Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

The absurdity of the decision was summed up by a comment I read recently (maybe from Smith)

'With Chester carrying a knock, our only fully fit Center Back plays for Hull City'

All the more ridiculous when you consider that Bruce saw Tuanzbe as a right back. 

35 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Or we just need an energetic specialized holding midfielder to sit in front of them which is why I think the Doukoure link has legs.

This would certainly help another aspect of our play and hopefully give us chance to press higher on teams, but we may still be susceptible to teams like Preston looking to hit long balls over the top which we are struggling to defend. 

With Axel out he is a better short term alternative to the ones we have been using to play alongside Chester. I think he can fill a gap whilst we look to bring another central defender in during this transfer window. Once we have done that and Axel is back he can provide some cover until the end of the season. He's not the solution to our problems at the back but he might offer a reasonable sticking plaster for us.

I'm sure he would rather have stayed where he was but we are paying his wages and were likely paying the bulk of them whilst he was at Hull so we were right to call him back. Do a good job like you were doing there for them Tommy.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Tommy is back, and look how tall he’s grown!

He is massive!

When he retires , he can get a job at Gatwick swatting drones like Godzilla.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, av1 said:

The absurdity of the decision was summed up by a comment I read recently (maybe from Smith)

'With Chester carrying a knock, our only fully fit Center Back plays for Hull City'

All the more ridiculous when you consider that Bruce saw Tuanzbe as a right back. 

It's suicidal management to say the least.

He had no intentions of building anything as only weeks before he was ready to walk away and do a runner before making a grovelling U turn to the new owners spouting bollocks that he was the best man for the job with his four promotions.

He set us up in a bid to **** us up imo and that evidence is displayed clearer week after week.

Absolute ****** prick!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I'm showing my football naivety here but isn't DS ideal for Elphick who flourished in an attractive Bournemouth side? Could be an inspired as much as necessary recall. Or more likely he starts well then breaks his foot.  

• Like 1

Welcome back Tommy... you know what, I does feel like a clean slate. I’ve been critical of him in the past, but let’s draw a line under that and start again. 

All the best Tommy, I hope you nail it second time around.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

His first games for Villa were hindered by a couple of mistakes and a couple of unlucky moments that lead to him being nervous and playing as if trying too hard to rectify the previous errors, which only compounded the issues. If he can avoid an error in his first couple of games, I’m hopeful he can add some strength to the weakest part of our squad. Good luck Tommy.

Edited by brommy

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

That interview makes me think that we won't be signing another CB. 

i honestly cant see that to be honest, him and Chester are now our only two fit CB's, and Chester is carrying an injury and playing through it, common sense dictates we must be looking for at least one more CB.

Chester might need a rest to assist his recovery, or god forbid Chester or Ephlick get injured, we are back down to one CB?

I would bet money we sign another CB in Jan (subject to when Axel is out until - as i dont actually know?)

Â