Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

yeah Ramsey certainly in with a shout of player of tournament though probably be given to a French player.

I would imagine Wenger be nervous watching them games as could see a bigger team bidding for him 

• Like 1

think I mentioned it before but the comfort the Wales players have on the ball is different than others from these islands. Bale, Davies, Ramsey, Williams, Allen, Taylor, Ledley all look comfortable on the ball and lightyears ahead of what England or Ireland were doing with it.

another note all but Bale from players I mentioned have started or had a spell at Swansea or Cardiff so I assume them clubs academies are doing this very early on

51 minutes ago, useless said:

They're having an open bus parade. As well as they did, seems slightly over the top.

I think a lot of people are in the mood for the party to continue. They've all enjoyed themselves so just want to squeeze one more party out of it.

Feels odd for losing in a semi final, I agree.

But then again, I think the 'english problem' if there even is one, might be that everything is being taken far too seriously. The Welsh had a bit of luck on their side which chimed in well with an attitude of trying to enjoy it (not to be confused with 'just enjoying it').

I'd personally skip the street parade. But I do know a lot of people that very much enjoyed singing for an hour on Westgate Street after last night's game. Best of luck to them. I'd rather they were singing at a bus full of semi finalists than feeling the need to throw patio furniture around.

Then, it's also important to get as many people as possible back in the habit of paying money for tickets for home games. If a bus trip around Cardiff Bay says thanks for the fun, and makes 1,000 kids want their parents to buy tickets for Wales vs Moldova on a Monday evening in September, bring it on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

yeah Ramsey certainly in with a shout of player of tournament though probably be given to a French player.

I would imagine Wenger be nervous watching them games as could see a bigger team bidding for him 

Arsenal are really stocked with good central midfielders now, intrigued to see what Wengers comes up with now.

It might be best for them to play a diamond which would allow Ramsey to move a little wider and have Alexis just off Giroud or new striker.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe have an open welcome home ceremony in a big square like Iceland rather than an open top bus which is typically associated with winning trophies.

Yes that sounds about right to me. For a capital city Cardiff isn't actually that huge a place so not sure a bus is even needed. They could've just opened the Millenium and done player presentations there (pretty sure they all must want to go on holiday now!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but England had a parade after 90 world cup?

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but England had a parade after 90 world cup?

Yes they did. Though it appears to have been an open bus tour of Luton?

the-england-football-team-arrive-at-luto

The one tomorrow is just from the Castle to the Cardiff City Stadium. Walking distance really, but it's during commuter hour on the main route out of town. So I guess the bus is just so they can use the bus lanes!

Can't help feeling that actually having a Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade bizarrely brings this thread some closure.

**minor update, it would appear the bus is now going past the end of my street, would be churlish not to run out in to the road for a selfie.

Edited by chrisp65

That was originally me replying to myself literally about ten minutes later, but then I changed my mind at the last minute. When I revisited the thread the sentence was still saved in the comment box, so I thought it worked as a nice reply to Chrisp's post replying to my original post.

Cm2p1jdWgAEzCYU.jpg

CmyuWbqWcAEYMwJ.jpg

Cm26be9WEAA2k6i.jpg

hee hee!

I know a handful of the people in the last photo

the club will have signed shirts and flags to raffle off later in the year....

££££

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 3

I like it, both Sweden and Bulgaria who finished 3rd and 4th in the 94 World Cup had huge celebrations when they came back home. Wales being even smaller deserves it.

Â