Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Dont you come on here talking that sense - we'd all rather panic thank you ?

Well it all remains to be seen I suppose, plenty of room yet to panic, just need the club to communicate something substantial this week as requested by McGrath, I think they will and we'll all return to transfer talk and Bruce bashing/flattering. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Well it all remains to be seen I suppose, plenty of room yet to panic, just need the club to communicate something substantial this week as requested by McGrath, I think they will and we'll all return to transfer talk and Bruce bashing/flattering. 

Thank McGrath for that, roll on the World cup to take our ( and the press) minds off it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

For sure, so it's an interest charging credit facility if required - I do remember @Deisler123 pointing out 'if it was required' - in other words its a solution to cash flow issues, while the bigger problems are addressed. Seems ok a solution to me if it's dipped into and topped back up now and then. Tony for once, has already stated the club needs to be sustainable and that major changes are coming - it all seems a rather sensible way forwards given what's happened. 

Well with  Dr T's decision making so far - that isn't exactly reassuring. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well with  Dr T's decision making so far - that isn't exactly reassuring. 

Agreed, he has a lot to prove from here on in - he has to earn some trust given what's happened with Wyness, no more gaffs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Remarkably, despite the chaos at the top of the club over the past couple of weeks, the Bruce-bashing has gone on unabated. Maybe some are more comfortable sticking to old, well-worn myths and patterns of thought rather than contemplate the more worrying reality we are now facing.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Remarkably, despite the chaos at the top of the club over the past couple of weeks, the Bruce-bashing has gone on unabated. Maybe some are more comfortable sticking to old, well-worn myths and patterns of thought rather than contemplate the more worrying reality we are now facing.

To be fair, the Bruce bashers (as you put it) were and are correct - he did fail.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

To be fair, the Bruce bashers (as you put it) were and are correct - he did fail.

But that was this season and the one before that.

This upcoming season we will see a totally transformed Bruce who will use the youngsters and play "progressive" and attacking football.

You'll see.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, sne said:

But that was this season and the one before that.

This upcoming season we will see a totally transformed Bruce who will use the youngsters and play "progressive" and attacking football.

You'll see.

or we could sack him for £3m - Poach Brentfords manager for a further £1m - who thrives on leaky defences and midtable finishes and doesn't have a promotion to his name

1 minute ago, hippo said:

or we could sack him for £3m - Poach Brentfords manager for a further £1m - who thrives on leaky defences and midtable finishes and doesn't have a promotion to his name

Yeah I'm kinda confused by that.

From what I've seen he's on a 1 year rolling contract worth about £1.5m so not sure why it would cost us £3m to terminate the contract.

But then again it's Villa so if true I probably should not be surprised.

As for Deam Smith, no thanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I'm kinda confused by that.

From what I've seen he's on a 1 year rolling contract worth about £1.5m so not sure why it would cost us £3m to terminate the contract.

But then again it's Villa so if true I probably should not be surprised.

As for Deam Smith, no thanks.

Yeah i was thinking the same regards the 3m.  I read he was on 35k per week which equates to 1.8mill.  Typical press making stuff up as usual i expect. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah i was thinking the same regards the 3m.  I read he was on 35k per week which equates to 1.8mill.  Typical press making stuff up as usual i expect. 

Would be both hilarious and sad if we had Bruce on £65k/w in the Championship.

51 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

And all other parts of the club’s operations were a shiny big success hardly worthy of mention.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Depends to what extent, most Bruce bashers stated we'd never even make the playoffs so by reaching the final he well and truly proved them wrong. 

Perception.

back on thread...

Dr Tony Xia,

Please give us our football club back and sell up to somebody who cares and has some nous.

Edited by imavillan

Â