Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

He's supposedly some big shot in China who I (or Forbes) can find no trace of. Yet every other wealthy Chinese buisiness man is there for the world to see. Couple that with the OS back tracking on his credentials when the media picked out the holes and you have to raise these questions..

If he's worth less than 800 mill are you not a little concerned as to where the money is coming from? Or indeed who's pocketing any profits? What's the motive?

I get what you're saying but I don't think we're privy to the grand plan just yet. I may not trust Randy with much, nor Steve Hollis when it comes to football, but I do trust Hollis to do his homework on the buyer. His professional reputation is enough in itself to ensure a proper job is done here.

Dr. X hasn't claimed to be anything yet, and I wouldn't trust the OS to get anything right. These are the same people that couldn't spell Garde's first name when he joined the club. Their press release seemed to stem from information that was on Google. I can't imagine much of it came from Tony or even Hollis. Just a PR guy putting out a statement.

Whilst you're right, we don't know exactly who is behind the scenes, I've said before I very much doubt this is the Doc's own personal wealth that's bought the club. But I'm not going to shit myself because the club hasn't run everything by StanBalaban. I'm going to wait to see what happens and hope that good things are around the corner.

• Like 1

A healthy skepticism is a good thing, especially for Villa fans after Ellis and Lerner. But we'd also be fools to not at least try to stay positive about the new guy and his intentions. We wanted Randy to sell to a wealthier and more engaged owner. Check and check. Let's enjoy the summer and the exciting developments, it's all out of our hands now anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You trust Hollis' good intentions too much, I think. He'll know that Xia can cough up the sale price, that's what Randy is paying him for. Anything else is up in the air.

It's nothing to do with his intentions. It's his CV I trust. He's never needed the Villa gig from a financial standpoint, but I doubt he's going to put his impressive professional reputation on the line just to ensure Randy finds any old buyer. The guy isn't retiring, he'll still need to be trusted in his field after he leave Aston Villa.

People that make a career in auditing tend to pay great attention to detail. Let alone those that rise to the top of a company like KMPG.

Their cocks are on the block if they don't. Dr. X has said they've been in talks for a long time, so one can assume that Mervyn King was aware of the buyers, of whom he spoke in a positive light. Nothing to do with 'good intentions', more to do with these men being experts in this particular area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

A healthy skepticism is a good thing, especially for Villa fans after Ellis and Lerner. But we'd also be fools to not at least try to stay positive about the new guy and his intentions. We wanted Randy to sell to a wealthier and more engaged owner. Check and check. Let's enjoy the summer and the exciting developments, it's all out of our hands now anyway. 

I'm with you here. Of course the shit could hit the fan, but I'm not going to get annoyed because we're out of the loop after two days.

I'm hoping for an exciting chapter into the unknown for Aston Villa.

Again, who on earth truly gives a **** who pockets the profits or the motive? 

Just give us a footy team worth watching and do what the hell you like with the profits.

Some people seem to live in this fairytale dream that there are people out there who are willing to invest bucket loads of cash into football teams and truly have the fans at heart. Wake up. It's simply not like that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

The Chinese government are secretly investing in Aston Villa to raise their profile?

jlaw-whtvr.gif

I don't think that's what is being suggested. Reading on Deislers thread, it seems the Chinese President loves football, and if they were involved buying into us and we became succesful would raise the profile of Football in China. This would have enormous benefits there and globally. It reminds me of Etihad which is a vehicle for some middle east royals. They are not as big as BA, and they couldn't afford to buy Man City. But the point is it raises the profile. I hadn't heard of Etihad or gulf air 20 years ago, I couldn't think of a middle east team that were any good, but now they get a world cup. And that will be masive for the middle east. 

Now imagine if China get a world cup. Not saying that they will do it on the back of the Villa, just a step on the way

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Just give us a footy team worth watching and do what the hell you like with the profits.

Some people seem to live in this fairytale dream that there are people out there who are willing to invest bucket loads of cash into football teams and truly have the fans at heart. Wake up. It's simply not like that. 

well, that statement has truly beaten me.

giphy.gif

Edited by Ryan.

14 minutes ago, colhint said:

I don't think that's what is being suggested. Reading on Deislers thread, it seems the Chinese President loves football, and if they were involved buying into us and we became succesful would raise the profile of Football in China. This would have enormous benefits there and globally. It reminds me of Etihad which is a vehicle for some middle east royals. They are not as big as BA, and they couldn't afford to buy Man City. But the point is it raises the profile. I hadn't heard of Etihad or gulf air 20 years ago, I couldn't think of a middle east team that were any good, but now they get a world cup. And that will be masive for the middle east. 

Now imagine if China get a world cup. Not saying that they will do it on the back of the Villa, just a step on the way

just being facetious....i get the purchase fits into, complements, a broader football agenda in China.....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

*reads last rites to mortally wounded straw man*

38 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I kind of get where you are coming from.  As fans what do we care about?   To me it is stability, adequate funds in the transfer markets, steady improvement in our performances and league position.  As long as we are doing reasonably well in terms of football performances, and the club is governed properly and is in good financial health, I am happy.  If our new owner oversees that, while boosting revenue in China and making a tidy profit, fair play to him, he has put his money in and deserves a reasonable return on his investment.  That does not mean he bleeds the club, rather, he generates more revenue (value) for the club while taking a share - I have no problem with that. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Footy team? You wanna switch codes to Aussie Rules?

6 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I kind of get where you are coming from.  As fans what do we care about?   To me it is stability

...which has absolutely everything to with motive and where profits are going.

At this moment I'm more concerned about where we will be in five years rather than a swan song in the next couple.

24 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I kind of get where you are coming from.  As fans what do we care about?   To me it is stability, adequate funds in the transfer markets, steady improvement in our performances and league position.  As long as we are doing reasonably well in terms of football performances, and the club is governed properly and is in good financial health, I am happy.  If our new owner oversees that, while boosting revenue in China and making a tidy profit, fair play to him, he has put his money in and deserves a reasonable return on his investment.  That does not mean he bleeds the club, rather, he generates more revenue (value) for the club while taking a share - I have no problem with that. 

Exactly.

14 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

...which has absolutely everything to with motive and where profits are going.

No it doesn't.

What if, we raise the profile of China so much over the next 5 years, he wants to keep investing and investing in villa.

Ppl worrying about where the profits are going.... If we're making profit it's probably a sign were doing well.

Out of interest, what would be your ideal motive for a villa owner? If you want someone who isn't going to benefit from it themselves then you're being completely unrealistic.

19 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No it doesn't.

What if, we raise the profile of China so much over the next 5 years, he wants to keep investing and investing in villa.

Ppl worrying about where the profits are going.... If we're making profit it's probably a sign were doing well.

Out of interest, what would be your ideal motive for a villa owner? If you want someone who isn't going to benefit from it themselves then you're being completely unrealistic.

Who's he?

38 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Long term stability, plain and simple. I don't want to be the next Leeds/Pompey/Blackpool.

The waters are very muddied at the moment. The sooner we get a decent interview the better. There's a lot a miss.

Edit: in terms of motive, I have no problem if they want to use us as a vehicle for exposure. My fear is what happens next given the dodgy names apparently involved.

Edited by Ryan.
  • Like 1

Â