they both turned round, we said they were disgraceful and obviously didn't care.

“With that Guzan told him to 'f**k off', I knocked the dugout and told Lescott he is supposed to be Villa to which he replied:' I am'.

“He turned away, I knocked the dug out again and said: 'why are you not acting like one?' with which he said: 'f**k off'.

Mirror

Edited by av1

Can't agree more. Would honestly be gutted if any of these players are starting for us next season.

It would be like you start dating a new girl but you find out she was previously screwing someone you hate.

My order of priority for getting rid:

1.The 'gotta go' category
Bacuna
Gabby
Lescott
All of them are (a) not good enough and (b) their attitude stinks.  Ship them out as soon as possible, they absolutely cannot be here next season.

2. The 'last chance saloon' category
Guzan
Richards
Both for me could redeem themselves and may have their uses - Guzan as reserve keeper and Richards as an option against more physical one dimensional teams.  It would need them to do some serious grovelling to the fans though.

3. The 'jurys out' category 
Sinclair
Sanchez
Hutton
Westwood
Clark
Wouldn't be upset to see any of them go, don't think any of them do enough to warrant a place in the first team, however we can't ship them all out so RDM may have to decide on which of these can do a job for next season vs who just isn't worth the place.

Everyone else is good for either a first team or squad place next season.

• Like 2

I agree with the categories as a basic ranking in terms of who we must sell and who we should sell when/if we can.  Below is my slightly adjusted ranking in terms of selling priority.  As you say the top three should be moved on as a matter of urgency - even if it costs us financially.  I think we need to make a statement to some of the other players that we will not tolerate lackluster performances or poor attitudes anymore.  If I am honest I would also like us to replace Guzan - not because he has a poor attitude or anything, but because his confidence will be very brittle after the car crash last season. Saying that, maybe Massimo Battara can help him to rediscover his form and confidence so i would be OK  if we give him one more chance.  Richards is a funny one - the guy has played RB in a PL winning side, but he was awful at times last year.  Maybe Clarke and RDM can help to get his fitness and performances back to what they were in those halcyon days - I wouldn't be devastated if he was around next year, but I would look to bring in a strong right back and then let Richards, Hutton and that new right back fight it out - the same with Clark and a new CB.  In midfield,  we should look to try and find better replacements for Westwood, Sanchez and Sinclair, but if we can't they can do a job in the championship.

1. Bacuna, 
  2. Gabby
  3. Lescott
  4. Guzan
  5. Richards
  6. Hutton
  7. Clark
  8. Westwood
  9. Sanchez
  10. Sinclair
Edited by Gary Thomas

On 26. Juni 2016 at 12:39, Gary Thomas said:

out -attitude

1. Bacuna, 
  2. Gabby
  3. Lescott

Out - shot

1. Guzan

RB or out

1. Richards

Out - better players in

1. Hutton
  2. Clark
  3. Westwood

Second chance

1. Sanchez

Out - sheister doesnt care

1. Sinclair

Fresh start

keep

okore

amavi

gana

ayew

adama

vertout

grealish

gil

youth & new blood

• 2 weeks later...
On June 25, 2016 at 17:02, Ikantcpell said:

Noway, i dont want to see them in a villa shirt ever again.

They are an embarrassment to the human race and they can all just **** off and die!

Seems reasonable. 

• Like 1

Gabby - 1 last chance,  if he is fit and has the bit between his teeth and properly tries to make a mends then he will be an asset in the League we are in.  If he is fit and up for it,  he will probably be one of the fastest players in our league.  I look at it this way,  the kid is one of us and has had to suffer so many useless mangers / players / strike partners and the slow death of the Villa,  yes he is on good money but other than that the club has never met him half way.  Give him till Jan.  

Lescott - Nope - knobhead

Guzan - Nope - Purely becasue I think he is not good enough.  

Richards - 1 last chance - Too much experience to throw away especially in the Championship where the games will be of less quality,  he should find it a very easy time.

Â