Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

I'm fully behind whatever RDM decides.

Our last two managers have been a youth team coach followed bya Canal+ studio pundit with a useless backroom team.

I'm convinced this set up will work a lot better so if RDM keeps some people I will wait to see how they perform under him, if RDM is willing then I am willing.

• Like 2

Does the club get a 2nd chance to play PL football next season? No, in that case I'm not prepared to give one to those that put us in this situation through lack of effort. 

31 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

NO. This is the biggest mistake he/we could make.  RDM needs to be ruthless and get these players out and get better players in.

Gabby no - simply not good enough and a bad example.

Lescott no - too slow and prone to errors (on and off pitch)

Richards no - a walking disaster in defense

Bacuna NO - lazy and poor (the worst of the lot for me)

Guzan no - confidence too brittle, but wish him well

People are missing the point of the question.  It's not "Are these players good enough?" it's "Do you give these players a second chance?".

For me, I'd like to think they all have a clean slate now (apart from perhaps Lescott who has shown nothing at all at any point).  Fans are, quite rightly, incredibly annoyed at their performances on the pitch.  If these changed for the better, I'd be OK with that.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

As an aside, I always find it amusing that Jack Grealish is somehow not included on these lists.  Why is he exempt?

I think given his age he gets a little more leeway than the others.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

People are missing the point of the question.  It's not "Are these players good enough?" it's "Do you give these players a second chance?".

For me, I'd like to think they all have a clean slate now (apart from perhaps Lescott who has shown nothing at all at any point).  Fans are, quite rightly, incredibly annoyed at their performances on the pitch.  If these changed for the better, I'd be OK with that.

Exactly.

Of course I will give all of them a second chance IF they convince RDM and play next season. I will be behind them 100%.

Do I want all of them to stay? No.

• Like 4

Guzan - No. Terrible distribution, poor decision making and more make him a bad goalkeeper. Get a young, championship ready goalkeeper and we will be sorted.

Lescott - No. Don't even bother. Certainly has passion for a so called 'fan' of the club!

Richards - Yes. Only if his wages drop, though. He could do a fine job under RDM if he sets his attitude straight.

Bacuna - Going off to Barcelona for a £1bn fee anyways.

Gabby - Arrange a special 'leg breaking' accident for him, he doesn't deserve to play football anymore.

Edited by meme

No. I don't ever want to see these arseholes ever again in a Villa shirt.

I just want to see a team I can support, can get behind and can watch knowing they are invested in what we are trying to achieve.

If that means bringing in 'lesser' players so be it.

• Like 1

Guzan - yes. He is doing really well for USA at the moment proving he is still a decent keeper. He definitely made mistakes last season, but he is showing that with a decent defense in front of him, he is a good keeper. 

Lescott - Probably no. He scored a few goals for us, but he looked really bad defensively. His attitude is also shit. 

Richards - He looked alright at right back, but at center back, he is a definite no. We need a right back so I'd give him a chance. 

Gabby - Depends. If he shows up fit for preseason and looks up for it, then yea I'd give him another go. I think he'd score 15+ in the championship. 

Bacuna - lol no. He is so delusional. He can **** off to some tiny club that plays in the champs league and rot on their bench. 

• Like 1

No for me. Last season was an absolute disgrace and not one of those players bust a gut to help the cause or showed any respect for the club. 

Now we are riding on a wave of optimism we should move them on and start afresh. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

People are missing the point of the question.  It's not "Are these players good enough?" it's "Do these players deserve a second chance?".

For me, "deserve" in an interesting word to use - however, I'd like to think they all have a clean slate now (apart from perhaps Lescott who has shown nothing at all at any point).  Fans are, quite rightly, incredibly annoyed at their performances on the pitch.  If these changed for the better, I'd be OK with that.

The question was would we be willing to give them a second chance or are their performances and attitude last season irredeemable?  My answer is their performances and attitude are irredeemable and they should not be given a second chance.  Why?  because what they did last year showed (a) they are very poor footballers and (b) they have serious character flaws that will hurt the team.  Now the caveat is I would support them if RDM decides to give them a second chance. I would be bloody disappointed and I would see it as a huge mistake, but I would support them because they will be wearing the shirt. So do these players deserve a second chance?  God No.  Would you support them if they HOODWINK RDM, if I must I will. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Â