Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Just now, Wezbid said:

Would it be cheaper long term to home these people, elsewhere in new, bigger modern homes and have the room to play with?

The question is, even if you can house them in a masion, do they want to move?

If the club can offer them a sum above the market rate and they are willing to do so, great.

If they are offered £1m and they turn it down, you cannot do anything (unlike the forever victimised Liverpool did). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

The question is, even if you can house them in a masion, do they want to move?

If the club can offer them a sum above the market rate and they are willing to do so, great.

If they are offered £1m and they turn it down, you cannot do anything (unlike the forever victimised Liverpool did). 

Indeed, nobody should ever be forced out of course.

I only rent, so can't speak as an owner but if I could rent a bigger place for the same amount and with everything being new, I'd be all over it. 

I do appreciate not everybody thinks like that though.

On 17/02/2024 at 19:09, HanoiVillan said:

This has always seemed like the most likely real reason IMO. 

I'd bet my mortgage on it being about price in one way or another.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just wish they'd be open about it

• Like 3

On 21/12/2023 at 23:34, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could be totally wrong, but i'm starting to get a feeling that something more significant than first anticipated is on the way.

A theme Park?🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd bet my mortgage on it being about price in one way or another.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just wish they'd be open about it

State of our finances while having to adjust to tighter UEFA FFP regulations was probably the biggest factor. Especially as the increased attendance doesn't really boost our income much because our existing revenue per fan is pathetic compared to other PL clubs. 

1) Transition to new FFP regulations by year over year increasing revenue

2) Increasing revenue per fan to a higher level

3) Add more seats to increase number of fans

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

State of our finances while having to adjust to tighter UEFA FFP regulations was probably the biggest factor. Especially as the increased attendance doesn't really boost our income much because our existing revenue per fan is pathetic compared to other PL clubs. 

1) Transition to new FFP regulations by year over year increasing revenue

2) Increasing revenue per fan to a higher level

3) Add more seats to increase number of fans

Stadium costs don’t count for FFP 

57 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Someone on X (formerly Twitter) mentioned the Smithfields site as a potential home for a new stadium. 

Missed that chance years ago (ironically when Xia was spouting his nonsense).

Would be a decent area now with the BBC and tram in the next few years and HS2 also connected and a five minute walk.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Someone on X (formerly Twitter) mentioned the Smithfields site as a potential home for a new stadium. 

Just announced £1.9billion pound masterplan  by Lendlease … Perfect site though and a real missed opportunity 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just announced £1.9billion pound masterplan  by Lendlease … Perfect site though and a real missed opportunity 

nah that was earmarked for development as part of the big city plan masterplan 15 years ago

the point of the plan was to increase the size of the city centre including new homes and new jobs, a stadium doesn't help that

13 hours ago, TRO said:

A new Stadium, is not such a pipedream.

I am not against the idea...if the funds can be found.

I think it is a pipedream. You are talking around ~£2 billion to buy a site and build a stadium somewhere in or around Birmingham. It would have to be multi-use and even then the feasibility of it would be questionable at best. I can't see our owner(s) stumping up that kind of money. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I think it is a pipedream. You are talking around ~£2 billion to buy a site and build a stadium somewhere in or around Birmingham. It would have to be multi-use and even then the feasibility of it would be questionable at best. I can't see our owner(s) stumping up that kind of money. 

2 Billion ? Nothing like that. Spurs new stadium cost 1 billion, and that’s with London prices. Everton’s new stadium would be a better comparison, and that cost £500 million.

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

2 Billion ? Nothing like that. Spurs new stadium cost 1 billion, and that’s with London prices. Everton’s new stadium would be a better comparison, and that cost £500 million.

It will cost much more than that by the time it's completed. You are also not factoring in construction price inflation. Realistically to buy a suitable site & build a 60K seater stadium in or around birmingham then you would need ~£1.5 - £2 billion budget. The sale of Villa park probably isn't going to generate much income either in the grand scheme of things. You'd need owners willing to spend £500m on it on the assumption they would probably never see a return on that money. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Dumb question, but does a new stadium go against your FFP?

According to the rules it's excluded but I see Everton are complaining about interest payments increasing on their stadium as part of their FFP defence. So I'm not 100% sure how it all works, just like everyone when it comes to FFP. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Aitoros?

Â