Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not really. One is a legitimate possibility. The questions you pose are not. 

I really don't think signing three players tomorrow is anymore a possibility than the others. Sure it could happen like any of them. But it's very unlikely, like any of them. 

I admire your positivity towards the transfer window and our squad of players and wish I felt the same.

37 minutes ago, Richard said:

Yes I wanted Lerner out . I started criticising him about 6 years ago as I thought he was wrong for the club . How did that work out ?  In terms of giving xia a chance I will criticise him when what he says proves not to be true or what he says puts us in the news for the wrong reasons , he is not exempt from that purely because he is not randy Lerner 

You were right about Lerner but before you brag too much about your predictions let's not forget the Lambert love. We haven't played a competitive game under him yet and you're already looking for reasons to criticise the man. It's ridiculous how negative you are choosing to be. I can only assume it's because that's how you prefer to be. There really is no other reason, the man has owned the club for 6 weeks. 

23 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I really don't think signing three players tomorrow is anymore a possibility than the others. Sure it could happen like any of them. But it's very unlikely, like any of them. 

I admire your positivity towards the transfer window and our squad of players and wish I felt the same.

I wouldn't say I'm 'positive'. I've stated many, many times that I think the amount of work needed to gain automatic promotion next season was monumental and probably way beyond any manager/owner. I think our squad is shit. 

Yes it's taking them longer to remove/bring players in than even I had hoped for, and I mean hoped for rather than expected, however I bear them no ill will because of it. They inherited an absolute shambles and a very difficult job. I'm behind them all the way in trying to turn it around, at least I'm giving them longer than 7 weeks. It will more likely take a couple of years. 

I'm not letting any leftover anger I may hold towards Lerner for putting us into this mess spill over into the here and now. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Tony has put a huge amount of pressure on himself with the ambitious claims he made when he first came to the club, as well as being so positively active on social media. In doing so, its only natural for people to start questioning you unless you start to deliver pretty quickly. He is either supremely confident that he can walk the walk, or he is winging it, there is probably no middle ground with his fella. And if come the end of the window we don't have a squad strong enough for a promotion push i suspect many will conclude (rightly or wrongly) that he is a fraud. 

Edited by av1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You were right about Lerner but before you brag too much about your predictions let's not forget the Lambert love. We haven't played a competitive game under him yet and you're already looking for reasons to criticise the man. It's ridiculous how negative you are choosing to be. I can only assume it's because that's how you prefer to be. There really is no other reason, the man has owned the club for 6 weeks. 

Not looking for any reasons , don't have to to be honest they are presenting themselves 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tony's clearly a very positive thinking guy, no wonder a load of villa fans don't like him, they've nothing in common!

Another way to look at that would be to think of him as a blow hard bluffer... time will tell, but there are owners of Leeds/Hull/Cardiff who've all spouted similar uber positive things. For that matter, so have the Leicester owners and it worked out for them (a little luckily, but it's what you make of it that matters). Xia has a practically negligible publicly available track record regarding anything, so some voices exclaiming caution are absolutely necessary.

Edited by villakram

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not looking for any reasons , don't have to to be honest they are presenting themselves 

After 6 weeks? All these reasons to be negative and criticise are presenting themselves? Haha brilliant. Is it just him or were you not prepared to give anyone a chance? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He worries me already. I mean we won't be the top team in the Championship by far. Wolves are bidding £25 million for a player, we are haggling over 500k. Hmmm?

You are aware we have spent more money than most teams in the league? 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I am already beginning to suspect that Uncle Tony is full of shit. Haggling with Celtic for 500k, not paying Sanchez a little sweetener to **** off.

Season kicks off in a few weeks and we are still dicking about. Cut our losses, **** them off and build a new team that isn't full of losers.

I Hope he's not a Wetherspoons version of the new Wolves owner! 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Tony has put a huge amount of pressure on himself with the ambitious claims he made when he first came to the club, as well as being so positively active on social media. In doing so, its only natural for people to start questioning you unless you start to deliver pretty quickly. He is either supremely confident that he can walk the walk, or he is winging it, there is probably no middle ground with his fella. And if come the end of the window we don't have a squad strong enough for a promotion push i suspect many will conclude (rightly or wrongly) that he is a fraud. 

I never did see us fast tracking our way out of this.....It would take an owner with a very huge personal wealth to do it and a plan to pay over the odds in fee's and wages.

That has never been on the cards

Imo We have an owner with liquids funds to sensibly rebuild the team.....that will take time and a few windows to build.....it will also take a management team that makes more good buys than bad.....and that in-itself will be a first in many years.

I also have a hunch we may be on the cusp of finding a few gems from our own back yard.

Edited by TRO

Â