Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I still think Dr T is a genuine guy. I just need more input over the coming weeks to settle my rattled nerves. 

He promised more communication from the club under his watch and I look forward to him seeing through on that promise.

I got an email today with links to all the takeover interviews and stories - can't remember that happening before, only emails about products. 

in relation to this takeover......Until i have something tangible to believe, I have nothing to doubt.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Samuelson's apparent involvement is an enormous reg flag, absolutely enormous!

My gut feeling tells me that this is going to end in some serious tears. This is an outrageously dodgy set of circumstances we find ourselves in as far as I'm concerned. 

That rumour has come from a name on a shirt. I wonder how many Samuelson's there are in the world. 

Until that's concrete, I'd not worry about it myself. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I feel like my book has a few chapters missing.

Who the **** is Chris Samuelson, and how do we know he is involved in this deal?

I was wondering how we know of his involvement too?

That picture of Xia yesterday in the dressing room was odd. If Hollis flew to China then when was that pic taken? And if it is genuine is there only one person involved in football named Samuelson?

Fit and Proper test covers loads more now. That guy who tried to buy Doncaster failed it due to a "lack of funding".

It can happen for reasons other than criminality. Apparently they've tightened up since past events. We shall see.

I wouldn't apologise for being skeptical, even  if there does seem to be a view from a very brash and vocal section of the fanbase that skepticism is outrageous or just moaning for moaning's sake, and that all will be grand because the new man said so.

Nah. **** that. Too much doesn't add up for me to be a happy chappy just yet. If it turns out to be good and this was just a bad start, then fine, but so far nothing about this strikes me as something worth getting very optimistic about, unless one is into big daft promises and change for change's sake.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That rumour has come from a name on a shirt. I wonder how many Samuelson's there are in the world. 

Until that's concrete, I'd not worry about it myself. 

The Telegraph reported that he was involved with the takeover and could have a future role. Not concrete but no smoke without fire. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The Telegraph reported that he was involved with the takeover and could have a future role. Not concrete but no smoke without fire. 

I imagine Dr Tony will not be submitting Chris Samuelson's name for the fit and proper person test, he possibly would not pass it. So therefore, he would not have a position of power going forwards.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The same telegraph that stated that Comoli was involved in the consortium and was undertaking diligence into our set up and academies, only for it to be revealed that Comoli apparently hasn't been contacted by them and him joining is unlikely?

Literally all there is to go on with this Samuelson stuff is one photo that has a shirt with Samuelson on it in the background, I'm sure there's more than one Samuelson in the world. It's fine being skeptical about the takeover, but some people on here are getting themselves into a tizz over very little.

• Like 1

I was a little sceptical about the pessimism here about the new owners, now that pictures have surfaced of this Samuelson fella at villa Park with Dr Xia, starting to feel a little worried now. Do not want our great club to be crippled like what he has done to Reading. Think we really do need some clarity now.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

I was a little sceptical about the pessimism here about the new owners, now that pictures have surfaced of this Samuelson fella at villa Park with Dr Xia, starting to feel a little worried now. Do not want our great club to be crippled like what he has done to Reading. Think we really do need some clarity now.

If you mean the one in the locker room, that's not Samuelson.

Well, Chris Samuelson at least, could be another Samuelson.

16 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Why does it feel like that Xia is not buying the club with his own money and the money is being borrowed against our future parachute payments?

Guess who would provide just a service? That's right, Chris Samuelson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrac_Corporation

Well here's the thing, Samuelson is not the loan shark - he is the person who introduced the loan shark to Reading. And every loan mentioned on that link is to a club, none of them are a loan to purchase a club. Don't see any parallel here with Dr Tony's takeover.

Edited by Jareth

You may have already seen this. It's a photo take at the Newcastle game. Taken of a corporate box with Dr x, Wyness and Samuelson. The first 2 seem to look like the aforementioned, but I'm not sure about Chris Samuelson. What do you think? 

Ci1nuWOWgAAkCsT.jpg

If he isn't a fit and/or proper person then I imagine he would fail the fit and proper persons test, however if he is fit and proper then I imagine he'll pass it. That's the point of these tests isn't it? To weed out the wrong'uns? 

Â