England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Sterling does my head in. Utter rubbish flatters to deceive all the time 

been one of our best players today lol...

playing really well. Sterling lallana dier walker (Y)

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

England are lacking quality I'm afraid, final ball is poor, Kane has had virtually no service either. They need to be a lot better against an awful Russia side. Vardy should come on early in the second half if still 0-0 as you may as well call the Russian centre halves the twin towers, zero pace and they will crumble against a direct, pacey runner such as Vardy.

• Like 1

England have dominated this easily but lack in final third. Russia have been absolute woeful and no speed in squad at all

If England get one goal they will crumble completely

Played really well so far but means nothing if we don't score

Rooney has looked good in midfield and Sterling looks dangerous

Not sure why Kane is taking the set pieces. Its not as if he's delivering in unplayable corners. 

Lllalaananananana looks good i think. He's tackled high up the pitch a good few times.

Sterling looks dangerous without actually being dangerous, i feel someone else would be more effective.

The team seems to have a good balance though. Dier looking good alongside rooney.

It'll come, but we might have to play even better as i can't see Russia playing the same way in the 2nd half. Just need that final ball to come off.

Good job we have a player like Vardy to come on against tired players if things still don't go as planned.

Just now, Xela said:

Played really well so far but means nothing if we don't score

Rooney has looked good in midfield and Sterling looks dangerous

Not sure why Kane is taking the set pieces. Its not as if he's delivering in unplayable corners. 

Yep makes no sense at all, his delivery hasn't been particularly good and you'd think you'd want a finisher like him in the box from set pieces.

27 minutes ago, gharperr said:

been one of our best players today lol...

playing really well. Sterling lallana dier walker (Y)

That's what I mean about flattering to deceive. Looks good but always runs down the blind alley or fails to deliver the final pass. End product is nada. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

England are lacking quality I'm afraid, final ball is poor, Kane has had virtually no service either. They need to be a lot better against an awful Russia side. Vardy should come on early in the second half if still 0-0 as you may as well call the Russian centre halves the twin towers, zero pace and they will crumble against a direct, pacey runner such as Vardy.

Thats my take. We have played well but a lack of quality  both with the final ball and finishing. Russia are really really poor. Worst team in the group on this showing. 

Edited by PaulC