Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

Thanks for the info Ego. In your opinion, would the utilisation of player sales as a sort of stop-gap until any sale is finalised be more or less likely to include Grealish. His value makes him a very significant asset to the Company and would impact on any takeover would it not? Thoughts? 

I don't KNOW but I'd suggest if someone comes in with a sizeable offer than Xia would consider it. IF we are in talks to sell as I think, then it will help in us being able to hold our own for value and not have to sell for peanuts. All good if true. We may have to accept that Jack may go, I mean it would be wonderful if any new owner was able to say "I don't want him sold" but with debts and ffp, god knows.

9 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I don't KNOW but I'd suggest if someone comes in with a sizeable offer than Xia would consider it. IF we are in talks to sell as I think, then it will help in us being able to hold our own for value and not have to sell for peanuts. All good if true. We may have to accept that Jack may go, I mean it would be wonderful if any new owner was able to say "I don't want him sold" but with debts and ffp, god knows.

I'm not so sure, in my view, MOSt buyers would probably want him to stay as a main part of their purchase.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not so sure, in my view, MOSt buyers would probably want him to stay as a main part of their purchase.

Well yes the ideal scenario would be that, but at the moment he is at the peak of his value in that he is potentially worth the difference of survival or not as a club. If were to be bought, we still have to comply with ffp and new owners have to work towards current figures. Things are that dire he may just have no choice  to sell is all I'm saying

I wonder if it’s possible that when Wyness said we had contingency plans for staying down, if he meant something less drastic than firesale, panic, administration, and more panic.   Maybe much of this is just hysterical paper talk or maybe even designed to lower our value which helps other clubs and whoever is hoping to buy us.  Just another baseless hypothesis, I know.  

I guess we will never truly know the ins and outs of the Wyness sacking and probably the level of financial mismanagement that has taken place. It is vital now that any new owner runs us as a sustainable business (including FFP) to ensure our long term future, however painful any such strategy will be.

26 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

All Wyness' fault though?

We're all overreacting and there is nothing to see here. That confirms my views on Xia sadly. One good thing though is Xia is crapping it and that means he wants the spotlight off him fast, so selling Villa suits him for many reasons!!

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Did they really need to scratch out his eyes on the picture thou? :D  Makes him look a bit like a (tiny) monster.

Or has he in fact been taken over by an alien like in The Thing?

Bildresultat för the thing poster

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

Well yes the ideal scenario would be that, but at the moment he is at the peak of his value in that he is potentially worth the difference of survival or not as a club. If were to be bought, we still have to comply with ffp and new owners have to work towards current figures. Things are that dire he may just have no choice  to sell is all I'm saying

peak of Jack's value is yet to come, 2 years, 30 odd goals and 20 odd assists down the line along with some more Maradona like dribbing like in the final....

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

peak of Jack's value is yet to come, 2 years, 30 odd goals and 20 odd assists down the line along with some more Maradona like dribbing like in the final....

Assuming he keeps improving......that's what I meant. Think you may need to accept that part of the 'back to safety' strategy is selling the two main assets. Jack and Chester. I'm not at all happy about it, but far better than a winding up order and no more Villa. So unless any sale can save those two, they're off

Â