Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

48 minutes ago, Jareth said:

When 90% of an article says villa are f*cked (in a plethora of ways sourced from a thesaurus) then a line at the very end says otherwise, I question the point of the article, other than to keep a press narrative going, days after anything last actually happened.  

If the article says Villa are **** in a plethora of ways, that means a lot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well me old mucker, I've become very cynical about most things in the press, I can rarely take an article as gospel. 

This thread has gone a bit weird. It's about Tony Xia, not whether the club is ****. The thread for that is "Going Under?".

BTW is anyone seriously going to try to use distrust of the press to suggest we are not ****? Suspended CEOs, unpaid bills, emergency board meetings, manager who doesn't know his fate yet...

You don't need to believe too much you read in the press to know we are in a lot of bother.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok hard to see through the fog of media reports. But part of me thinks we have a legit series of cash flow issues.

Then because the press smell blood they are digging for anything news worthy and literally scraping the barrel for anything that they can find to get them click bait/ad revenue. The sort of scrutiny that if most clubs were put under would uncover a lot of debts, deadlines and money owed to varying degrees.

The one thing not answered by anyone is if Tony has the money to keep us afloat moving forwards, it seems he has steadied the chaos short term but the press will keep producing 'oh god how will he pay the dry cleaning bills' because there is doubt there and that can be exploited.

There is a part of me thinks failure has made him consider whether or not he wants to keep bank rolling the club, I have a feeling he could still manage to -  but now knows the financial model (if there was one) is unsustainable.

I think all the talk of transfers and firesales is just press bullsh*t, of course we have to sell but the terms and timings are still in our hands for now, not because some journo says so.

Edited by VillanousOne

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It actually means too many, a mistake often made. 

i.e.

There can be a plethora of flies but not a plethora of really attractive women (or men, dependent on your preference) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It actually means too many, a mistake often made. 

i.e.

There can be a plethora of flies but not a plethora of really attractive women (or men, dependent on your preference) 

So having a discussion about whether there could be a plethora of really attractive women would be taking this waaaaay off topic.

Edited by briny_ear

20 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So having a discussion about whether there could be a plethora of really attractive women would be taking this waaaaay off topic.

This thread has already been taken of topic in a plethora of ways. 

• Haha 2

So what is on the agenda in tomorrow's meeting

1- Review last minutes of last meeting

2- Work out how to sack Wyness

3- Work out how Villa won't go into administration

4- Value every senior player for a possible sale

5- Check on recent season ticket sales- that won't take long

6- Any other business.

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

6- Any other business.

1a. Fire Bruce

1b. Call Dean Smith

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

At work we would be stopping trading on his accounts and resigning him as a client right now. Dooooddddggggyyy. 

Whereas the people who have full access to his financial position instead of just reading stuff in the papers seem to have been prepared to purportedly advance him 50 million quid.

Seems at odds. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

6- Any other business.

1 - Jet washing of the North Stand

2 - Balti pie shortages

3 - takes too long to get a pint a half time

4 - Gabby testimonial

5 - clappers: yes or no?

If there’s time:

6 - sort out the financial situation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Whereas the people who have full access to his financial position instead of just reading stuff in the papers seem to have been prepared to purportedly advance him 50 million quid.

Seems at odds. 

Not really. The loan company or bank may have charged a massive interest rate on the loan- even if they haven't a small % rate on £50m is a lot of cash.

My suspicion (and its no more than that) is Xia has no really money and purchased Aston Villa with a loan - he intended to repay some or all of this with the TV money when we got promoted - we now in the shite - because loan company wants repayments or the repayments are now incurring penalty rates of interest.

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not really. The loan company or bank may have charged a massive interest rate on the loan- even if they haven't a small % rate on £50m is a lot of cash.

My suspicion (and its no more than that) is Xia has no really money and purchased Aston Villa with a loan - he intended to repay some or all of this with the TV money when we got promoted - we now in the shite - because loan company wants repayments or the repayments are now incurring penalty rates of interest.

If that turns out to be true then it just goes to show what a complete joke both the football leagues fit and proper test and FFP are.

Lets let a owner buy a club using loans then once the club is in a complete mess let’s hit them with fines and points deductions to cripple them even more. 

Non of it makes sense to me.

I thought @Deisler123 said the £50 mill is a loan if required (if the club can't right itself, by itself) from a Chinese bank, that is guaranteed by the parent company to Tony's UK investment (Villa). So to use an odd student analogy from before, the student's rental fees in their flea pit rental house are ultimately the responsibility of the student's parents if the student defaults. Course it would be a lot easier if this could be officially confirmed but anyone who's followed @Deisler123 since he's been on here will know he is ITK. 

So all that's needed now is some iron fisted (oo-er) CEO to come in and shut down all uneccessary expenditure, perform some black magic on those terrible contracts and oversee a sensible sustainable plan for the next couple of years. Hopefully this all kicks off today/tomorrow after that big meeting with a statement of intent on the upcoming campaign from Bruce. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I thought @Deisler123 said the £50 mill is a loan if required (if the club can't right itself, by itself) from a Chinese bank, that is guaranteed by the parent company to Tony's UK investment (Villa). So to use an odd student analogy from before, the student's rental fees in their flea pit rental house are ultimately the responsibility of the student's parents if the student defaults. Course it would be a lot easier if this could be officially confirmed but anyone who's followed @Deisler123 since he's been on here will know he is ITK. 

So all that's needed now is some iron fisted (oo-er) CEO to come in and shut down all uneccessary expenditure, perform some black magic on those terrible contracts and oversee a sensible sustainable plan for the next couple of years. Hopefully this all kicks off today/tomorrow after that big meeting with a statement of intent on the upcoming campaign from Bruce. 

Yes he has - but I don't remember Deisler123 detailing the terms of the loan - I would doubt a Chinese bank is giving us the loan interest free. So the interest would be charged to recon who in turn charge avfc 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes he has - but I don't remember Deisler123 detailing the terms of the loan - I would doubt a Chinese bank is giving us the loan interest free. So the interest would be charged to recon who in turn charge avfc 

For sure, so it's an interest charging credit facility if required - I do remember @Deisler123 pointing out 'if it was required' - in other words its a solution to cash flow issues, while the bigger problems are addressed. Seems ok a solution to me if it's dipped into and topped back up now and then. Tony for once, has already stated the club needs to be sustainable and that major changes are coming - it all seems a rather sensible way forwards given what's happened. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

For sure, so it's an interest charging credit facility if required - I do remember @Deisler123 pointing out 'if it was required' - in other words its a solution to cash flow issues, while the bigger problems are addressed. Seems ok a solution to me if it's dipped into and topped back up now and then. Tony for once, has already stated the club needs to be sustainable and that major changes are coming - it all seems a rather sensible way forwards given what's happened. 

Dont you come on here talking that sense - we'd all rather panic thank you ?

Â