Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Apparently dude in blue is Samuelson as per twitter, The doc is in background in a villa shirt, pic was doing the rounds on twitter

IMG_20160520_230421.jpg

Bloody love Dr Tony for wearing the shirt. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

You may have already seen this. It's a photo take at the Newcastle game. Taken of a corporate box with Dr x, Wyness and Samuelson. The first 2 seem to look like the aforementioned, but I'm not sure about Chris Samuelson. What do you think? 

Ci1nuWOWgAAkCsT.jpg

Best boyband album cover ever.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, supermon said:

Apparently dude in blue is Samuelson as per twitter, The doc is in background in a villa shirt, pic was doing the rounds on twitter

IMG_20160520_230421.jpg

Hadn't seen that to be fair.

Although it's pretty grainy and hard to tell who that is, not convinced it's Samuelson as photos I've seen of him his head looks more square than that, but it could be him, so I'd still rather wait until it's confirmed that he's involved.

28 minutes ago, Godders said:

So @Avfc96 and @Dr_Pangloss, what is Samuelson trying to do here exactly?

That's exactly what im trying to work out.

His main business seems to be working for a Swiss based finance company.

However, he has had two ventures into football.

First was with Everton in 2004, when he had planned to purchase a 29.9% stake from Bill Kenwright and was even introduced to fans an ATM only to pull out of the deal at the last available moment.

Second was with Reading in 2012, when he introduced Anton Zigeravech to Reading who then brought 51% off the club from John Madejski.

In 2014, Reading borrowed against future parachute payments from a company called Vibrac Corporations. Vibrac Corporation reportedly then attempted to force chairman John Madejski to sell to a consortium called Phoenix, which included Samuelson.

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrac_Corporation

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/financier-behind-ill-fated-everton-fc-3356079

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-samuelson-former-reading-fc-11355076

Edited by Avfc96

7 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

You may have already seen this. It's a photo take at the Newcastle game. Taken of a corporate box with Dr x, Wyness and Samuelson. The first 2 seem to look like the aforementioned, but I'm not sure about Chris Samuelson. What do you think? 

Ci1nuWOWgAAkCsT.jpg

Clearly not Samuelson from what i heard he wears tanned chino's and not beige

• Like 1

I was just about to post that picture. Jamieson Hodgson posted that picture and another one on Twitter, though the other picture is just them all (plus Hollis) inside the room behind them.

It does look a bit like Samuelson to me.

10 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Ci1nuWOWgAAkCsT.jpg

Is that Samuelson, bottom right, dressed all in claret and lurking like a shadow?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If he isn't a fit and/or proper person then I imagine he would fail the fit and proper persons test, however if he is fit and proper then I imagine he'll pass it. That's the point of these tests isn't it? To weed out the wrong'uns? 

Have you seen the amount of mentalists that have taken over English league clubs the past decade?  

*Not that I am saying that is the case here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I was just about to post that picture. Jamieson Hodgson posted that picture and another one on Twitter, though the other picture is just them all (plus Hollis) inside the room behind them.

It does look a bit like Samuelson to me.

If you google image Samuelson you'll see it is most likely him, old, huge slaphead. The papers saying it too nails it - he is involved. Y'all make your own assumptions to what his purpose is, I just can't see what wrongdoing could be going on having scrutinised everything Samuelson has been accused of in the past.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Have you seen the amount of mentalists that have taken over English league clubs the past decade?  

*Not that I am saying that is the case here.

That is true. But mental-ness aside, I thought people seemed to be worried about his finances/backing/motives, isn't that the sort of thing the test would catch out? 

Edited by alreadyexists

18 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

That's exactly what im trying to work out.

His main business seems to be working for a Swiss based finance company.

However, he has had two ventures into football.

First was with Everton in 2004, when he had planned to purchase a 29.9% stake from Bill Kenwright and was even introduced to fans an ATM only to pull out of the deal at the last available moment.

Second was with Reading in 2012, when he introduced Anton Zigeravech to Reading who then brought 51% off the club from John Madejski.

In 2014, Reading borrowed against future parachute payments from a company called Vibrac Corporations. Vibrac Corporation reportedly then attempted to force chairman John Madejski to sell to a consortium called Phoenix, which included Samuelson.

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrac_Corporation

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/financier-behind-ill-fated-everton-fc-3356079

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-samuelson-former-reading-fc-11355076

So I've googled this, and I see nothing wrong, so please tell me what I'm missing...

Samuelson and the Russian chap join the Reading board bringing money with them (much needed to fund the Jan 2014 window from what I can see). They leave, shortly before (?) Vibrac gives a cash advance against a future parachute payment. Reading can't afford to repay the Vibrac loan. Madjeski effectively hands control of the club to Vibrac. Samuelson approaches Vibrac with Pheonix to buy the club but doesn't. Football league investigates Vibrac due to becoming de facto owner of Reading without going through fit and proper persons test.

Nothing there sets my alarm bells ringing. To me, it looks like Reading were in trouble before Samuelson came along, took a loan and couldn't repay. Samuelson chanced his arm at owning the club on the cheap. Doesn't make him a criminal. 

Anyway, probably wrong topic to discuss on the Dr Xia thread, so apologies mods.

All Reading fans are warning us about the Samuelson guy, seems they suffered at the hands of this dude, I think he left them in financial ruin. I'd take their word over the article as they probably have had to endure this every day much like how we endured Lerner, MON, Tim Sherwood during their darker times at Villa

Edited by supermon

https://next.ft.com/content/9969d8b0-1e63-11e6-b286-cddde55ca122

Aston Villa’s Chinese buyer does not ‘control 5 companies’

Tony Xia’s firm also disputes claim it helped to build Beijing’s Bird’s Nest stadium

Can't help but think no real due diligence has been done here, it's just Lerner chucking the keys at whoever will give him some money. I truly hope I'm wrong, but the fact Hollis has literally said things that aren't true (through his own fault or otherwise) already doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney_avfc said:

Ci1nuWOWgAAkCsT.jpg

I think the guy in the suit holding the phone is  Deisler :ph34r:

Â