Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

20 hours ago, av1 said:

I think they will beat Portugal, who have been poor in my opinion. 

Thing is, Portugal have got this knack of getting through while playing poor. In the semis and haven't really looked threatening at all. Sign of a good team

On 2 July 2016 at 11:25, MrDuck said:

Coleman has put together a team, a collection of players that will all put themselves on the line for each other, and know their game plan.

Something that Hodgson, McLaren, Capello, Eriksson etc have failed to do with far better resources.

I'd say he deserves a bit of credit. Well, a lot of credit.

Not to mention inheriting the job in the most difficult of circumstances imaginable, unprecedented even.

UEFA killjoys

Wales' players have been asked not to bring their children onto the pitch after Wednesday's Euro 2016 semi-final because it is "not a safe place".

Fans have been delighted by images of players including Gareth Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu and Ashley Williams celebrating with their children in their victorious run to the last four.

However Uefa said: "It is a European Championship, not a family party."

to be filed under 'couldn't make it up'.

_90291956_gettyimages-544192992.jpg

In fairness, it was the kids reminding everyone of the dark days in the 70's invading the pitch season before last for us. Clearly they are trying to protect the players from these vicious hooligans.

This is a UEFA who should be delighted that pictures like this are coming after the pictures that started the tournament.  They really can't see that these images might just be the ones that people remember by virtue of them coming later on.  Shooting themselves in the foot completely.  I would hope Wales continue to do it.  I'd love to see UEFA attempt to sanction them after doing **** all to sanction proper scum in Croatia, Russia and in other places.

• Like 4

I do hate the whole kids on the pitch thing that has steadily become more and more popular in recent years.

I remember David Beckham took a young Brooklyn onto the pitch after they won the title many years ago, and Dennis Wise had his child on the pitch after we let them win the FA Cup in 2000, I really don't see why they should be paraded on the pitch after a QF win for example. 

They'll be on the pitch after a Premier League match soon the way it's going.

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Great run Wales, now go on and qualify for the World Cup!

preferably not as they are in Ireland group ;)

team has been brilliant and fans also a credit. ran out of steam in end and Ramsey suspension was key

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah no Ramsey and Joe Allen having a quiet night made it a game too far

but I've thoroughly enjoyed it

must do it again some time

CmtaPjMWgAE2A1s.jpg

Personally thought Bale had a terrible game.  Managed to completely cock up really simple passes into Neil Taylor when attacking and generally lost the ball a lot with terrible passes.

Missing Ramsey and Bale, unfortunately, means Wales cannot overpower decent teams - which Portugal are (despite their terrible performances).

Great run though.

• Like 1

Â