Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Got anything positive to say about the owner then?

Suggest you check out a post I made about fifty pages ago! But regardless of that what does it matter if I do or don't? It does not constitute a campaign , very much like the posts criticising me don't constitute a campaign 

Edited by Richard
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'm not running a negative campaign FFS. I am expressing my opinions.

Which are negative and expressed in a negative way. 

What are you still worried or concerned  about?

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

Suggest you check out a post I made about fifty pages ago! But regardless of that what does it matter if I do or don't? It does not constitute a campaign , very much like the posts criticising me don't constitute a campaign 

Ok, I outlined why Tony is a good owner, on 3 different points, please outline your opinion on why you think he is a bad owner, on 3 different points. 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ok, I outlined why Tony is a good owner, on 3 different points, please outline your opinion on why you think he is a bad owner, on 3 different points. 

I'm not answering for Richard so please if I'm wrong forgive me - but isn't it the idea that one month into his ownership it's too early to say either way? Like if I was to go into the RDM thread and demand he was sacked I'd be laughed out of it because I haven't given him the time? Ultimately an owner, like a manager, players will be judged on the results the team gets and it's standing in the league (and which league they are in).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Richard said:

It does not constitute a campaign, very much like the posts criticising me don't constitute a campaign 

You haven't seen my 'cheer up Richard' campaign on Twitter then? :detect:

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Dave come on,  despite popular opinion on here I am not thick.

Can't recall seeing anyone calling you thick.  People may not agree with you, but I can't think anyone has levelled that at you let alone it being "popular opinion".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Can't recall seeing anyone calling you thick.  People may not agree with you, but I can't think anyone has levelled that at you let alone it being "popular opinion".

That's certainly the impression that comes across .

33 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I'm not answering for Richard so please if I'm wrong forgive me - but isn't it the idea that one month into his ownership it's too early to say either way? Like if I was to go into the RDM thread and demand he was sacked I'd be laughed out of it because I haven't given him the time? Ultimately an owner, like a manager, players will be judged on the results the team gets and it's standing in the league (and which league they are in).

I have to ask myself why I take exception at Richard's comments, and the reason I do is because I base my own opinion on the facts on the ground. Up until yesterday I could accept there was a reasonable case to doubt Tony going on his transfer business, lots of words but no action. Then on the day we make possibly the most important signing of the last 5 years, the day that Tony does back-up his words with actions - it has no impact on Richard whatsoever - he maintains a sceptical stance. That is why I feel compelled to counter every negative post he makes, because if they are not based on the facts, then what are they based on? Maybe Richard can answer that one himself. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I have to ask myself why I take exception at Richard's comments, and the reason I do is because I base my own opinion on the facts on the ground. Up until yesterday I could accept there was a reasonable case to doubt Tony going on his transfer business, lots of words but no action. Then on the day we make possibly the most important signing of the last 5 years, the day that Tony does back-up his words with actions - it has no impact on Richard whatsoever - he maintains a sceptical stance. That is why I feel compelled to counter every negative post he makes, because if they are not based on the facts, then what are they based on? Maybe Richard can answer that one himself. 

The thing is - we all base our opinions on what we see the facts on the ground are. The people who think 9/11 was caused by the American government believe what they think because of what they see as facts - the rest of us see it as total bunkum and that they are fruit loops. 

I am skeptical of Xia. I'm not sure on the people around him, I'm not sure on the managerial appointment. I'm not sure whether he is the right type of owner. Let's see what it brings. I think that's where he is coming from. Rather than saying 'HE IS A FRAUD' isn't it more 'HE ISN'T BRILLIANT' as we simply haven't the time or games to see how AVFC have moved on. He might be brilliant, and that isn't being ruled out. If it was then yes, I'd agree that was negative.

It's also a little contradictive to complain about negativity, then hound him for answers, knowing his view point already riles you so much. You are only winding yourself up there.

Anyway, Richard is big enough and ugly enough (incoming warning for abuse, no doubt) to stand up for himself. Just this place is a bit easier to read and much more fun to participate in when we don't have people hounding the same usual people for the same usual reasons, and it'd be nice to go into a new season trying to at least respect each other, even if you think their opinion is a load of dog turd.

I'll go back to being a miserable, moaning git now. 

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

The thing is - we all base our opinions on what we see the facts on the ground are. The people who think 9/11 was caused by the American government believe what they think because of what they see as facts - the rest of us see it as total bunkum and that they are fruit loops. 

I am skeptical of Xia. I'm not sure on the people around him, I'm not sure on the managerial appointment. I'm not sure whether he is the right type of owner. Let's see what it brings. I think that's where he is coming from. Rather than saying 'HE IS A FRAUD' isn't it more 'HE ISN'T BRILLIANT' as we simply haven't the time or games to see how AVFC have moved on.

It's also a little contradictive to complain about negativity, then hound him for answers, knowing his view point already riles you so much. You are only winding yourself up there.

Anyway, Richard is big enough and ugly enough (incoming warning for abuse, no doubt) to stand up for himself. Just this place is a bit easier to read and much more fun to participate in when we don't have people hounding the same usual people for the same usual reasons, and it'd be nice to go into a new season trying to at least respect each other, even if you think their opinion is a load of dog turd.

I'll go back to being a miserable, moaning git now. 

The American government would never do anything corrupt. How absurd.

Next people would be suggesting Donald Trump for president !

6 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

If I may say something -

From the day of take over, Xia didn't do too many wrong things. Posting controversial messages on twitter is one, in my opinion. He retracted those messages, number 2. Late appointment of TD, number 3 (which may not be neccessarily his fault tbh). 

Similarly, Xia didn't do too many things that are applaudible either. Communicating with fans on twitter is one (although some fans believe talking too much is no good, which I agree). Spending good money in transfer market is number 2. Showing enthusiasm and the effort in uniting fans are number 3.

It is way too early to make any judgement on the new owner, before the ball is even kicked. I saw some posts on twitter (on VT as well) talking about 5+7=12 (good maths though) so they assumed Xia has no money - Bullshit. Equally, someone already called Xia a good owner - too early.

I personally will wait till Mid September to make my own judgement - first 7-10 games; transfer market; loan market, and most importantly, how he deals with difficulty if the team does not perform well.

What I fear most, is the impatience, possibly because of a few miserable seasons in the past, or because people simply don't like the owner, or any other reasons I dont know. What happens if Villa lose 2 of the first three matches? What happens by Xmas Villa is not in top 5? I don't think fans will necessarily have to 'boo' at VP if Villa lose a few games before October, so let's stay /cautiously/ optimistic now before proven otherwise.

If Villa is in the bottom half by Xmas time, I will join you guys to boo at VP (but I guess I'd better disappear by then....), but before that, UTV.

Just buy us Messi then Big T. Come on, you can do it. :D

Â