England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think Sterling was as bad as people are making out. This performance today was so much better than we're used to from England in tournaments. I think Kane was the weak link, although he's normally a lot better. We should be able to beat Wales and Slovakia.

That useless guy, with the feel good post of year. Thank you useless don't forget to rest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Decent England performance but let down by wrong substitutions at the end. Reminds me of the Italy game at the world cup and could be a similar situation. Wales on Thurs with nothing to lose and 3 points in the bag will be a tricky game so fully expect an all or nothing game against Slovakia with all the pressure on that. Played well but so disappointing in the end. Think Milner should have done a better job at getting out to the crosser on the goal as well.

no more likes but top post for me

8 minutes ago, krisagg75 said:

twitter is full of tosspots but i think some will be having a go cause hodgson should have brought on attacking subs rather than negative ones as russia are pants and we handed them the initiative,vardy would have stretched the play whereas we allowed russia to control/dominate and with our defence that's stupid.

Twitter is as good or bad as the people you choose to follow.

Just now, useless said:

What I'm saying is that the people on twiiter are just like the people on here, or any other site that allows user interaction.

What we're saying is obvious statement is obvious ;)

1 minute ago, useless said:

Besides who cares if someone on here or twitter is being negative about a game of football. It doesn't actually affect what happens on the pitch.

Oh my god, really? I thought it directly affected how England play.

My bad, I'm not bothered then.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Trying to protect a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes to go is hardly the stupidest thing in the world.

Disappointment is justified. People seem to thrive in being overly negative, especially on the internet.

I@m stating the obvious, but sometimes this kind of thing just annoys me more than usual. 

can't like this as i've run out of them.not 100% with you as i am for positive subs rather than negative ones(at 51 i guess i'm older than you so have seen more f ups because of them).i'm not one for hanging on as i've seen villa f it up to many times in my lifetime, but it's a game of opinions and yours is as good as mine.i just think as russia were chasing the game and their defence was slow someone like a vardy to stretch them would have been better but that's footie.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

eh?!?!

Hairpiece didn't do enough to dictate the attack against a pretty useless Russian side, IMO. These are the moments he always seems to shrink from the mantle of leading the England team. 

1 minute ago, krisagg75 said:

can't like this as i've run out of them.not 100% with you as i am for positive subs rather than negative ones(at 51 i guess i'm older than you so have seen more f ups because of them).i'm not one for hanging on as i've seen villa f it up to many times in my lifetime, but it's a game of opinions and yours is as good as mine.i just think as russia were chasing the game and their defence was slow someone like a vardy to stretch them would have been better but that's footie.

Hindsight is wonderful.

If we'd brought Vardy on and been picked off on the break then people would be much more angry.

Our errors today was not taking our chances, not our substitutions.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Hairpiece didn't do enough to dictate the attack against a pretty useless Russian side, IMO. These are the moments he always seems to shrink from the mantle of leading the England team. 

He was very good tonight.