Roberto Di Matteo

meme

1 hour ago, Razor said:

In his short managerial career so far he has taken a team to the playoffs in league 1, achieved promotion from the Championship to the Premier League and then won the Champions League. We have been embarrasing for years now and have no right to argue with those achievements so lets get behind him and hope for a swift return to the top flight.

I've declared previously that I'm not a fan, I think he's a divisive character and I'd question his motivation. 

At the same time... I can't argue with the above. He's had a better career than I assumed. 100% behind him, as I would be whoever he were. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Possibly Eddie Newton from Chelsea on the coaching staff ? He's worked with Di Matteo before.  Not sure if Conte is bringing in his own team.

I would be delighted if he bought Newton with him. He's the real deal. 

• Like 1

Probably the least volatile appointment for the fanbase to absorb compared to Pearson or Martinez. I actually think Xia is a bit of a genius and if this is his pick then I trust in Xia. Huge opportunity now for RDM, I think he has 'the hunger'.

41 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Apart from the good talent they do sound very similar to us worryingly......

Didn't he resign at Schalke?

Didn't he do okayish coming about 6th? A bit better than Moyes foreign spell then. He seems a decent guy but has he the bite and drive to shake us up?

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My Baggies mate raves about him too. 

I've always wondered what evidence people have for giving any kind of review of an assistant manager. Unless details are released as to the exact role and precise undertakings of an assistant, how can we really judge them? What I mean is that the line between manager and assistant can be quite a blurry one.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2