Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

I don;t think RDM has a full squad yet. How many games has our preffered central partnership player together? That is Jedinak and Tish. Either of them injured leaves us weak. Today was a good result for us and RDM's sub of Tish paid off. Still way too early to call for his head. And we need another transfer window. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No but I suspect that unlike RDM they had a plan and put down some foundations.

That's unfair, unless you can tell me RDM didn't sign our 3 best players this season in RM, JK and AT? 

Edited by Ryan.

We didn't win....sack him. Get someone else in then sack them if they're no better after 10 games. Then get someone else in and give them 10 games...then sack them if its no better. Keep doing this until everyone realises that it might take more than 10 games to get a TEAM to develop. 

RDM needs to be given a whole season. 

• Like 2

Doesn't know his best team or formation and makes substitutes too late. 

Today we needed a double substitution at half time Imo and although Adomah was not setting the world alight I can't understand taking off a winger when you bring on Gestade. 

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

We didn't win....sack him. Get someone else in then sack them if they're no better after 10 games. Then get someone else in and give them 10 games...then sack them if its no better. Keep doing this until everyone realises that it might take more than 10 games to get a TEAM to develop. 

RDM needs to be given a whole season. 

I completely agree. Furthermore, what has happened to us fans? Demanding instant success just cos we blew 50 mill? We haven't seen the best of each of these players but it will take time - doesn't matter what they cost, they are all new to each other. Forget about promotion right now, and blumin give this brand new team some time. The booing at half time was complete BS, a hangover from last season directed at a team and manager who were not here last season. 

• Like 3

His subs mystified me tonight. Should have taken off Westwood when Tshibola came on. I don't think he lacks ideas as he's tried many formations this season. I just think he's looking for the right formula. I'd stick with him. I think Villa fans would enjoy the season more if we took the following views:

Keep calm unless we drop anywhere in the bottom 3. 

See how the season goes and hope for a chance at promotion. 

We will go up in the near future but I think this season may prove to be too soon. I'm willing to wait unless it gets desperate this season, which, it isn't yet. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I completely agree. Furthermore, what has happened to us fans? Demanding instant success just cos we blew 50 mill? We haven't seen the best of each of these players but it will take time - doesn't matter what they cost, they are all new to each other. Forget about promotion right now, and blumin give this brand new team some time. The booing at half time was complete BS, a hangover from last season directed at a team and manager who were not here last season. 

Agree up to the boo's, but that's another argument...

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Someone give me a coherent reason why he should retain his job other than "it could get better let's see"

Because Man United fans wanted to get rid of Alex Ferguson and he eventually became probably the best manager of any team ever,. 

Not saying that he will come good or he shouldn't be sacked but you asked for a coherent reason so here it is. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I agree. We looked disjointed, like a team full of new players who don't really know how to play together yet...because that is exactly what we are. It needs time, even after 50mill it still needs time. If we make the play offs we will have had a great season from where we were last season. 

We were the biggest pile of shite going..its gonna take some turning round.

What i loved about today was that we were playing crap against probably the best team in the division. We didn't buckle, we didn't cave in, we kept battling away and slowly turned it around..and could have nicked it at the end. We have to learn to dig in and play ugly, and i think we're getting there. Elphick knew he'd had a mare but he didn't disappear, he stuck at it. 

Really gave me hope tonight.

UTV 

Come on u villa boys :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Because Man United fans wanted to get rid of Alex Ferguson and he eventually became probably the best manager of any team ever,. 

Not saying that he will come good or he shouldn't be sacked but you asked for a coherent reason so here it is. 

We should probably never sack anyone then, just in case.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

RDM is showing worrying signs of being tactically inept. Starting with 3 at the back against one up front is wrong. At times 1 player covered 3 of ours and other times 2 players contained 5 of ours no wonder we couldn't attack!! Then he picked Bacuna in centre mid and our new winger as wing back!! We were awful 1st half and should've changed shape to get a footing in the game but he did nothing. We could easily have gone to 442 or 433 with the players we had on. In the first 6 games with a flat back 4 we have looked good going forward and pretty solid in games but because of a few late goals he's decided to play 3 at the back. We don't look any more solid but he's managed to nullify our attacking threat. 2 wins this week or he has to go. Hopefully Stoke lose next week and Hughes becomes available. 

Would you not be worried about the fact your looking for a manager who by the looks of it has lost his dressing room at his present club ?

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Clueless tactics, bizarre substitutions. Get rid. Won't achieve anything with this clown.

The substitutions completely changed the game in our favour?

I have no idea why they're being criticised at all. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We don't look any more solid but he's managed to nullify our attacking threat.

This is my biggest worry. We've gone from dominating the opposition but conceding goals to draw or lose the game. Then playing out dull draws where no one particularly does anything to deserve to win to now getting draws we have not deserved to get. It's been a linear deterioration and if the line continues it leads to defeats. 

Every game I think he will turn it round and the season will start but I've moved from thinking we're on the verge of giving someone a kicking to thinking were on the verge of receiving a kicking. 

He absolutely must turn this sharpish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

If DiMatteo was charged with that project he wouldn't have a block layed yet.

Nah he would have purchased all the materials but taken longer than planned to start the reconstruction. Although we are all annoyed if we put things in to perspective he has only had 8 games. Fergie got 5 years.

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The substitutions completely changed the game in our favour?

I have no idea why they're being criticised at all. 

Because a lot of people on here know better.... you know they have their badges and x amount of years managing in top leagues around the world. We really are blessed that so many VT fans are experienced managers....:blush:

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Â