Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

I think while to some extent there are still remnants of football players left in most of them, the possibility they might turn it around is not worth what it would be to have a clear out and a fresh start. This is a real opportunity to start again, and getting rid of as many as possible would remove a lot of the detrimental animosity and bad atmosphere that exists between fans and club. New owner, good manager, chance to win games at a lower level, it would be disappointing to stop there.

Edited by a m ole

Guzan - Yes. I think he can still be a decent player for us, I think clean sheets are possible off the back of a clean slate.

Lescott and Gabby are the difficult two - I love Gabby and I'd love to see him turn it around, but I think his love for the game has gone and  he's nothing without that enthusiasm, it's possible, but unlikely that he could roar back. Lescott is 33 and will be 34 at the start of the season, he's not good enough now for the Premier league and he won't find a better Championship club than us - I don't think he wants to be here but I think he'll sit and enjoy his retirement year this season. In the case of both of them, whilst I'm not sure that Gabby would take or Lescott would deserve a second chance, I can't see either of them leaving or being wanted elsewhere - I'm not sure I'd call what we'll give them a second chance, but I suspect we're stuck with having them around and might need to use them at some point.

Bacuna is a bit of a pity in a way, I think he could be an asset in the Championship and he's capable of playing well - but I think the bridge was well and truly burned last season; I don't recall a player taking quite so much stick during games. I think he'll find a club that will want him and I don't think his range of the type of club he'd be happy to go to is so limited as to make it impossible he'll find one.

Richards? I hope his agent is as good as i think he is - we need to find someone to take him off our hands quick sharp.

Guzan can stay, rest I want gone. If we are to move forward then bad apples and changing room dissenters such as Gabby & Lescott must be forced out. 

I'd be very very disappointed if Lescott, Gabby, Bacuna & Richards remain come the start of the season.  Lerner gone is half the battle of getting me going to VP again but for me personally, the bad smell of those 4 players in particular is just enough to keep me from still going. 

Get them gone Tony as I desperately want to watch football at VP again.

• Like 1

Weren't Bacuna's comments taken way out of context? If that's the case, then I'd be happy to have him in the Championship. Guzan is just a fundamentally poor goalkeeper IMO and the rest of them I'd be happy to let go.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just want them all gone,  including Guzan.  I do quite like Guzan as a bloke but his confidence is absolutely shot at Villa Park.  

I agree but I don't mind him staying also, if he leaves then that's fine as it may spur him on to improve and allows a new keeper to come in but if he wants to stay and knuckle down and try to make amends then I'm equally as fine with that.

I kind of feel the same with Richards to a degree as I don't feel he took the piss like Gabby, Bacuna & Lescott did but I'd still prefer him to go as the talent and ability just isn't there to reignite and justify keeping him like it could be with Brad.

Guzan: I would keep as I think he can be a decent keeper if he regains confidence and has a stable defence to work with. But I think Brad needs a fresh start and will leave. No great loss. Good luck.

Losercott: We are stuck with him. Hopefully we can agree a pay-off. I'd play him if he's the best option. But we'll be in a dire position of he's in contention.

Richards: I don't see him being with us at the end of the transfer window. He'll be picked up by a bottom 10 Premership team.

Gabby: If he turns up for training looking like a Greek God AND he takes a pay cut he would be worth keeping. If not, I can't see anyone taking him off our hands. 

Bacuna: I have never seen why people rate him. He's a handy utility player to have on the bench but shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Hopefully he'll be signed up by Barcelona as a big name signing. Or maybe Hull as a handy utility player to have on the bench. 

Guzan - Shite let's not forget how bad he was last season shall we... Bunn our second choice keeper  came in and immediately looked twice the player.

Sinclair - The invisible man If i had the mrs he has i'd be strutting round the pitch like i owned it not be a complete non entity

Bacuna - Mr Champions League yet can't find a player with a pass over three yards.... Joke

Gabby - I'd say he's not fit to wear the shirt but he's not fit enough to be a footballer the job he's getting paid 60k a week to do....

Lescott - Don't get me started on Lieutenant Worf, legs have gone and so has any reputation he had for being a villa fan after that car tweet

Richards - Bad Santa himself, Useless at CB yet won't play at RB where he's limited at best.... I wonder how many points he cost us this season

Edited by AshVilla

Funny to see how opinions differ wildly on various players in this topic. 

First of all I would say that if we are going to keep any of them it would be 2 at most, keeping the entire core of such a dreadful squad with a losing mentality would be a monumental mistake. Perhaps a couple of them, under the right circumstances, could be dragged back up. It could be a worthwhile venture. 

The 2 for me would be Guzan and Richards, though neither would be automatic starters. Guzan could be a decent back up to begin with and IF the new coach is able to get him back to approaching his best, he would challenge for a starting berth. Richards I'm not sure what to make of, he lost his head and came across a bit of a rocket polisher at times but I don't *think* that's his personality. Again would have value as a squad player IMO.

The trouble we have is that there will undoubtedly be one or two others who want to leave regardless. We will probably need a goalkeeper, a defender, a right back. a couple of midfielders and a striker before we even begin to approach replacing squad players like Bacuna, Sinclair, Gabby and Sanchez. There's a LOT of work to be done and if the manager feels he can supplement some of that work with a couple of reclamation projects then so be it. 

I'm amazed people want guzan to stay. Over the last couple of years he's been average at best and usually utter shit. Played his part in destroying confidence in the team and while he might come across as a nice guy he clearly didn't give a shit like some of the other words removed. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm amazed people want guzan to stay. Over the last couple of years he's been average at best and usually utter shit. Played his part in destroying confidence in the team and while he might come across as a nice guy he clearly didn't give a shit like some of the other words removed. 

He has been crap. He's mentally broken and if he were a horse he'd be pedigree chum by now. 

However 3 seasons ago he was, in my opinion at least, one of the best in the division. He's 31 years old. So IF they fancied giving him a shot as a project, not as the number one but as a back up with potential, then I could understand that decision. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has een crap. He's mentally broken and if he were a horse he'd be pedigree chum by now. 

However 3 seasons ago he was, in my opinion at least, one of the best in the division. He's 31 years old. So IF they fancied giving him a shot as a project, not as the number one but as a back up with potential, then I could understand that decision. 

I wouldn't even bother with that. I don't think he'd be a positive influence on the club. The majority of fans don't like him and it's asking a lot for a 31 year old to regain form he hasn't shown in years. 

The negatives out weight the positives for me. I'd rather young potential as competition to a starting spot that this idiot. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't even bother with that. I don't think he'd be a positive influence on the club. The majority of fans don't like him and it's asking a lot for a 31 year old to regain form he hasn't shown in years. 

The negatives out weight the positives for me. I'd rather young potential as competition to a starting spot that this idiot. 

I have no idea whether he is a positive influence in the dressing room or not. I don't think it matter what the fans think right now, what does matter is that we start winning football matches. I think if he were back up keeper come the start of next season virtually nobody would give a shit. 

I'm not sure his age is relevant for a keeper. 

In all honesty though bud, I don't really care for him. I do think, however, that signing 6/7 players of the required standard will be difficult enough. If RDM thinks he can relieve some of that pressure by giving fresh starts to one or two of the much maligned lot then so be it. I'll trust his judgement till he proves otherwise. 

No. Get rid of them all. If anyone will take them. 

Further to my above; seeing Xia's latest comments, it would seem that money will be made available to get rid of the troublemakers.

Edited by AntrimBlack

Â