Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely stunned at how people are turning Keith Wyness suing for constructive dismissal into the 3rd phase of Villapocalypse.

People sue for constructive dismissal ALL the time, even Martin O'neill did.

He may or may not have done things which made the club feel they could dismiss him for foul play.

No one knows. 

It is nowhere near as dramatic as fans are making it out to be.

Not sure how this is another "Xia can't run a club" beating stick. lol

Bottom line is he wants money, what's the surprise?

You keep using this as a way to mock concerns. I'm interested, what makes you think we are a well run club at the moment? What have you seen that means you are so impressed with us you have decided to mock anyone who is worried? What am i missing?

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I accept that he failed to achieve the number one goal - I've never said otherwise.

Where you and I differ is that I can see the grey space between the black and white.

Funny how the grey area only appears after failure. Had we been promoted i bet your opinion on success and failure would have been very black and white  

Playoff final got us exactly what finishing in 21st would of. Another year in the league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Funny how the grey area only appears after failure. Had we been promoted i bet your opinion on success and failure would have been very black and white  

Playoff final got us exactly what finishing in 21st would of. Another year in the league. 

It's not just that.

He also failed in building a squad or a way of playing that put us in a position to challenge the upcoming season.

Old players and loanees on high wages. No sell on value or development of those already at the club who might remain next season.

Obviously there are worse culprits in our demise than him. But if his first remit was to get promotion, then the second one was to build something long term.

He failed at both.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You keep using this as a way to mock concerns. I'm interested, what makes you think we are a well run club at the moment? What have you seen that means you are so impressed with us you have decided to mock anyone who is worried? What am i missing?

That is literally either an exaggeration or assumption plucked from thin air.

Even forgetting everything else I have said on this subject.

Please tell me why an ex employee filing a lawsuit against a company he has been dismissed from, namely a football club, the next sign of the walls crumbling?

Is this unheard of? Does this mean he will be successful? Does he have a case? Was he involved in wrong doing?

Point is people are just looking for something to latch onto.

Until we know more this in isolation is much ado about nothing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's a pretty simplistic way of looking at things. 

It is but does it really need a complex break down? He was hired to do a specific job and failed to do it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That is literally either an exaggeration or assumption plucked from thin air.

Even forgetting everything else I have said on this subject.

Please tell me why an ex employee filing a lawsuit against a company he has been dismissed from, namely a football club, the next sign of the walls crumbling?

Is this unheard of? Does this mean he will be successful? Does he have a case? Was he involved in wrong doing?

Point is people are just looking for something to latch onto.

Until we know more this in isolation is much ado about nothing.

But it isn't an isolation, so why would we take it in isolation. Its another event that is a concern on how the club is being run. 

I don't get this villapocalypse you keep using. There are clearly things going on that are a worry.

So as a fan who has still not renewed my season ticket....is it wise to do so in this current light?

Is Tony really the man to sort it out.....or is my money just going in to a black hole?

opinions gratefully received.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

So as a fan who has still not renewed my season ticket....is it wise to do so in this current light?

Is Tony really the man to sort it out.....or is my money just going in to a black hole?

opinions gratefully received.

I doubt Xia is the man to sort it out as if you are stupid enough to get us into such a mess I doubt you are clever enough to get us out of it.

I would though advise you to renew your season ticket as the club and specifically the squad that turns out for us next season are likely to need all the help and support they can get.

You'll not be alone in doing so as the club said today over 1000 supporters have bought season tickets since they went back on sale last week taking the total to over 18k.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love how both passionate for and against Steve Bruce posters have joined together to bash Tony Xia.

It’s good to see unity amongst fan during these difficult times. 

Its not so much bashing him....but the situation is pretty dire and he is the Guv'nor.

We was told that a worry free plan was in place if we failed to go up and that all eventualities were covered....Thats what Wyness said.

Thats hardly the case.....and our best players being sold are the only way out.....hardly a worry free plan.

No one is sure what the state of play off the field is.

At least following the football, good, bad or indifferent, we know where we are......The financial side is not even close, its a bloody shambles.

The next round of complexities is.....who is at fault?, how many? what are they going to do about it? Is Wyness sacked or suspended? why?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not so much bashing him....but the situation is pretty dire and he is the Guv'nor.

We was told that a worry free plan was in place if we failed to go up and that all eventualities were covered....Thats what Wyness said.

Thats hardly the case.....and our best players being sold are the only way out.....hardly a worry free plan.

No one is sure what the state of play off the field is.

At least following the football, good, bad or indifferent, we know where we are......The financial side is not even close, its a bloody shambles.

The next round of complexities is.....who is at fault?, how many? what are they going to do about it? Is Wyness sacked or suspended? why?

It’s such a shambles im at the stage where I think about the worse case scenario and accept that I will probably read about it any day. With that in mind anything else almost feels like good news and cheers me up. 

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I doubt Xia is the man to sort it out as if you are stupid enough to get us into such a mess I doubt you are clever enough to get us out of it.

I would though advise you to renew your season ticket as the club and specifically the squad that turns out for us next season are likely to need all the help and support they can get.

You'll not be alone in doing so as the club said today over 1000 supporters have bought season tickets since they went back on sale last week taking the total to over 18k.

Thanks Mark

I just don't want to end up being a lemming.

I can't see the club just disappearing, but I don't really know what I am signing up for.....If I am going to see 23 games then fine.

I don't care if they play the kids, I will support them.

but when I am paying for something that I have no idea, what I am pre- paying for.....its never been in my psyche to do that.....despite my passion for the club.

I feel betrayed.

• Like 1

So Xia who according to one and all didn't want to sell last week has now found a buyer and a price has been negotiated subject to due diligence............

Seems totally plausible.

When Lerner sold up didn't we spend some time in limbo as players couldn't be bought and sold as they are assets of the company?

Â