England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Two games in and having seen a lot of the other teams, I don't think its far fetched to say we have looked like one of the best teams so far.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I couldn't work out why he was crying? 

People crying at football - will never understand it.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This tournament is near impossible from a betting perspective.....is it too much to ask for a 3-2 in one of these games? This has to be one of the lowest scoring euros for a while.

81-90 minute goal seems to be worth a bet each game ;)

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Some people are more emotionally invested and/or emotionally 'open' than others. There's no great mystery to it.

The mystery with that guy was that it was a completely arbitrary point in the game where nothing had happened in the recent past.  Unless he just took a phone call about a deceased relative.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

But why? Was it because we scored? Or just because Wales were there? From memory the tears were flowing for a good 5-10 minutes after we scored.

It was late on in the game wasn't it when the score was 1-1. Probably the tension got to him too much.

Just now, colhint said:

I actually think we have some of the best strikers. I know Lewandoski is good but I think we have better than France Germany and Italy, which is not to be sneered at

I actually think its the best squad of players we've had since 1996. So many options up front. Good midfield and we have the best RB in the tournament. At least the best attacking rb by some distance. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I actually think its the best squad of players we've had since 1996. So many options up front. Good midfield and we have the best RB in the tournament. At least the best attacking rb by some distance. 

I think its a decent squad which can get better but if you compare it to, say, the 2006 WC squad which included G Nev, Cashley, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, Becks, Owen, Lampard, Rooney, Joe Cole, Sol Campbell and other quality players then its not as good IMO

I think Scholes was injured? 

It just shows to me how we wasted the 'golden generation' we had 

Edited by Xela

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Two games in and having seen a lot of the other teams, I don't think its far fetched to say we have looked like one of the best teams so far.

Thought the same myself. Created a lot of chances and restricted the opponents to next to nothing. On the flip side we've still managed to concede in both games and made things a lot harder than they've needed to be, by requiring so many chances to score. Definite positive signs though.

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think its a decent squad which can get better but if you compare it to, say, the 2006 WC squad which included G Nev, Cashley, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, Becks, Owen, Lampard, Rooney, Joe Cole, Sol Campbell and other quality players then its not as good IMO

He retired as he didn't fancy playing second fiddle to a pair of arseholes.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Thought the same myself. Created a lot of chances and restricted the opponents to next to nothing. On the flip side we've still managed to concede in both games and made things a lot harder than they've needed to be, by requiring so many chances to score. Definite positive signs though.

Indeed, we do have a poor crop of centre backs at the moment. Oh to have the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Ledley King, Woodgate and Carragher. We used to have an embarrassment of riches

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Possibly although  Gerrard and Lampard combination  never really worked and Owen wasn't that great by then. 

Edited by PaulC

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

This tournament is near impossible from a betting perspective.....is it too much to ask for a 3-2 in one of these games? This has to be one of the lowest scoring euros for a while.

Under 4.5 you would win everytime lol

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He retired as he didn't fancy playing second fiddle to a pair of arseholes.

in fairness would you prefer Stevie Me or Frankie 40 shots or most talented England player of a generation