Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

The atmosphere in the stadium at the end o the season was very toxic, especially towards these players. It obviously has an effect on performance. We don't want that next season, we need to get behind the team. Therefore I don't see how there is a way back for these players, one mistake and the fans would instantly be on their backs again.

Only one I would maybe keep would be Richards (at rb) as I don't think he got (nor deserved) the dogs abuse the others got.

I would have no hesitation keeping them all if I thought their performances would improve. Last season is on the managers and whoever it is who appointed them. Sherwood, MacDonald, Garde and Black would have relegated Leicester if they had an opportunity.  

YES or NO?

Gabby - YES. IF we can get him fit and motivated again.

Lescott - YES. Strictly as back up only.

Richards - NO. We have better options for CB and RB.

Bacuna - YES. Our best right back and is likely to get better. Strong defensively and offensively. Fast, versatile, good vision and passing ability. Needs to improve his consistency but overall is one of our most undervalued players and would be sad to see him leave.

Guzan - YES. I think he is better than anybody we are likely to replace him with.

Edited by Michael118

58 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I would have no hesitation keeping them all if I thought their performances would improve. Last season is on the managers and whoever it is who appointed them. Sherwood, MacDonald, Garde and Black would have relegated Leicester if they had an opportunity.  

YES or NO?

Bacuna - YES. Our best right back and is likely to get better. Strong defensively and offensively. Fast, versatile, good vision and passing ability. Needs to improve his consistency but overall is one of our most undervalued players and would be sad to see him leave.

Guzan - YES. I think he is better than anybody we are likely to replace him with.

I can't see how the ineptitude of 5 players can be laid at the door of successive managers this season. Whilst we've had some poor managers, for me it's a case of the players being: sh*t, lazy, arrogant, past it, or all of the above. If we keep the majority of these players, the cancer that afflicted our club throughout last season remains. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

You must be on the wind up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

YES or NO?

Tee hee! I get the joke, you are funny

• Like 1

I quite honestly don't care if they stay or go. If I was in charge I wouldn't keep them, but there is no denying that in the right hands these players could still be assets. I just hope if RDM gives them a chance that he is the right pair of hands. 

PS. We also have to realise that our backroom staff has changed. I don't think fitness will be an issue, while Guzan with a bit of confidence from a good International campaign with one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the world could be great. Now does that mean Gabby will be our best player next season with Marchesi commanding his fitness? Probably not, but a lot of under performers last season could be changed players with the right support on the training pitch.  

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

they will be given a second chance by RDM.

The way he will view it is, they haven't done him a disservice.......yet.

and if/when they do he will deal with it.

might be why we will need 2 seasons

It's not just their playing ability, their personalities, lack of professionalism and attitudes are the last thing we need at the club. I'd be inclined to pay some contracts up, I won't go back until these 5 have gone. I also find people willing to forgive them bizarre, they've had a very large hand in dragging our once proud club down through the mud they deserve nothing but complete contempt from us for that.

• Like 2

Please. No.

Gabby was never the greatest but he had speed and occasionally could put in the good ball from out wide,  He's done now, I just don't think anyone will take him.

Lescott was actually okay, he'll get a move away if he wishes.

Richards was a surprisingly bad footballer. Good athlete, Hopefully a PL team picks him up.

I really want shut of Guzan, I just hate his distribution, I just think we can do better.

Couldn't care less about Bacuna, he's here or not, whatever.

Ideally I want all 5 out but the contracts might make it hard.

I think the manager may take the view that so much that was bad about the club, that may have affected them...... some may say its was THEM that made it so.

I think RDM will want to see for himself, so we might have to wait.

What we know/have seen and what RDM knows is 2 different things.

Tony mentioned a few weeks ago about the need for certain people to go, I assume from King and Bernstein's analysis of the club.  I'd be very surprised if most of those players survive the cull.  The only one I would be sad to see go is Guzan, but you can just tell when a player needs to move on because they have such bad recent memories.

I want all of them gone, average footballers who have been found out by having shit attitudes.  There's plenty of worse footballers than them lot that make it because they have a great attitude.  Time won't cloud my judgement of how the plebs mentioned in the poll gave up and tried to hide behind excuses. Pathetic footballers and pathetic men!!

Gabby - No, of course not. He's expensive, lazy, unmotivated, extremely limited (and that's being nice) and possibly a bad influence in the dressing room.

Lescott - No, He's over the hill, to slow, his body won't hold up in a 46 game championship season, too expensive for a rotation player. Has a nice car thou...

Richards - No, Got by on his athleticism as a youngster, with that now gone he's just a headless chicken who defends on his own. Can't read the game, is reckless, positioning is awful,  is too expensive to keep and is one of the few players we might actually still get a few bobs for.

Guzan - No, He's gotten gradually worse for a few seasons now, add to that that his confidence here is shot and that he lack command of his area and has horrible distribution. He's a risk I'm not willing to take next season even thou he's apparently having a good Copa America.

Bacuna -  How-bout-no-you-crazy-dutch-bastard.jpg

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's not just their playing ability, their personalities, lack of professionalism and attitudes are the last thing we need at the club. I'd be inclined to pay some contracts up, I won't go back until these 5 have gone. I also find people willing to forgive them bizarre, they've had a very large hand in dragging our once proud club down through the mud they deserve nothing but complete contempt from us for that.

When you are in trouble you need everyone to pull together for the cause. Last season they all had their own agendas, and said sod it to the club. So for that, they need to leave ASAP.

Some good business men left our club, citing that huge changes were required at the club and that was the only way they could do an effective job.

They weren't wrong then, and they're still right now.  All this shit needs to be flushed.

• Like 1

Â