Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

46 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Whilst I'm sure the team are focusing on one game at a time, I would prefer the board's version of planning to not resemble this

gromit.gif

Yes

The problem in the past has been we accepted dross results now - because we have a plan a future.

Have a plan by all means - but the here and now is of paramount importance.....

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes

The problem in the past has been we accepted dross results now - because we have a plan a future.

Have a plan by all means - but the here and now is of paramount importance.....

I think the immediate plan, from the board, is promotion, I believe they've set a 2 year target. Hence RDM's contract length. I reckon anything less top 6 @ the finish of this season and he'll be gone (or very close to). The focus has, of course, shifted. Whereas in previous seasons in the Prem it was about survival and picking up points where possible, the race to 38 points. Now we need to win quite a few games, so the priority and mentality has to be different, obviously it has massively helped that we're under new ownership, so the impetus is fresh.

I think most would take a point from Derby at this stage of the season but I reckon we need to push for a victory. Please don't misunderstand, I'll think it'll be a tough game, but that has to be the new mentality. As the season draws toward the end I think it becomes more about game management and playing tactically for a certain result or to avoid a certain result rather. But for now, we must go to win without doubt. I think the performances have been positive so far (with the 1st 11) this season and the restructuring of the playing and football management staff has been very positive, this coupled with the noises about the corporate and infrastructural changes I am cautiously optimistic.   

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I would prefer the board's version of planning to not resemble this

gromit.gif

Was going to make a joke about this working for Randy... But he would have been using Mega blocks instead of train track

56 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

In the meantime Dr Tony will construct a pair of bionic knees for Joleon in his secret lair.... 

He could only make them last a day, otherwise he'd fit them onto everyone...

Â