Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, TRO said:

So as a fan who has still not renewed my season ticket....is it wise to do so in this current light?

Is Tony really the man to sort it out.....or is my money just going in to a black hole?

opinions gratefully received.

Could be our finest hour. Renew.

7 hours ago, Upper north stander said:

But who is thatcherlover and why are we suddenly hanging on his every word ? As far as I can tell his first Villa related tweet was 30th May 2018.

he does seem to have been right on a few things since then, but I’m not convinced that any takeover is imminent or logical.

6 hours ago, paul1984 said:

So a random twitter user..... ok lol

I think this guy has an ear on the inside from some of the things he has come out with. As with all of these ITK's, time will reveal all, but judging by his tweets and conversations with several other seemingly very knowledgeable types, I think he is worth a follow for sure.

1 hour ago, dukes said:

But who is thatcherlover and why are we suddenly hanging on his every word ? As far as I can tell his first Villa related tweet was 30th May 2018.

he does seem to have been right on a few things since then, but I’m not convinced that any takeover is imminent or logical.

I don't think he's a villa fan, which makes his post all the more intriguing to me. 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That thatcherlover on Twitter - has all the hall marks of being genuine ITK in my humble opinion. However, it is certainly not David Cameron, as he supports West Ham.

I can't access twitter at work can someone post what he said ?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I can't access twitter at work can someone post what he said ?

Ahhh there's too much short answers etc - but basically they have an ear in the meeting yesterday and for general going ons and appear to be a few hours ahead of the press on some facts. Useful if you like bettiing but you might as well wait 90 mins and see the same news reported in the general media.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Law of averages mean he will get something's right.

I will be amazed if Xia announces he is putting the club up for sale so let's see how connected Thatcherlover is.

Really ?

He came here with the idea of a quick return to PL funded by parachute payments. It hasn't happened and the  cash is running out - He might not come out and announce it - but at the very least he is open to offers. IMO 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Can't imagine anyone will want to buy the club once they do DD. They will find a club with massive cash flow issues, spiralling wage bill and mortgaged up to its neck. 

Those are just the hall marks of relegated clubs and left over contracts. The wage bill isn’t spiralling though It’s higher than where we want it or need it but we have assets to cover it. If we sold Jack and Chester we would easily have enough money to cover any cash flow issues. I’d say we could even get away with selling most fringe players to be able to hold on to them for another year. 

Â