Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is a great post mate and put things into perspective.

I can sense myself getting impatient at times but this post as given me a nice big slap round the chops so thanks :)

It is easy to forget Xia has been here for a very short amount of time and inherited a shambles. Same goes for Di Matteo. It is going to take a good while to right the many wrongs but progress is being made. We are going to have to show patience though as there will be no quick fix but if Xia is true to his words we will get there.

I too thought we'd see a flurry of activity right from the get go, but I realised that that was my own arbitrary expectations, and not the failings of the club.

I think the general lack of movement in the transfer market from all the clubs around us is hampering our activity and, yes, it would have been nice to have had the squad in place before the big KO, but we're all in the same boat.

We'll probably see more ins and outs at Derby, Wolves, Forrest, Brighton and even Newcastle in a similar fashion to us.

3 in so far with the "promise" of a striker and someone to load the bullets (or something), plus players leaving to be completed in a time frame almost as long as Tony's been at the club. I'm sure he'll get things done.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Stop muffin around with my posts. I won't be giving you any brownie points.

That's just the icing on the cake, i'm baking with anger.

5 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Ok, who's been handing out the happy pills ? 

Good old Tony.

At least they're better than the depressants Lerner gave us...

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

In 6 weeks Randolph would have only just decided what flavor milk he wanted in his office.

Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana or Vanilla? Those are tough choices!

Vanilla, obviously.

Also, i'm not sure about drinking offices, they're a bit big and solid!

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

In 6 weeks Randolph would have only just decided what flavor milk he wanted in his orifice.

Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana or Vanilla? Those are tough choices!

*corrected

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Some of you need to find a hobby or something :lol: 

Relax and enjoy the summer, which is a time when Villa cannot possibly lose :D 

I tried to find a hobby, but even Football Manager gets a bit boring after 2k hours of gametime...

And you're forgetting friendlies ;)

11 minutes ago, meme said:

I tried to find a hobby, but even Football Manager gets a bit boring after 2k hours of gametime...

And you're forgetting friendlies ;)

CRUMBS! That's a lot of gametime. Across how many saves?

Just now, Jimbop said:

CRUMBS! That's a lot of gametime. Across how many saves?

Many.

Most of them don't advance past the first season.

It's a troubling issue.

18 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I think it's worth reminding some that Dr. X has been here for about 6 weeks (14th Jun IIRC). The transfer window has almost as long again to go before it closes.

However, in that time, he has installed an experienced CEO in Wyness, assembled his board, hired a CL winning manager and back-room team, set-up an academy in India, laid out his plans and continues to converse via Twitter and Weibo whilst having spent the second highest amount in our league with the promise of more to come. In 6 weeks!

This, to me, is light years away from the last guy, yet some still aren't happy. If we can see we're in need to strengthening still, then I'm sure RDM can see it too and the Dr. has said he'll back him. 

So far, he's been good to his word.

yes, when you put it like that its pretty amazing isn't it.   

Though i still have this niggling worry, but no logical reason why. I think the Lerner years damaged me.

• Like 1

By rivals being relegated I can only assume he means Norwich or Newcastle as they were relegated? So maybe something to do with Norwich and Ross Mcormack? That's a huge leap of assumption i'm making there.... 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â