Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

On 23/12/2022 at 16:49, brommy said:

I wouldn't be too upset if it were the Ron Saunders Stand but you certainly make a fair point regarding William McGregor.

I'm asking myself, does the fact that R.S. happened to win the most recent of our league titles, qualify him above other league winning managers and a European Cup final stages winning manager?

Could be the Unai Emery stand  by the time it’s finished in a couple of years then. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't pay too much notice to the details in the video fly through - they don't actually reflect the submitted and approved documents.

But what about the crowd of minions ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 23/12/2022 at 12:01, Sulberto21 said:

I might have mentioned it before but renaming the individual blocks within the stand might be a good idea. So instead of block T1,T2 etc I’d go with the Ron Saunders enclosure/ section, Ugo Ehiogu section , Billy Walker etc… that way more of our legends will get the recognition they deserve with the new modern stand. 

Great idea!

1 hour ago, maqroll said:
On 23/12/2022 at 17:01, Sulberto21 said:

I might have mentioned it before but renaming the individual blocks within the stand might be a good idea. So instead of block T1,T2 etc I’d go with the Ron Saunders enclosure/ section, Ugo Ehiogu section , Billy Walker etc… that way more of our legends will get the recognition they deserve with the new modern stand. 

Expand  

Great idea!

Seconded, love that idea

54 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

What you have to remember with the stage we are at with this to get planning you just need concept design if we are using RIBA stages so over the next 12-18  we will go through spatial coordination so m&e services fitting inside structural design etc then detailed design making sure that all information is ready to build from so I think all that work will be going on in the back ground and can get accelerated accordingly to meet a start on site date. 

on the renders for the video, i make those things for the Houses of Parliament and I think the ones we have done for VP are very impressive. They usually use gaming technology like unreal engine to pull them together. 

apologies for being a geek but this is my line of work so I find it fascinating  especially when it’s about a place I love like VP

Apologies aren’t required. Translation into non geek would be handy though. 🙂

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Apologies aren’t required. Translation into non geek would be handy though. 🙂

No problem. Using a car analogy what we have currently is the body work with no mechanics, axels etc designed so it looks nice and you can get some good images etc and most importantly show planning how it will look in context of the surrounding area. The next stage is to them design how it’s all going to work in reality so for us that means things like access in and out rod supports, all the services required to run the building so power, gas, water etc and working out how all of this stuff fits into the space you have available. I’m my job we use a 3d model to do this and judging by the images from Villa they have done the same which is good because you can use that to start working out a schedule of works (4d) and more of a fix on cost (5d).

After that stage it’s designing in the specifics. so things like we know we want 50 male toilets in this area but what type of toilet and basin etc. we need kitchen space for hospitality so what configuration of equipment is needed.

the is still a lot of work to do but I would imagine a lot of that’s been going on Already so it might not take more than 6 months to firm up the design 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

No problem. Using a car analogy what we have currently is the body work with no mechanics, axels etc designed so it looks nice and you can get some good images etc and most importantly show planning how it will look in context of the surrounding area. The next stage is to them design how it’s all going to work in reality so for us that means things like access in and out rod supports, all the services required to run the building so power, gas, water etc and working out how all of this stuff fits into the space you have available. I’m my job we use a 3d model to do this and judging by the images from Villa they have done the same which is good because you can use that to start working out a schedule of works (4d) and more of a fix on cost (5d).

After that stage it’s designing in the specifics. so things like we know we want 50 male toilets in this area but what type of toilet and basin etc. we need kitchen space for hospitality so what configuration of equipment is needed.

the is still a lot of work to do but I would imagine a lot of that’s been going on Already so it might not take more than 6 months to firm up the design 

Best Homer Simpson Nerd GIFs | Gfycat

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once we've agreed all the internal specifications we will then need to put the construction out to tender, sort through the quotes and pick a contactor.  It's not a bungalow we're building here. That process is going to take time.  Then the builder will start value engineering to make it cheap and nasty so they can match the **** stupid price they quoted to build it. 

The solicitors will have a ding dong arguing about contract terms, each trying to replace the perfectly formed totally fair standard JCT or NEC conditions of contract to make it unfair on the other party. Ultimately just making more money for the solicitors and causing everyone else connected to it a right headache for no real reason. 

I speak from experience. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Once we've agreed all the internal specifications we will then need to put the construction out to tender, sort through the quotes and pick a contactor.  It's not a bungalow we're building here. That process is going to take time.  Then the builder will start value engineering to make it cheap and nasty so they can match the **** stupid price they quoted to build it. 

The solicitors will have a ding dong arguing about contract terms, each trying to replace the perfectly formed totally fair standard JCT or NEC conditions of contract to make it unfair on the other party. Ultimately just making more money for the solicitors and causing everyone else connected to it a right headache for no real reason. 

I speak from experience. 

You missed off if its design and build or trad 😉

Almost definitely d&b in my mind with then the architect novated over, will be sent out as a glorified RIBA stage 3 claiming to be a stage 4

2 to 3 months away from issuing the ITT, 3 to 6 month tender, 1 to 2 months to review the returns, 1 to 2 months to agree the contract

And going OT 2 stagers are the future, I think the vast majority of government and LA teams know it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You missed off if its design and build or trad 😉

Almost definitely d&b in my mind with then the architect novated over, will be sent out as a glorified RIBA stage 3 claiming to be a stage 4

2 to 3 months away from issuing the ITT, 3 to 6 month tender, 1 to 2 months to review the returns, 1 to 2 months to agree the contract

And going OT 2 stagers are the future, I think the vast majority of government and LA teams know it

I speak from less experience than you 😂

It will be d&b though for sure but fortunately I don't deal with the PI if they start dicking about with those terms. 

:thumb:

Aston Villa stadium redevelopment approved

Birmingham City Council has granted planning permission for phase one of Aston Villa Football Club’s proposed redevelopment and expansion of its Villa Park stadium.

The £100m first phase includes a new North Stand connecting into Trinity Stand, and enhancements to the existing Trinity Stand, increasing the Birmingham stadium’s capacity from its current 42,785 to more than 50,000.

The project also includes the creation of Villa Live, a 6,500 sqm commercial development to replace the existing shop, academy building and security lodge.

More than 7,000 sqm of new public realm surrounding the stadium’s Witton Lane entrance will also be created, improving accessibility and safety for match-goers.

https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/aston-villa-stadium-redevelopment-approved

• Like 2

Â