Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Can't imagine anyone will want to buy the club once they do DD. They will find a club with massive cash flow issues, spiralling wage bill and mortgaged up to its neck. 

How can the wage bill be spiralling when the 4 of the highest 6 or 7 wage earners have just left the club?

I would think they would see a wage bill in free fall downwards massively this season, and more enormous savings on the horizon next year when Richards and Jedanik departs these shores.  That would seem an extremely attractive proposition to me!

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

How can the wage bill be spiralling when the 4 of the highest 6 or 7 wage earners have just left the club?

I would think they would see a wage bill in free fall downwards massively this season, and more massive savings on the horizon next year when Richards and Jedanik departs these shores.  That would seem an extremely attractive proposition to me!

It's still £15m too high for a Championship club. The main issue for me is the debt. We've apparently mortgaged a lot of our assets and have taken out further loans. Surely any prudent buyer would wait for us to go into administration before buying?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

It's still £15m too high for a Championship club. The main issue for me is the debt. We've apparently mortgaged a lot of our assets and have taken out further loans. Surely any prudent buyer would wait for us to go into administration before buying?

Depends I suppose, waiting for administration would incur a points deduction which would increase the possibility of relegation which would devalue the club even further?

Schuuuurely anybody who has been taking note of last season and the upcoming one can see the value of keeping Jack Grealish at the club AND the monetary value of him leaving the club. If Jack is out of the equation before a sale then the club is a different beast, hopes of promotion anytime soon recede, cash value of assets down by £30 mill or so. It's also not a great situation re wages, but this is actually a better squad for this league than the one which got relegated, despite the impending sales. Parachute monies spent, there is still an awful lot to work with at Villa, especially if you can steer us through this season intact - as technically there'd be a permissable £13mill loss to make in 2019/20. Someone's gotta fancy it!

Edit - £30 mill yer say? That's a Grealish sized investment...

Edited by Jareth

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would be very surprised if he got an investment. Who would put 30m quid in to get equity in a mis-managed club. Surely you would want full control or none at all. I certainly wouldn't trust Xia.

Definitely. Who would invest £30m for a share of a club that's being run by a fool? Just wait for it to go bust and then step in for full control.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would be very surprised if he got an investment. Who would put 30m quid in to get equity in a mis-managed club. Surely you would want full control or none at all. I certainly wouldn't trust Xia.

Yes - a daft story 

I think its a primer for selling the training ground or even the ground and try to spin it as an investment. 

Wish to apologise for asking what to me is a simple layman questions.

What happened to all the finance Xia reportedly had when first buying the club? None of this makes sense unless Xia’s reported wealth was based on Monopoly money? Surely a man of his rumoured wealth wouldn’t have all his money in one basket, I.e China?

Edited by striker

4 minutes ago, striker said:

What happened to all the finance Xia reportedly had when first buying the club? None of this makes sense unless Xia’s reported wealth was based on Monopoly money? Surely a man of his rumoured wealth wouldn’t have all his money in one basket, I.e China?

This........

hqdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Here is your answer.

I think he brought villa with a loan - now he has owned for 2 years those repayments kick in - probably at very high interest rates.

Wyness was asked to raise funds NOW - so he outsourced the catering  and probably other stuff - we are mortgaged to the hilt !

Not a finance person though so its just a theory at the moment.

Edited by hippo

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Here is your answer.

I think he brought villa with a loan - now he has owned for 2 years those repayments kick in - probably at very high interest rates.

Wyness was asked to raise funds NOW - so he outsourced the catering  and probably other stuff - we are mortgaged to the hilt !

Not a finance person though so its just a theory at the moment.

:detect:

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So it seems Wyness contract was varied the day before the playoff final on the 25th. Jeez. 

If they have removed the restriction that means the expect new investment/buyers to come in?

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

So it seems Wyness contract was varied the day before the playoff final on the 25th. Jeez. 

If they have removed the restriction that means the expect new investment/buyers to come in?

I think this guy is legit, does not seem a trouble maker. If so then we're getting a little bit more of the story. Tony must be adamant about finding investment, or at least  has restructured to make it possible .

So we were told that these documents on companies house were really key, and once they appeared on Companies House we would actually understand what is happening.

Does anyone understand what they actually mean?   What they imply might be happening?

56 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think this guy is legit, does not seem a trouble maker. If so then we're getting a little bit more of the story. Tony must be adamant about finding investment, or at least  has restructured to make it possible .

all he's done is take the documents off companies house website that anyone can view (indeed i'm looking at them right now)  , how legit do you need to be :)

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

all he's done is take the documents off companies house website that anyone can view (indeed i'm looking at them right now)  , how legit do you need to be :)

He did before anyone else, at least before those talking up the importance of these docs..

Â