Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Somebody in the comments suggests that the AV on the seats is going to be replaced by the Adidas logo? Are they actually serious about that?

If true, I wonder if this is okay with UEFA ground regulations? I assume it would probably be but I know they're quite picky about club sponsorships in their competitions, and stadium sponsors are no exception.

45 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

If true, I wonder if this is okay with UEFA ground regulations? I assume it would probably be but I know they're quite picky about club sponsorships in their competitions, and stadium sponsors are no exception.

I can't see it being a problem - United, Chelsea, City and Arsenal have all had manufacturers logos in their seat patterns and I think still do.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see it being a problem - United, Chelsea, City and Arsenal have all had manufacturers logos in their seat patterns and I think still do.

Thanks, couldn't think of any examples. Clearly doesn't matter as long as the seats are filled!

13 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I'm sure they'll be adding seats and making big changes, but I also wonder if they're going to just replace a lot or all of the seats. As in actually just get new seats.

When I was in the ground for the Birmingham Senior Semi final, so most of the ground was empty, it was very obvious how tired and fade the seats looked. Obviously when it matters you don't notice it because the ground is full. but with nobody in the seats it really did look like it needed some care and attention.

Might seem minor but if they want to push the corporate/hospitality experience then a lot of those attendees are at the ground long before and long after the game, so they might want it to just look good

• Like 1

I’m not sure if I’m imagining it but seem to recall Heck saying in an interview about also generally sprucing the place up including replacing seats?? I had it in my head that we’d be doing exactly this - replacing old faded seats.  

Had some weird dreams this week though so……..

49 minutes ago, turvontour said:

If the Albert Adomah 'doing work in the local community' poster isn't in the lower North toilets again next season, for the 6th season in a row, I'll be very disappointed.

If and as and when they knock down the North stand and build a new one, I want that poster to be transferred to the fancy new rest rooms. It's the least it deserves. 

It's ok you can cheer yourself up by buying the 3 match conference league deal from August if that happens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

If the Albert Adomah 'doing work in the local community' poster isn't in the lower North toilets again next season, for the 6th season in a row, I'll be very disappointed.

If and as and when they knock down the North stand and build a new one, I want that poster to be transferred to the fancy new rest rooms. It's the least it deserves. 

The new toilets will be GA+.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Sponsorship of each seat - £1000 per square centimetre per game. Mysteriously all 42,640 seats sponsored by firm with Egyptian and US links - directors named Nassef Edens and Wes Sawiris. Make it so Heck!

Posted (edited)

not sure what is going on in the North but the holte end is likely to be the rail seating that was due to be done last summer

Edited by mattyvilla

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is rail seating and ‘safe standing’ the same thing? Forgive my ignorance.

Yeah, but I just call it rail seating. I've been standing for almost 53 years now so im pretty sure I'm ok with that

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yeah, but I just call it rail seating. I've been standing for almost 53 years now so im pretty sure I'm ok with that

to be fair that's exactly what it is, its a rail with a foldable seat built in to it

and this is great to say....it has to be that because in european games it will be used as a seat, there is no standing still for the european games* you will be assigned a seat number

*apart from my experience in hamburg where absolutely no one was using that seat and it was a free for all - its a brilliant system

56 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Ah cool, I’d heard both terms and just wasn’t 100% sure. I’m a child of the 80s and started going to VP in the 90s so I’ve never known any actual standing terraces (other than when everyone stands up in front of their seat of course!)

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

to be fair that's exactly what it is, its a rail with a foldable seat built in to it

and this is great to say....it has to be that because in european games it will be used as a seat, there is no standing still for the european games* you will be assigned a seat number

*apart from my experience in hamburg where absolutely no one was using that seat and it was a free for all - its a brilliant system

Most folk stand up there anyway so that won't change

It was never going to be straightforward for ground development at Villa. We have never had a complete master plan of the stadium since the days of Rinder.  We should have known that the North Stand development was far too simple for us.  You could say our ramshackle approach to ground improvements down the years adds to Villa Park's kooky charms, or just a lack a chronic lack of long-term strategic thinking. Take your pick.

The statement the other day does say that they are to install additional seats in the stadium bowl to increase capacity. As others have said,  how this is actually going to happen? How can the club create extra space in the same stands?! 900 odd people are going to have to move in the north, doug ellis, and trinity stands. 

I can't see how seat reconfiguration is going to add much more capacity, surely more in the hundreds rather than thousands. Portsmouth at Fratton Park have done a similar exercise by topping up the capacity by a few hundred, not two thousand.

We are going to add more corporate facilities and disabled seating (which we urgently need to do), both of which are surely more space-intensive than existing seating.

Why has the club been so coy on this, why are there no renders or images on the club website?  And why is the future vision of Villa Park still displayed as that is clearly not the direction of thinking now? Why is this all so opaque?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Indeed on all counts. And they managed to do a 20 minute video thevother week that seemed to go out of its way to avoid the elephant in the room. How many times did he say 'we aren't going to change the Holte' ? There was never any suggestion the Holte was going to change in any fundamental way.

My thoughts on this are well documented so I will say no more.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Â