Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

Not to go too far off topic, but the parallels of Sunderland and us the last few seasons is staggering. Thing is, it seems they're doing it all in one season:

Scottish manager - tick

Heavy reliance on one striker - tick

No transfer money - tick

Signing Joleon Lescott - tick

Bottom of the table - tick

Now to bring it back on topic, my housemate is a Sunderland fan and when I'm showing him the tweets the Dr is putting out, you can see that look on his face we all had last season when we were just waiting to be bought by someone. It gave me a few chills thinking about how it was this time last season. So for it to go from that to this in one season for us... it's unbelievably refreshing to have someone in charge who gives enough of a sh*t to play the transfer numbers and symbols game with us.

And the football is more entertaining. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

Not to go too far off topic, but the parallels of Sunderland and us the last few seasons is staggering. Thing is, it seems they're doing it all in one season:

Scottish manager - tick

Heavy reliance on one striker - tick

No transfer money - tick

Signing Joleon Lescott - tick

Bottom of the table - tick

Now to bring it back on topic, my housemate is a Sunderland fan and when I'm showing him the tweets the Dr is putting out, you can see that look on his face we all had last season when we were just waiting to be bought by someone. It gave me a few chills thinking about how it was this time last season. So for it to go from that to this in one season for us... it's unbelievably refreshing to have someone in charge who gives enough of a sh*t to play the transfer numbers and symbols game with us.

Don't forget similar US owner, MON, nearly signing Nzogbia, Bent - we are their ghost of Christmas future and you would have thought they could have seen this coming....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

How can anyone not love him, he's amazing.

I think the stress, pressure and emotion of the Lerner ownership left me deflated and down. When Xia came in it took me a while to really get on board and I was possible a little negative.

But I'm on board now and have been for a while. :) 

• Like 1

Â