Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

On 9/22/2016 at 12:20, Richard said:

Not so long ago that was "beat Forest and Branford (C.Demitri) and all will be well" then it was "beat Ipswich" etc etc,  you see where im going with this

Yes, I do

Winning a game IMO will not necessarily turn the corner for us.

For me the evidence will appear on the pitch in terms of the performances.

In boxing terms....If you can't hurt your opponent, make sure he can't hurt you....otherwise you are beat.

I think we tend to over complicate things at times....its a simple game, with simple things to get right....it only gets complicated when you don't do the simple things....paradoxical I know.

The worry for me Richard, is draws are rarely in the middle.....you  either have a tendency to be close to a win ( unlucky) or have a tendency to be close to losing (lucky)....It may not be long before we are doing one or the other.

On 9/22/2016 at 18:05, bobzy said:

On the flip side, got West Brom promoted and Chelsea to win the CL so fondly remembered.

People have said they don't rate him - that's fine - but what's it based on?  A 6th place Bundesliga finish or have people actually witnessed what he does and thought "don't like the way he uses 5-4-1 so much to be honest" etc?  I'm curious.  I know nothing about RDM as a manager apart from where he's finished and I'm not writing him off after so few matches knowing so little about him.

Just heard comments about Mourinho at Man U......basically saying that there has been 3 years of poor signings and that he has a rebuilding job to do. Souness, Neville & Carragher said he needs at least 12 months.

Well we have had 6 years + of poor signings so makes you wonder

RDM He was never my choice as new manager, however I was not opposed to it either.....I have no idea who the right manager is.

However, I feel uncomfortable in changing him so soon.....He needs at least a season for me......and then it will be clearer what progress has been made or not.

Unless results manifest themselves in a positive way, its the people at the club will be the only ones who can tell things are getting better, because we are not privvy to his day to day work at BMH.....you would then expect that good work to find its way on to the pitch on match day.

N.B Whilst we have off the field distractions like we do.....that cannot be helpful to the "cause" for RDM

Ps in terms of experience for the manager.....Chelsea-West Brom & Schalke must be a good learning curve for him.....I am hopeful.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Well he needs a lot more than 8-10 games!  Would like to think most supporters see that and are backing him 100% - I certainly am.

The jury is still out for me, but for now I'm backing him.

that means while the jury is out I will not be looking for his removal.

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Well he needs a lot more than 8-10 games!  Would like to think most supporters see that and are backing him 100% - I certainly am.

I agree Gary. Especially as the transfer window only shut a couple of games ago. I think in the fullness of time, things will start to look up. Lord knows one thing this clubs needs is stability.

I just cannot see why we should give him time. It is apparent that this is what we are and this is what we will remain under RDM. Giving him time will just result in us getting even worse. He should have been hauled up for an inquiry after the Luton game. Nothing I have seen so far this season (apart from maybe the Rotherham game) is remotely acceptable given the money spent.

My only issue is I have literally no idea who we could replace him with, and that is the biggest problem.

Â