England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Just now, krisagg75 said:

the problem we will have for me is rooney,we can't play him in midfield in the last 2 games as he'll be by passed to easily.

watching Wales I dont think they will pass around England but he wont have a lot of time on the ball. Slovakia might be different if get head sorted after todayy

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Makes sense to me too. Hell, putting Milner on to put some more fresh legs in midfield makes sense. What I don't like is sitting back and letting Russia have the ball. We kept possession most of the game. Granted, being a goal down gives Russia the impetus to attack but we just dropped back and got way too nervous, that is down to negative tactics which the subs were brought on to do. 

Bring them on and play keep ball. Bring Vardy on earlier to try and harass them further up the field. The tactics aren't bad in theory but it's the first truly competitive game for a number of our players, nerves are high and our defence is our weakest part of the team. Why tempt fate like that?

best post on the game for me.

On 6/11/2016 at 01:36, dounavilla said:

I don't like to use the term "we" when discussing these Idiots they are not football fans and don't represent the vast majority of England fans.

All they do is insure we get painted as alcoholic hooligans.

clearings in the woods.

Same for any collective, be it football, nationality, religions. All it takes is a small group of mindless, idiotic scum bag pricks to ruin things for everyone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

So worrying about strangers' negative opinions on a game of football isn't useless and a total waste of time. I don't think I'm the one to be confused here.

Then why be on a forum at all? No one is 'worrying' about someone else's opinion, we're discussing the game and our opinions of it which is what this thread is designed for.

I envy your zen attitude but I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. It's coming close to trolling.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

So worrying about strangers' negative opinions on a game of football isn't useless and a total waste of time. I don't think I'm the one to be confused here.

You are on a football forum :detect:

"Can't believe so many people are being so negative. I hate football fans sometimes.

Cheer the **** up you miserable words removed"

That's what I call worrying about other people's opinions.

And me saying that it's wrong to get worked up by strangers being negative on the internet, isn't trolling at all, and I think there's only one reason why you'd say that it is. Besides such an accusation is rich coming from you. Considering your style of posting towards me.

You're directly quoting Stevo so I'll let him reply to you.

If you have an issue with me then feel free to contact me via PM rather than airing it here on the public forum.

I quoted Stevo, because I felt his post was an example of someone worrying what other fans think when you said that that wasn't happening. Also you suggest that I was trolling and I was trying to achive something. So why not take some your own advice.

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Thought everyone, aside from Sterling, played well. Probably the best performance of any side so far. Typically, should've scored 4, only scored 1. Classic England.

I agree, I know it's a terrible cliche but all those shots that went straight at the keeper were hit 'too well', if one or 2 of them were scuffed or miss hit we'd potentially have won (like Wales winner).

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I quoted Stevo, because I felt his post was an example of someone worrying what other fans think when you said that that wasn't happening. Also you suggest that I was trolling and I was trying to achive something. So why not take some your own advice.

I don't think think Steve cares, I think he was just making an observation.

The hating football fans some times is just a throwaway line. I doubt he has gone to bed tonight fretting over what random people online think over England's performance. 

• Like 1

Sterling was shit, all he has is pace. A headless chicken with poor technique and poor decision making. Have never liked him.

Aside from him, we were pretty good overall, created enough chances to have won comfortably, but lack of quality at both ends when it mattered cost us.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, I know it's a terrible cliche but all those shots that went straight at the keeper were hit 'too well', if one or 2 of them were scuffed or miss hit we'd potentially have won (like Wales winner).

To me a lot of our shots had a hint of desperation to them. They just needed to be a bit more composed in some of the chances we had. But instead they just tried to put their foot threw the ball.

We played well enough tonight but needed a two goal cushion and we had more than enough chances to have had one before they got their late goal.

I went for 1-1 tonight and I think we will get the same result against Wales so the last game may well decide if we will get out of this group and it is to be the last game for Olde Woy as England boss.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, andym said:

Sterling was shit, all he has is pace. A headless chicken with poor technique and poor decision making. Have never liked him.

Aside from him, we were pretty good overall, created enough chances to have won comfortably, but lack of quality at both ends when it mattered cost us.

He must wake up every morning lsughing his tits off at the money he is picking up,

The epitomy of the modern footballer, has no back bone, takes no responsibility,  has zero character. A product of a youth system that breeds little boys. 

**** off,

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He must wake up every morning lsughing his tits off at the money he is picking up,

The epitomy of the modern footballer, has no back bone, takes no responsibility,  has zero character. A product of a youth system that breeds little boys. 

**** off,

a more expensive Scott Sinclair

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John said:

We played well enough tonight but needed a two goal cushion and we had more than enough chances to have had one before they got their late goal.

I went for 1-1 tonight and I think we will get the same result against Wales so the last game may well decide if we will get out of this group and it is to be the last game for Olde Woy as England boss.   

can't like so quoting'

i think woy is the wrong man at the wrong time.when we could defend with the likes of rio/sol/terry and cashly he'd probably would've been ok.now our defence is crap we need an attack minded manager 

• Like 1