Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

49 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I've bought a helluva lot of adidas stuff over the years, I don't expect them to start inviting me to their Board meetings.......

Passionately supporting a football club is very different from buying Adidas, what a useless analogy. 

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Passionately supporting a football club is very different from buying Adidas, what a useless analogy. 

Out of interest, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, you said you've put a of money into the club over the years and would like to know the financial particulars but how is that different to the Adidas analogy given?

If I'm a fan of Porsche cars and have bought a few over the years, does that entitle me to the particulars of the VW takeover?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Actually, perhaps a more apt comparison would be an MG aficionado feeling entitled to the financial details of their takeover by the Chinese.

Just to hypothesise about a couple of concerns... 

The financial particulars of recon are bound to be murky as it's a private Chinese company.  Nothing out of the ordinary here considering China is a closed shop.  

Samuelson's expertise is in disguising assets for rich investors.  I understand  why he is involved as the Chinese government can not be seen to be directly investing in non - Chinese operations.  He may well be there to use his knowledge to facilitate the movement of money from China to the UK.  This is a positive thing imo.  

So the running story so far is the Chinese government are secretly investing in us to raise their own profile?

What happens when "China" raise their profile enough to not need us? (not that they do anyway)

There's too much dark business in this to be happy about it.

We're going to be chewed up and spat out.

Nobody can predict the future, but if we enjoy ten years of success before Tony gets bored then surely he'd just sell us on again? There's no guarantees but if we can have some success as opposed to our future under Lerner, I'll take it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

So the running story so far is the Chinese government are secretly investing in us to raise their own profile?

Are they?

And if so, why make it sound so sinister? Is it sinister that Man City promote Abu Dhabi?

What happens when "China" raise their profile enough to not need us? (not that they do anyway)

What does this even mean? Can something be no.1 in profile terms?

Again, where? What has Dr. Xia or anyone from his team said that has been discredited so far?

Based on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

why make it sound so sinister? Is it sinister that Man City promote Abu Dhabi?

City openly promote Abu Dhabi. No secrets, everyone knows where the money comes from. Until we get any more info on source of funds, with the complete lack of evidence to back up Tony's wealth, how can it look anything but sinister?

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

The Chinese government are secretly investing in Aston Villa to raise their profile?

jlaw-whtvr.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

City openly promote Abu Dhabi. No secrets, everyone knows where the money comes from. Until we get any more info on source of funds, with the complete lack of evidence to back up Tony's wealth, how can it look anything but sinister?

But that information has been made available to Hollis and his team, and he's obviously satisfied by it to proceed with the sale.

Dr. Xia hasn't properly taken the hotseat yet, not until he passes the FL 'fit and proper test' so I'm not sure what you want at this stage? Does he need to tell you how much money he has in his current account?

11 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I have to take issue with this post.

The OS statements all came out on the day that he took over. It was almost as if the deal was done, and then he wanted it announced - and why not?! We've been under a dark cloud with Lerner for too long, and he knows that, so clearly he wanted the world and all of our fans to know, and for us to match his enthusiasm.

Yes, he's part of a 'supposedly multi-billion pound group', but also he's just purchased a £75m-£100m pound football team. He wouldn't be crazy to expect a business of that price to have a half-competent media team to release a simple statement.

Anything incorrect that Hollis has said, is nothing to do with Xia or Recon.

What Xia has said in interviews over the past few days is ambitious, and some may say unrealistically ambitious, but he's not just said 'Top club in the world!!!' and nothing else, he's talked about business structure, investment, a new manager being agreed in a few weeks, getting us promoted, 'not throwing money at it' like Man City, as well as talking about other opportunities such as suggesting young, talented Chinese players to the manager. All of what he has said, comes across like what you would expect a clever business man to say. The only part you could question, is the top 3 in the world part, because that is a massive challenge. But when the first statement of 'top 6 in prem' came up, people were questioning why we wouldn't be going for top 4!! So he can't win either way.

What has come across as a bad GCSE essay, as you put it?

The only miscommunication I've seen, is Hollis thinking Xia was involved with the Bird Nest, and the OS saying Recon owns 5 listed companies instead of 1. That's not exactly exactly catastrophic, is it?

'Anything incorrect that Hollis has said, is nothing to do with Xia or Recon'

Sorry, but how do you know this? You state it like a fact, but I don't see how you can know it's true.

'That's not exactly catastrophic, is it?'

Well, not compared to earthquakes or world hunger, no. But it's a pretty shabby start IMO. 

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

But that information has been made available to Hollis and his team, and he's obviously satisfied by it to proceed with the sale.

...who were employed by Randy to get him his money back.

Dr. Xia hasn't properly taken the hotseat yet, not until he passes the FL 'fit and proper test' so I'm not sure what you want at this stage? Does he need to tell you how much money he has in his current account?

For there to not be so many errors and holes at such an early stage would be nice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'll ask again. What information has Dr. Xia himself provided that's contained 'errors and holes'?

This question seems to be impossible to answer. We know we have been given false information. We don't know the source of that false information (if you can provide real evidence to the contrary, great).

• Like 1

I have received a message from the doc himself, after raising our concerns and received the reply 'Be assured that those questions are over-worried and rumours'.

I didn't want to go more in depth with him, as I was being a little cheeky asking in the first place. But from this, I'm taking it that Samuelson is involved, as he was one of the concerns that I had raised, and he would probably have told me if he wasn't involved.

Take from that what you will.

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with any errors. Has he said he's one of the richest men in China? If not, what's your point?

He's supposedly some big shot in China who I (or Forbes) can find no trace of. Yet every other wealthy Chinese buisiness man is there for the world to see. Couple that with the OS back tracking on his credentials when the media picked out the holes and you have to raise these questions..

If he's worth less than 800 mill are you not a little concerned as to where the money is coming from? Or indeed who's pocketing any profits? What's the motive?

50 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

You trust Hollis' good intentions too much, I think. He'll know that Xia can cough up the sale price, that's what Randy is paying him for. Anything else is up in the air.

• Like 1

Â