Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Lets get a tad of perspective - with those amount of debts the club isn't worth much. so sure there will be lots of interest.

I like the sound of the american geezer - but sadly I think it will be another eastern group.

Are you allowed to post what has been said over there? I don't believe it's Eastern interest, as in those that want a swift sale. 

*Edit just seen your other post. He 100% wants out. I would put hard cash on that. As I said up above, we may well (I hope) hear what I typed today. 

Edited by TheEgo

I quite liked TBAR back in the day - probably all the pent up frustration of Lerner's tenure, however, it was kinda crazy - great drama, no credibility - oh and Morgan Freeman for some reason.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh well, if true, a sale might be the best thing.

Just hope we do the right thing this time.

We don't need a multi billionaire, just some extremely smart football men.

We are still Aston Villa ffs. There is HUGE potential, being in the Championship and cheaper will be seen as a great opportunity for someone.

As long as they KEEP JACK, get a new long term manager and progressive structure in.

I'm good.

spot on, the Billionaire dream is overrated. Give me brains over billions anyday 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

How many girlfriends do you have?

Lol, I'm old fashioned Scott, but she actually is an old girlfriend from school, her Facebook picture is her with Jack at said hotel and he did say he's not leaving to her. Take that as ITK or the utter bollocks I take it for lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

Are you allowed to post what has been said over there? I don't believe it's Eastern interest, as in those that want a swift sale. 

Poster claims to have got info from high up in WBA - that Xia wants out.  (thats all) 

no the Eastern thing was my thoughts - if he wants a swift sale it will be some bloke from a Chinese junk shop - like that guy with the beard from the gremlins movie 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Poster claims to have got info from high up in WBA - that Xia wants out.  (thats all) 

no the Eastern thing was my thoughts - if he wants a swift sale it will be some bloke from a Chinese junk shop - like that guy with the beard from the gremlins movie 

In this case Hippo, we could only hope it was one of his Real Deal Billionaire Friend or enemies who would enjoy making him look like a fool and have a tonne load of cash to show how it's done?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Haha!!! I'll put it out there with a huge caveat that s**t changes. I believe we are in talks and DD is underway and that it's gone way past just wanting to sell. The company filing seems to suggest a debt to shares move. This part is PURE speculation, but it's plausible that their could be external investment as a preemptive takeover move, with the proviso they get a say on the board, be it officially or otherwise. 

I take huge offense in the fact that he says he did everything he could, like he's not to blame. His utmost responsibility is to run the club in a responsible way for the fans - that's why a football club exists in the first place. He has taken risks based on us managing promotion within two years, something we have not managed to do. This outcome was not unthinkable, in fact, it was always not in our favor when there's 23 other clubs with the same problem as us, all chasing those millions. Xia is a fraud, a novice when it comes to the business of football and he has ruined our club by throwing everything on one outcome. Millions of fans not knowing what's going to happen and if there's any Championship-football to be played next season. Shame on you, wherever the hell you are right now. I do not care one second if he's losing his own money, he shouldn't have spent it if he couldn't sustain it. "Money locked up in China?" Are you kidding me? Is that supposed to be our problem? Again, not sustainable - what a huge amateur.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In this case Hippo, we could only hope it was one of his Real Deal Billionaire Friend or enemies who would enjoy making him look like a fool and have a tonne load of cash to show how it's done?

WBA owners were advised by Samuelson and Banfill, who as we know would of been on Villa's board. I think that info is a tenuous link. I don't think it will be a Chinese owner as buying football clubs has been hugely discouraged in China at the moment @Deisler123will know more about this. 

I'd be intersted to know the poster who said the WBA stuff? 

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Haha!!! I'll put it out there with a huge caveat that s**t changes. I believe we are in talks and DD is underway and that it's gone way past just wanting to sell. The company filing seems to suggest a debt to shares move. This part is PURE speculation, but it's plausible that their could be external investment as a preemptive takeover move, with the proviso they get a say on the board, be it officially or otherwise. 

Long way to go mate - even if these reports are true.

3 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Yep DD if all goes ok can take a good few months, min of 3 I'd say. 

Thanks for the info Ego. In your opinion, would the utilisation of player sales as a sort of stop-gap until any sale is finalised be more or less likely to include Grealish. His value makes him a very significant asset to the Company and would impact on any takeover would it not? Thoughts? 

Â