England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Genuinely thought England played well there - and I'm usually the last to enjoy an England performance. Not worried. We'll draw with Wales and then beat Slovakia to qualify. No worries

And then get handily dispatched in the second round.

It basically all went wrong after he took sterling off. Sterling to play every minute of every game for me. 

[emoji38] i know that's a joke.

Not too worried. Hopefully this means Roy will make a few obvious changes in the next game.

Straight out of the Martin O'Neill book of tactics that one. I'm sure you all remember this feeling.

Hodgson is a **** dinosaur. Why choose that stupid tactic? You think Spain and Germany would have sat back like that and gifted them possession?

We played pretty well and Russia flooded their defence and made it difficult but I am so sick of those tactics.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

LOL if England "match that level of performance" they are going no where fast, no quality in attack at all whatsoever, the goal was a set piece FFS. Not enough clear cut chances were created against a shite Russia team with the slowest centre halves in the tournament. 

Trying to be positive we did look very good in parts, just looked a bit vulnerable defensively. Wales and Slovakia to come and to be honest, we still should have enough to get out of the group. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Trying to be positive we did look very good in parts, just looked a bit vulnerable defensively. Wales and Slovakia to come and to be honest, we still should have enough to get out of the group. 

I think we'll get a draw against Wales and then it will all be down to the Slovakia game. 

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think England were very good right up until the finishing,  a Ronaldo or Messi or Bale probably would have walked away with a hattrick today.

Or Vardy 

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Think we were really unlucky. Performance more than deserved the win, although Hodgson far too negative with the subs and that goal was just bizarre, no idea why Hart just left it.

We asked for it sitting back like that. Feel sorry for the players being forced to play stupid tactics but we made that goal a possibility by gifting them possession. Our defence is shaky enough without the added pressure of a 1-nil lead in injury time.

Hart left it because Smalling was running in and blocked him off and the clueless moron just watched it rather than busting a gut to get a block in.

ITV pundits putting it down to bad luck, not one has the balls to scrutinise Woy's choices. Spineless.

Edited by Ginko