Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

Fair play to Wales. After going a goal down early they could, and I thought would, fold. Did they balls though and in the end thoroughly deserved to win.

They have shown a lot of teams who are better on paper in this tournament just how crucial having a game plan, being organised, all putting a shift in and a never say die attitude is. Their team spirit puts Englands to shame.

I hope they go all the way and win it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Fair play to Wales. After going a goal down early they could, and I thought would, fold. Did they balls though and in the end thoroughly deserved to win.

They have shown a lot of teams who are better on paper in this tournament just how crucial having a game plan, being organised, all putting a shift in and a never say die attitude is. Their team spirit puts Englands to shame.

I hope they go all the way and win it.

As echoed by Spike from Notting Hill.

• Like 1

Watched the game in a packed pub in Brum, where most people were honorary Welsh fans for the night!

Wonderful performance, just shows what teamwork, application and desire can do for a team. 

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Coleman has put together a team, a collection of players that will all put themselves on the line for each other, and know their game plan.

Something that Hodgson, McLaren, Capello, Eriksson etc have failed to do with far better resources.

I'd say he deserves a bit of credit. Well, a lot of credit.

Absolutely, he deserves massive credit. I said that Wales as a team were tremendous. I just don't know, there's just something, I'm still not convinced about him. Time will tell though, he doing everything right at the moment. 

Please please keep it up, Wales.

The further you , Iceland and the like get, the more it hits home how the whole England set up is wrong.

FA is FIFA without the IF

Jobs for boys, make money, devise a new plan for "future success" but whatever you do, just keep us well in with the money.

Oh it didnt work? We are the all new open FA willing to try everything (but keep making the moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey)

8 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Coleman has put together a team, a collection of players that will all put themselves on the line for each other, and know their game plan.

Something that Hodgson, McLaren, Capello, Eriksson etc have failed to do with far better resources.

I'd say he deserves a bit of credit. Well, a lot of credit.

I always thought Coleman did a decent job at Fulham, his record with them in the prem over a fair few seasons was very respectable and he picked up good players in his time there and sold them on for a profit.

Made a few poor moves after that so disappeared off the radar.

Can see him popping up at a Swansea in the near future.

A good club manager doesn't always make a good international and vice versa. Coleman has done a great job at wales particularly when you consider the tragic circumstances in which he got the job. 

Wales doing well as an England fan is kind of how it feels for West Brom to have (hopefully temporarily) surpassed Villa.

So although I'm happy for them, I'm not sure I could handle them winning the whole thing.

19 hours ago, av1 said:

I think they will beat Portugal, who have been poor in my opinion. 

Should do. Unlike Ronaldos lot, Wales have shown the ability to win multiple games over 90 minutes. Fingers firmly crossed!

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Should do. Unlike Ronaldos lot, Wales have shown the ability to win multiple games over 90 minutes. Fingers firmly crossed!

Agreed.

Listening to the radio earlier and someone gave his opinion on this ridiculous notion that he game is simply Bale vs Ronaldo.

He said that the Welsh are a better team than Portugal (in terms of togetherness rather than individual ability), but that any team containing Ronaldo obviously has a chance. So whilst the game isn't Bale vs Ronaldo, he did feel that whoever had the better game out of those 2 would be on the winning side. 

It was a fair summary i thought. 

Edited by av1

I think it can be over analysed. It's yet another 50 / 50 game that we could win or lose by 1,2,3 or more goals or end up going to penalties.

I know that deep level of insight won't be getting me a job as a pundit anytime soon. But the more we look down the team sheet and decide this formation suits that team if they play those players, the more we end up like other teams that over stress. Have a plan, bust a gut sticking to it. Change it once it's clearly beyond saving.

Those bookings against Belgium could have done for us, more so than the superb Belgian goal. Any number of teams would have seen key players suspended for a future game we weren't even in yet, and heads would have dropped. But they stuck to a simple plan and players that knew they were suspended 'if' there was a next game still played with everything they had. They just got on with it.

Right now, Wales have won more games than any other team in this competition. They've scored more goals than any other team too.

If Portugal stick five on Wales on Wednesday, that Wales team will be clapped off the pitch and celebrated when it gets back to the airport.

But we could actually win it. In which case the mounting pressure on the Welsh Assembly to give everyone here a day off and a thousand quid cash will only intensify.

Cmc_by4XYAAz8Q6.jpg

Our pan disability teams won every game at the festival yesterday. We'll have the cup up the clubhouse on Wednesday.

Has to be an omen. That, plus the fact I saw an albino hedgehog the other day.

• Like 1

Â