Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

He didn't and if you read Gold's reply to that tweet you can see why. Not trying to be off topic, just pointing out that other chairmen say controversial things on twitter, and whilst it might be wrong, it doesn't really affect the running of the club.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DK82 said:

He's not doing himself any favours at all with the way he is behaving. I learned a lesson in 2010. I was 100% behind Lerner, felt he was perfect. But we all know what happened with him. Xia needs to stop shouting his mouth off - which is frankly embarrassing, because if and when things do go wrong he's going to get it from all angles. It's almost as if we have gone from the arrogant silence of one man, to the mumbled tantrums and ramblings of another. Why on earth can we not just have somebody who is on middle ground? 

Absolutely nothing has been proven either way, as for saying are we in a better position than we were 6 weeks ago. Well it's impossible to tell, either way. But for a man who promised world domination in 5 years, he had better be working on something pretty incredible.

I'm just not jumping on the Xia is wonderful bandwagon, oh and I hope he stops being such a fool on twitter. If this was a West Ham or Newcastle chairman, we'd be taking the piss.

It's impossible to tell if we are in a better position. What? Cast your mind back it's only a short while ago. 

And he had better be working on something incredible eh? Good job you haven't made your mind up already. 

I don't think that there is any doubt that the club is in a better position than 6 weeks ago. We were in limbo not a clue what was going to happen. Xia in fairness, has come in and steadied the badly listing ship, made some good appointments and the club is starting to make some good moves on and off the field. I like what is happening in terms of marketing, club structures and player acquisitions, particularly the type of characters that we are recruiting in to the playing staff. 

Yes he has made some rash comments on twitter but nothing criminal. I'm optimistic for the future and am looking forward to what may happen. If it all goes tits up then so be it. It's football. Life will go on. 

Onwards and upwards (hopefully).

How about asking the Mods to create a Poll? Something like:-

a. I welcomed Dr Tony Xia, at the beginning

b. I did NOT welcome Dr Tony Xia, at the beginning

c. Since reading the blogs on this Forum, I have kept my original thoughts

d. Since reading the blogs on this Forum, I have reversed my original thoughts

e. I don’t care, as long as the performance and results improve dramatically

f.  want Randy Lerner to make an offer for the Club

g. What’s the purpose of this Poll? – I want the views and banter to continue

My first answer would have been:-

a and c.  Then it became an e. After further consideration it was a definite g.  

However, I am still thinking about f  :huh: :wacko:

Then again, what’s the purpose of this Post? – apart from me trying to look clever………….and failing :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaBrum said:

How about asking the Mods to create a Poll?

Or how about you create it yourself? I think you need to think about the structure a little more though, you'll need multiple questions in the poll.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, limpid said:

Or how about you create it yourself? I think you need to think about the structure a little more though, you'll need multiple questions in the poll.

Limpid,

If you are serious about this, I'd love to give it a try :) However, as I am new to this type of thing, I will need some advice and guidance. Possibly pm me? However, if your response was tongue in cheek, I take that as a compliment (I think!) :D 

4 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

If you are serious about this, I'd love to give it a try :) However, as I am new to this type of thing, I will need some advice and guidance. Possibly pm me? However, if your response was tongue in cheek, I take that as a compliment (I think!) :D 

Serious about what? Anyone can start a thread. Click "Start new thread". If you want it to be a poll, click the "poll" tab and add the questions you want.

You don't need mods to do this for you.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Serious about what? Anyone can start a thread. Click "Start new thread". If you want it to be a poll, click the "poll" tab and add the questions you want.

You don't need mods to do this for you.

Wrong expression "Serious about this".  Probably should have started my post with "I'd love to give it a try". My original post was more of a jocular suggestion but watch out for a new thread soon (hopefully)! :)

• Like 1

Had Dr X not bought the club, RL would have gone full pelt for cost cutting and selling assets.

He'd have Eric Black or someone like Ian Holloway as manager and would have instructed them to "give the kids a go".

We would definately have gone down to L1 and VP would be poison & three-quarter empty.

So Dr X has done wonders so far. But probably the same as any new owner would have done.

How it'll pan out in the long term, well we'll just have to wait and see.

So far all his appointments and our signings have their merits, but predicting how far they will take us is still a guessing game.

Were we to start the season with the Shiesters still in the 1st 11 then I think disaster is just around the corner.

However, the more that leave countered by the more that come in, the more chance we have of getting the losers mentality out of the squad.

Those who have gone or are on the way out, may not all be in the "must goes" group, and some we may not be able to move out anytime soon.

But one thing is for sure, the further we are away from last seasons squad, the better and the easier RDM makes it for himself to turn this around.

How far things are turned around will be how Dr X & RDM will be judged. 7 weeks is not long enough to say yay or nay.

Come Xmas and the trend has been set of how we play, results achieved and position in the table, is the 1st snap shot we can take of how things are.

So IMHO, Dr X & RDM still have a lot to do and it's not an easy task.

I think Pearson was the "Clearing..." We needed to sort out the "clearings in the Amazon". But we have RDM now so I hope it all goes well and we can dominate the world in 10 years time like Dr X said.

• Like 1

@Grasshopper I agree with the sentiment re Lerner, completely. I agree with the vast majority of your post. 

The one thing I'm not sure of is whether Xia has done "probably the same as any other owner". It's still VERY early days, but he has to now delivered, the occasional ill advised Twitter comment aside. They don't always deliver...

His actions are speaking louder than his words IMO and if RDM is spot on about being close to another 3 signings then he's about to deliver even more than I had hoped, to be honest. 

In the past the manager used to get stick for leaving it late with signings. Lerner certainly didn't come under such scrutiny when we signed 1 player in O'Neills first summer. It seems to be Xia bearing the brunt this time, maybe we're all a little shellshocked following previously broken promises. I get that. I'm just more inclined than some to go with the flow, the past is the past. 

Maybe I got a lot of that anger out of my system with the protest group. Regardless I'm fully behind our Chinese overlord until proven otherwise. Bring it on. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:
The Docs reply to the tweet below :

Looks like Bacuna is staying then. I am ready to give him another chance if the Doc is. 

The Doc wants to keep to him for our 2018/19 Champions League campaign.

Â