Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

23 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

That may be the case in B6 but over in Small Heath……

This would be the bugbear from them. The principal sports facility in the West Midlands should be considered 'nationally significant infrastructure' in my opinion. But I can't see other than cov arena having even half an argument 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

This would be the bugbear from them. The principal sports facility in the West Midlands should be considered 'nationally significant infrastructure' in my opinion. But I can't see other than cov arena having even half an argument 

It’s an old and on going story I’m afraid. The Midlands isn’t glamorous and is dismissed by the media in general. It’s incredible that the national stadium was always going to be in London despite its many problems. A huge stadium in the middle of the country with excellent road, rail and air links. No thanks we’ll spend twice as much in London where nobody can easily get too and will cost them a fortune even if they do. 

I could go on but it would involve a lot of swearing and shouting and you know what the mods are like, let alone my wife. 

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What is our capacity expected to be for the next two seasons?

The club hasn't anything yet so we will have to wait for the official numbers.

I presume if the demolition is to go ahead they will have to address this when they announce the season ticket prices. They will have to relocate all of the season ticket holders in the north stand to other areas for about a 12 to 18-month period.  That could be about 3-4,000 people. 

I think we currently have about 29,000 season ticket holders. If this is maintained, this will result a very limited amount of match day tickets of a couple of thousand with the rest being the away allocation.

The North Stand current capacity is a little under 7,000 so a rough guess Villa Park capacity will be about 35,000 during the rebuilding. However they are also planning to do some work in the Trinity Stand so I don't know if this will affect capacity as well, or that they will phase this later on when perhaps the lower  tier of new North Stand will be open.

I expect there will be interest in some people moving over to the new stand. However many season ticket holders have been in the same seat for years and wouldn't fancy a move. I expect the club would like to get people on the waiting list in the new north stand, which could create an exciting counterpoint to the Holte.

Edited by The Fun Factory

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have no idea. Refurbishment of the concourse?  Sounding out views on safe standing? 

Yeah pretty much this to be honest. Safe standing, food options, beer options, facilities pre and post-match (I would guess they are potentially considering keeping the concession stands open at full time).

A lot of questions about "GA+" which was "general admittance plus". Sounded like they were thinking of access to certain bars and areas etc with better food and drink but that is more than likely for the new North Stand rather than the North Stand. 

16 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Yeah pretty much this to be honest. Safe standing, food options, beer options, facilities pre and post-match (I would guess they are potentially considering keeping the concession stands open at full time).

A lot of questions about "GA+" which was "general admittance plus". Sounded like they were thinking of access to certain bars and areas etc with better food and drink but that is more than likely for the new North Stand rather than the North Stand. 

They could just knock the Holte Suite through and that would expand the lower holte concourse. It can very crowded down there as I would guess it is less floor space than the upper tier, with a couple more thousand spectators. 

54 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Was there any mention of where these GA+ members would be sitting in the Holte End?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Was there any mention of where these GA+ members would be sitting in the Holte End?

Going to be a hard sell in any other stand isn't it. they might get away with it more easily in a rebuilt stand, but in the other 3, any new "premium" options are taking space and probably facilities away from other fans. I'm 100% sure they'll not be reducing the GA tickets to compensate for that.

• Like 2

There were a lot of "gentrification" kinda suggestions in the survey IMO, things like restaurants and fine dining experiences which I personally wouldn't want in the Holte. Out of the options, the things I was in favour of were more traditional match day food options/independent local traders in the concourse, I think it's important to keep a local feel and help out Birmingham-based businesses where we can. If I want a posher experience, I'll go to the organic fruit and veg stall outside the new North Stand!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It didn’t. But it was mentioning something like proper meals, a premium concourse area. If it were to be in the Holte you’d assume some sort of conversion in the Holte Suite might happen. 

There was also stuff about being able to buy food and drink packages as part of ticket, concourse seating areas, and other add ons to your ticket. 

It did ask about safe standing too. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

They could just knock the Holte Suite through and that would expand the lower holte concourse. It can very crowded down there as I would guess it is less floor space than the upper tier, with a couple more thousand spectators. 

Holte Suite is great and would hate to see it taken away or have to be paid extra for! Much better option than the concourse both pre-match and at half time.

Surprised they are hawking these "upgrade" options for the Holte, wouldn't it make more sense (and revenue too) to have them available in the family stand or the new north stand? When I used to sit in the Lower Holte near L7 way, lots of us went out for the half time smoke and most others just grabbed a quick beer or stayed seated. Not sure if they still open the outside area at HT, however i think those with families and those who are there for an experience/day out are likely to spend more on premium food options, and they will also be more likely to buy for 2 adults and 2 kids too

I think the Holte definitely has scope for some changes, as our lives change we shouldnt have to compromise on the location we sit in when other things become more important. I now love attending with my son, hes 13. A few years ago i pretty much wouldnt bother as the food was dreadful, he could barely see half the game and the toilet facilities not really great for a young kid.

As i get older i probably wont manage to stand for the entire game, why should i have to leave the Holte, cant a bit of it be used for someone a bit older.

I havent used the ladies toilets but the stories ive heard wouldnt make me want to either.

Imagine being a long term holte ender but an accident or changing circumstances leave you with some sort of disability, you can basically never sit in the Holte again. Doesnt seem right.

Maybe this all feels a little woke, not my intention. I just dont think we need to sit in the dark ages. Change is good, make the Holte more available and i suspect the atmosphere, facilities and value for money will improve.

On 14/02/2023 at 20:09, Milfner said:

It didn’t. But it was mentioning something like proper meals, a premium concourse area. If it were to be in the Holte you’d assume some sort of conversion in the Holte Suite might happen. 

There was also stuff about being able to buy food and drink packages as part of ticket, concourse seating areas, and other add ons to your ticket. 

It did ask about safe standing too. 

There was one question about how important a "central view" is to you, or something along those lines. And seemed like a lot more questions about this "concourse seating" than safe standing. I guess the two could be related.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

There was one question about how important a "central view" is to you, or something along those lines. And seemed like a lot more questions about this "concourse seating" than safe standing. I guess the two could be related.

I had the survey but didn't put two and two together here. If they stick 'posh' seats in the centre of the Holte and try and move me from my seat I've had since year dot then that can be the final massive straw and they can stick my ST up their arse.

Just open bars before and after the match, stick a marquee in the car park and show the early/late kick off to spread the crowd dispersal. And stick some more bogs in. That's all 90% of us want or need.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, blunther said:

I had the survey but didn't put two and two together here. If they stick 'posh' seats in the centre of the Holte and try and move me from my seat I've had since year dot then that can be the final massive straw and they can stick my ST up their arse.

Just open bars before and after the match, stick a marquee in the car park and show the early/late kick off to spread the crowd dispersal. And stick some more bogs in. That's all 90% of us want or need.

Exactly this. They don't actually care about the fan's match days experience, because if they did they'd have made all these small, easy fixes years ago.

There's not enough money to be made from that though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think they would probably like see how  many of the great unwashed are willing to pay for an occasional upgrade pre-match dinning/drinking experience before going to the match. If every season ticket  holder  was willing to do that a couple of times of a season at say 40- 50 quid plus a time, that would be a big revenue easier. 

I already pay over the odds for abysmal services tbh I'll not be putting another penny in. My season ticket rises again next few years they can honestly stick it.

Â