Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 minutes ago, andycv said:

Ok - sorry - it is in the Design and Access Statement part 2 in the planning application for the Warehouse (pg 17).  Sorry for the epic fail on linking....

What do you search for to get to there?

I've tried "Witton Lane" as the address but got nothing Villa-y.

I've tried "Aston Villa" in keywords and got an application for a new sign on the Leisure Centre from 1979 as the number one hit!

And I've tried "Aston Villa" as applicant name and it seems to have killed the site.

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/GeneralSearch.aspx

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

What do you search for to get to there?

I've tried "Witton Lane" as the address but got nothing Villa-y.

I've tried "Aston Villa" in keywords and got an application for a new sign on the Leisure Centre from 1979 as the number one hit!

And I've tried "Aston Villa" as applicant name and it seems to have killed the site.

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/GeneralSearch.aspx

I always search on the postcode B6 6HE

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, andycv said:

I always search on the postcode B6 6HE

Thank you - found it - the interesting thing there I think, going back to the comments on the Gordon Cowans suite is that in the submitted plans, that whole addition to the building at that end is slated for demolition - I think that bar is in that bit of the building, so if it stays, we're getting something different to the original (warehouse) plans.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 16.30.55.png

I also note that they're using the slope to create a raised terrace which will "catch the evening sunshine" around the side of the building where the entrance currently is.

4 hours ago, andycv said:

My Design & Access Statement Part 2 started with pg 42.

Is this the bit you mean?

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 16.36.37.png

On the other side of the building, facing the shop?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I also note that they're using the slope to create a raised terrace which will "catch the evening sunshine" around the side of the building where the entrance currently is.

Just the Job for evening cocktails. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Think it's fair to assume that the murals painted on the warehouse are a temporary measure done just in time for the last game of the season and to coincide with an announcement of some sort.

Looked on like that,  it's an impressively coordinated and well executed temporary display. If it hangs around for more than a year and becomes a permanent fixture it's less impressive and begs question about the lack of cleaning of the bricks. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If it hangs around for more than a year and becomes a permanent fixture it's less impressive and begs question about the lack of cleaning of the bricks. 

If it's here for more than a month I'll be concerned - I'd hope they'd be doing the shop and the warehouse at the same time and they're starting the shop tomorrow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If it's here for more than a month I'll be concerned - I'd hope they'd be doing the shop and the warehouse at the same time and they're starting the shop tomorrow!

The warehouse is going to take a longer than the club shop as they’ll need to replace the roof and build the microbrewery, offices etc. the club shop is relatively simple year out and refurb. I’m sure I read it will take 12 months so summer 2025 for the warehouse to be open and fully operational. 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m sure I read it will take 12 months so summer 2025 for the warehouse to be open and fully operational. 

Really? I’m sure if the club contact Nick Knowles/DIY SOS, it’ll be done in less than a week.  

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just been the shop, defo being refurbished, frack all in there.

didnt they say it will be closed after tonight's game, and wont be open again until all the refurbishment stuff is done?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

didnt they say it will be closed after tonight's game, and wont be open again until all the refurbishment stuff is done?

Yeah closes tonight. You would think they would have a big sale on, but apart from the random kids stuff, nothing cheap.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I'd have expected a flash sale to get rid of the stock... but guess our favourite third party are on the way out and don't care

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Watching the game tonight and hearing the Holte sing got me thinking how amazing it would be if they replace the North stand with a single tiered stand to really drive the atmosphere from both ends and leave the hospitality for the side stands. Won’t happen but will be an amazing sight. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

image.jpeg.2d54398f226d38a59f178c21a61d2c5b.jpeg

It seems like work has started on seating. Seats being removed from the north stand.

Heck trolling and the stands getting demolished after all 😆😂 

• Haha 1

Â