England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

England looked exactly the same as they did during the warm-ups.

I disagree. They looked significantly better tonight than in any of the warm ups.

• Like 2

I don't think Sterling was as bad as people are making out. This performance today was so much better than we're used to from England in tournaments. I think Kane was the weak link, although he's normally a lot better. We should be able to beat Wales and Slovakia.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not just here, There were people on Twitter declaring England as "shit" and "garbage" at half time.

I'm disappointed because we should have won. But how people can just ignore the positives of that game is beyond me.

I might avoid social media for the duration of the tournament. It's full of morons.

I'd say avoiding social media in general is a good mantra for life. I'm staying off it.

We weren't shit. We lacked quality in the final third and they made it hard by crowding their defence, they were pretty well organised. Smalling was at fault for the goal in my opinion and Hodgson needs to take the blame for that but he's going to get away blameless which means there's less chance of him learning from it.

Just now, PaulC said:

I think Russia are worse than Wales or Slovakia though. 

Way worse. Wales have better players, including a genuine world class player in Bale (England have no world class players) and Slovakia have more pace and Hamsik.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not just here, There were people on Twitter declaring England as "shit" and "garbage" at half time.

I'm disappointed because we should have won. But how people can just ignore the positives of that game is beyond me.

I might avoid social media for the duration of the tournament. It's full of morons.

Wouldn't surprise me if a large number of those people didn't even watch the game. Seems it's the fashionable thing now to constantly say how shit England are. I thought the first half was a great performance and we were unlucky not to be leading, not as impressive in the second half but still did more than deserved the win. Hyperbole gets likes and attention though.

Decent England performance but let down by wrong substitutions at the end. Reminds me of the Italy game at the world cup and could be a similar situation. Wales on Thurs with nothing to lose and 3 points in the bag will be a tricky game so fully expect an all or nothing game against Slovakia with all the pressure on that. Played well but so disappointing in the end. Think Milner should have done a better job at getting out to the crosser on the goal as well.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

I'd say avoiding social media in general is a good mantra for life. I'm staying off it.

We weren't shit. We lacked quality in the final third and they made it hard by crowding their defence, they were pretty well organised. Smalling was at fault for the goal in my opinion and Hodgson needs to take the blame for that but he's going to get away blameless which means there's less chance of him learning from it.

I don't even think we lacked THAT much quality in the final third. We created a fair few very good opportunities. If it wasn't for Rooney and Lallana not taing theres, or one of the best saves I've ever seen, we'd have been a goal or two to the good much earlier.

We need to improved our finishing, but I can't believe how negative people are being (well, I can believe how negative some people are being, considering who they are)

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Way worse. Wales have better players, including a genuine world class player in Bale (England have no world class players) and Slovakia have more pace and Hamsik.

I dread to think what Bale will do to us. Wales will be harder to break down than Russia as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

twitter is full of tosspots but i think some will be having a go cause hodgson should have brought on attacking subs rather than negative ones as russia are pants and we handed them the initiative,vardy would have stretched the play whereas we allowed russia to control/dominate and with our defence that's stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, krisagg75 said:

twitter is full of tosspots but i think some will be having a go cause hodgson should have brought on attacking subs rather than negative ones as russia are pants and we handed them the initiative,vardy would have stretched the play whereas we allowed russia to control/dominate and with our defence that's stupid.

Trying to protect a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go is hardly the stupidest thing in the world.

Disappointment is justified. People seem to thrive in being overly negative, especially on the internet.

I@m stating the obvious, but sometimes this kind of thing just annoys me more than usual. 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Twitter is full of people just like any place with lots of human involvement is full of people.

Living up to your username there, buddy.