Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Real Madrid making use of their renovated stadium. Not sure Birmingham will ever be able to compete with London or Madrid but who knows what a renovated VP or new stadium could bring.

Real Madrid and Florentino Perez have looked to guarantee a new stream of cash flow for the next 25 years. According to a report from MARCA and with details cited from Voz Populi, US based company, Legends, an expert in sport and event based experiences, has guaranteed Real Madrid €400 million a year in return for 20% of the new Santiago Bernabeu profits. It is expected that the agreement is for all non-football related events and experiences at the soon to be remodeled stadium.

The deal will see Real Madrid bring in €250 million more on annual basis vs the figures they were bringing in from the Santiago Bernabeu in pre-pandemic environment. Legends has guaranteed the miscellaneous events will bring in €400 million a year, and if not, will pay Madrid the difference. The US based firm believes they can guarantee the figure because they expect profits far in excess of €400 million a year.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2022/1/28/22905591/us-company-legends-agrees-to-pay-real-madrid-400-million-a-year-report

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Real Madrid making use of their renovated stadium. Not sure Birmingham will ever be able to compete with London or Madrid but who knows what a renovated VP or new stadium could bring.

Problem for us is that we won't have a retractable pitch that disappears underground. That's what really makes the new madrid stadium multi-use. Also it seems the NFL is heading to Spain, we won't get NFL at VP and would struggle to attract any other sports apart from maybe rugby.

Just now, villa89 said:

Problem for us is that we won't have a retractable pitch that disappears underground. That's what really makes the new madrid stadium multi-use. Also it seems the NFL is heading to Spain, we won't get NFL at VP and would struggle to attract any other sports apart from maybe rugby.

Agreed, would require a new stadium.

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

That Everton stadium just looks plain dangerous. Drunk people will fall in lol

Many a fan either jumped or got thrown into the Trent at Forest back in the day 

Edited by Follyfoot

24 minutes ago, sne said:

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2022/1/28/22905591/us-company-legends-agrees-to-pay-real-madrid-400-million-a-year-report

Sounds bent to me, another way of bullshitting ffp. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sounds bent to me, another way of bullshitting ffp. 

This is what we are competing with if we aim to become a top European side. Financially we are minnows even with that massive TV-deal and PL price money.

Not sure VP is ever going to make us money.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

This is what we are competing with if we aim to become a top European side. Financially we are minnows even with that massive TV-deal and PL price money.

Explain how. We have corporate in 3 of the 4 stands already. Its not like Goodison which only has 14 executive boxes.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Explain how. We have corporate in 3 of the 4 stands already. Its not like Goodison which only has 14 executive boxes.

Our match day revenue is a pittance compared to most clubs. We need to find ways to get people to spend more money during games, keep them longer around the stadium and also increase capacity. Even with a large rebuild I fear VP might be limited in those regards. 

Delighted if the club finds ways to solve it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Our match day revenue is a pittance compared to most clubs. We need to find ways to get people to spend more money during games, keep them longer around the stadium and also increase capacity. Even with a large rebuild I fear VP might be limited in those regards. 

Delighted if the club finds ways to solve it.

Move 100 miles to London. Or win lots of trophies.

Simple.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I can dig that. The romantic in me wants to still be standing on the old Holte End but we have to push for expansion as a company, I hate the sound of that but it's the modern game.

I hate what money has done to the game but we have to act, we are too big to accept the same fate as a Southampton or a Wolves and live a life floating around  the middle of the table.

We are not in London but we are ideally situated to maximize on a huge future fanbase, we have no competition in these parts really.

The trend says this Villa Park will have us  probably falling behind the pack that are chasing the scum6, we need to put the fans and the grass into a stadium with surrounding areas maximised to generate the the correct level of income that we need to compete 

Bricks, metal, glass etc are just materials, it's us and the grass that matter. Done correctly, and I think NWSE will, it can be just as special.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Personally I think they **** redevelopment attempts with the exception of the Holte. Someone should be locked up for what was done to the Trinity. The new stand is decent, but so ugly. Hopefully it can be saved with time and money spent on the exterior.

As stands go the new Trinity is actually quite nice looking.  It's just that it's compared to the absolute work of beauty that came before it that it's judged so harshly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

For you maybe, it could also inspire a whole new generation of Brum born kids and breathe new life into the club. 

I think the same, the cost would be absolutely insane though so I think it would only be done by a Villa fan who literally didn't care about the cost to him personally. I think we have a grant total of zero of those fans.

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

This. I don't think most Villa fans actually realise what we have. 

Most away fans rate Villa Park very highly.

She just needs a tidy up and a new North Stand. 

It would be massively cheaper to build a new North Stand,  buy all the houses on the south side of Holte Road and rebuild The Witton Lane stand, buy our own fleet of buses and employ our own drivers and rebuild Aston and Witton stations than buy a City Centre plot of land, demolish what's there and build a whole new stadium.

You could add buying a few new trains into that too and you still wouldn't get to even half the cost of a new stadium. 

Pretty much

I don’t want to move from Villa park but we might have to so that we can increase revenue and maximise profit. HS2 if it goes ahead might mean we can steal a few Londoners. Maybe. 

But Ideally we can buy as much of the properties and land in and around Villa Park and expand on there. 

I love the Lucas Oil Stadium btw. Then there’s the Dallas Cowboys one which is epic.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As stands go the new Trinity is actually quite nice looking.  It's just that it's compared to the absolute work of beauty that came before it that it's judged so harshly.

I disagree. I think it is objectively ugly. Can't argue the comparison does make it look worse than it is though.

I wonder if there is a generation difference in views about moving and staying. Move with the times or get left behind. I'd be up for moving but there's no space in the city centre and there's no point moving unless we are. 

If we stay the whole stadium needs updating which is difficult when the trinity and DE stands are both on top of roads along with the lack of concourse space. Only so much you can do. Staying also saves us £500-600m, which I don't think we'd make that money back? 

Â