Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

46 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I wish nothing but luck for Wales, I hope you get to the very end, everyone loves an underdog story and at least these guys are playing with passion and are hungry for it.

Which team is not playing with passion and hungry to do well?

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Which team is not playing with passion and hungry to do well?

The villa team 14/15 and 15/16 season, the russia team in the euros 2016, the non Ronaldo Portugal team euros 2016, QPR team 13/14 season. Is that enough for you?

Edited by Seat68
added another season for that Villa.
  • Like 1

That Russia team. Wow. They could still have qualified but mentally they were already on the plane back home. I don't believe their manager got up from the bench at any point during the game. Coleman kicked every ball.

You would have to look at that Ukraine team too. I didn't watch their games so this is just based on looking at the tables, three defeats from three, no goals, the only team to get no points, worst team in the whole group stage. I didn't see their games though, so I might be name calling for no good reason, they might have been 'unlucky' three times.

I did watch a Ukraine game and they weren't there either. Some teams just can't be bothered, and Wales are not one of them, they played as a team and had nothing to lose, would absolutely love to see them get all the way to a final. Really pleased for you supporters. 

Well that's very nice!

I've got Saturday as a genuine 50/50 game. Then the next would be 50/50 as far as I'm concerned. Then the next. But we have to be cautious. If Wales did somehow get to the final, the country could achieve astral oneness with the universe and the resultant Ludlow to Rosslare ferry crossing would take 8 hours.

But I am excited by the prospect. Very excited. I'm excited right now.

• Like 1

Ukraine looked decent enough against Germany. They created a lot of chances.

Garbage in their other games though.

Northern Ireland played well against them, but Ukraine were really dreadful.

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Did not see much passion from Wales when they were putting 11 men behind the ball against England!  Depends how you measure passion I suppose.  

fish.gif

f2ae3799b3ed4166bc30e4696746462f.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Only just got back from Bristol, man the M4 was quiet on the way back, what did I miss?!

1:0 not much here for the end of tournie dvd

encouraging that we now have 5 different players have scored goals

try and catch the goals scored after the game by the players' kids, big celebrations from the Wales fans

• Like 1

Cl3MM0SWQAAkLWN.jpg

By all accounts from tweets n texts from Paris there was 48 hours of drinking in a fully mixed Wales / Norn Iron / French crowd before the game and it picked up where it left off after the game.

A lot of people have spent a lot of money. A lot of favours and promises have been called in between a lot of hubbies and wives. Two or three people here not having a family holiday this summer because the old man is 'stuck' in France. Plus I have to say lots of very understanding bosses appear to be entering the spirit of it. 

13 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

I think Wales actually could win this tournament

Potential quarter final opponents are Belgium who they have a good record against. If they beat them I would expect them to beat either Portugal or Poland to get to the final. 

Edited by PaulC

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Coleman says that NI was Wales' toughest game. He dos remember that they actually lost to England?!

I agree with Coleman roughly 100%

Already had a win on the board when they played england, nobody would be surprised by an england win, they could go on and win the group in their next game even if they lost.

Northern Ireland was two similar teams in a knockout competition.

Â