Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, YLN said:

It's a businessman/architect that really no one has heard of, heading up a group who have a controlling share in one, loss-making company that produces MSG, who says he has been a fan of Villa for a number of years, and adds that he wants to turn a likely poor Championship club into one of the biggest clubs in the world within ten years. There is some mention from Hollis of the Chinese government being involved, and that he played as a striker. 

So far, what has come out of Villa Park since the news broke has been an absolute mess. If this group are as rich as they claim, they would surely have gotten better advice on how to present themselves to the English media. There wouldn't be the miscommunication. They would have had people checking the officials statements for accuracy. There shouldn't be any question of anything being lost in translation. This is supposedly a multi billion pound group, and they can't come up with a statement that doesn't sound like a man rambling on about what he thinks he should be saying to fans to make them like him. So far it looks like it was all cobbled together, like a bad GCSE essay. 'Write a formal letter to fans of a club you've just taken over, telling them your plans for the future'.

I don't know what's actually going on, but to my untrained eye, it stinks

I have a feeling this might actually be more down to the Villa PR failings than the Chinese side. You must remember they regularly tosh things up "Welcome Remy Garde" etc.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YLN said:

It's a businessman/architect that really no one has heard of, heading up a group who have a controlling share in one, loss-making company that produces MSG, who says he has been a fan of Villa for a number of years, and adds that he wants to turn a likely poor Championship club into one of the biggest clubs in the world within ten years. There is some mention from Hollis of the Chinese government being involved, and that he played as a striker. 

So far, what has come out of Villa Park since the news broke has been an absolute mess. If this group are as rich as they claim, they would surely have gotten better advice on how to present themselves to the English media. There wouldn't be the miscommunication. They would have had people checking the officials statements for accuracy. There shouldn't be any question of anything being lost in translation. This is supposedly a multi billion pound group, and they can't come up with a statement that doesn't sound like a man rambling on about what he thinks he should be saying to fans to make them like him. So far it looks like it was all cobbled together, like a bad GCSE essay. 'Write a formal letter to fans of a club you've just taken over, telling them your plans for the future'.

I don't know what's actually going on, but to my untrained eye, it stinks

How about giving the guy a chance rather than judging on no concrete evidence

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How about giving the guy a chance rather than judging on no concrete evidence

I really wish more would Mikey. I hate to think that Tony Xia is reading the comments boards as if I was him I'd be wondering just what kind of fans I was inheriting, yes we are passionate but sometimes that is self destructive. Some have taken rumour and conjecture and used it to form a full opinion of a man that is overly negative and that to me isn't fair, yes it's okay to be concerned but at the very least try to remain open until proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's a word removed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

I really wish more would Mikey. I hate to think that Tony Xia is reading the comments boards as if I was him I'd be wondering just what kind of fans I was inheriting, yes we are passionate but sometimes that is self destructive. Some have taken rumour and conjecture and used it to form a full opinion of a man that is overly negative and that to me isn't fair, yes it's okay to be concerned but at the very least try to remain open until proven without a shadow of a doubt that he's a word removed.

Well then he should make sure things are handled in a professional manner, which he hasn't done. Everyone knows how important first impressions are, and here too much has gone wrong. It's as if no-one was at helm.

7 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

You may have already seen this. It's a photo take at the Newcastle game. Taken of a corporate box with Dr x, Wyness and Samuelson. The first 2 seem to look like the aforementioned, but I'm not sure about Chris Samuelson. What do you think? 

Ci1nuWOWgAAkCsT.jpg

Must be of some importance, Not many people if any at all, can wear football shirts in the boxes!

Edited by Kingman

8 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

If he isn't a fit and/or proper person then I imagine he would fail the fit and proper persons test, however if he is fit and proper then I imagine he'll pass it. That's the point of these tests isn't it? To weed out the wrong'uns? 

Would you be interested in this bridge I'm selling?

• Like 4

I must be the only 1 who doesnt care about his other companies or how many of them he has.

He or is backers are obviously ambitious and wouldnt of bought us unless it made business sense. To make business sense we need to be back in the prem which is what we all want isnt it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

I must be the only 1 who doesnt care about his other companies or how many of them he has.

He or is backers are obviously ambitious and wouldnt of bought us unless it made business sense. To make business sense we need to be back in the prem which is what we all want isnt it?

I don't think your on your own there. As long as there is money there and the club aren't going to be left badly in debt to someone dodgy then a lot of the details are irrelevant.

Its just at present, they are cause for concern and hopefully they are all explained. Although how much we'll actually find out ourselves I'm not sure.

At best it's some carelessness and miscommunication, the worst we don't know yet. Everyone's got there fingers crossed that Dr Xia does what he's said he will do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The guy standing up in the blue shirt does look like Chris samuelson.  Probably is him considering we know a samuelson is involved.  

Yes, looks like him to me. Extremely troubling. If a crook like Samuelson has been involved in any part of this deal it's a massive red flag. If Samuelson is going to be involved going forward, well, even worse.

Could someone more educated than myself please update me on this samuelson guy, has he been convicted of anything?

He's a money laundering, drug dealing, rapist murderer blues fan.

Okay, I've made that up, but I think I'm pretty close, considering the reaction to his name.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Could someone more educated than myself please update me on this samuelson guy, has he been convicted of anything?

He has a round head and has a dodgy accent

25 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

There's nothing to suggest he's doing anything illegal, AFAIK. He seems to be one of the words removed heavily involved in the industry of buying a business with its own money, in the same way the Glazers did.

Not illegal, but it doesn't bode well for the club.

Â