Wales Triumphant Euro 2016 Victory Parade

chrisp65

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Chill out how have i been disrespectful??

yeah sorry, posts crossed by seconds there, I think I was just saying you could look at stuff from a different angle and what is meant as one thing can be taken differently and taken as disrespectful, if someone is looking for offence. I think.

I'm in a lot less pain this morning and so the world is a more relaxed place.

I've properly buggered up my old Vastus Medialis and I'm totally blaming that. Stay away from exercise kids.

Edited by chrisp65
edited to include the word sorry

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think you're right there Shropshire Lad. As good a reasoning as any.

Annoyingly, I wrote something similar, about Wales winning a mini competition of last team standing so probably well happy about that. I wrote it but something happened and it didn't post. Same happened with a couple of killer posts I tried to get in the Brexit thread yesterday. I'm blaming the fact I'm in a juggling act at the moment between being in pain, taking medicine when I don't normally take any (first time for even paracetemol in several years), and drinking more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years.

Actually, now is probably as good a time and place as any to apologise in advance for the next few days....

...bear with me, should all be done n dusted by Saturday.

What's going on with you?

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah sorry, posts crossed by seconds there, I think I was just saying you could look at stuff from a different angle and what is meant as one thing can be taken differently and taken as disrespectful, if someone is looking for offence. I think.

I'm in a lot less pain this morning and so the world is a more relaxed place.

I've properly buggered up my old Vastus Medialis and I'm totally blaming that. Stay away from exercise kids.

No worries :thumb: To be honest I admire the Welsh despite supporting England. All the home nations showed more guts, passion and pride then these losers who should be ashamed of themselves. I agree with you, they are arrogant as shown when they were all concentrating on france before they had even beaten iceland. 

47 minutes ago, maqroll said:

What's going on with you?

It's been a big few weeks. I've had a birthday, there have been big moves in the office due to the brexit farce. Wales have done far better than I'd expected and the council granted us a drinks license for the club. Watched games big screen stylee with people from the club at the game live texting and whatnot and it's been emotional. 

I've stepped up the exercise in a big way, or had. I smashed my record on an exercise bike, utterly smashed it. Went out, had a good dance and a drink at a gig. Next morning I've torn a muscle and can't walk. Absolute pain. I don't 'do' medicine and I'm not used to it. I don't get head aches or colds or any of that for some freaky reason. So I've gone from absolutely no meds of any description for several years, not a lemsip, to smashing through boxes of everything and anything. Every pill, potion, gel and powder known to man just to get my pants on.

I've got to get myself in much better shape for Friday night. Another Wales game. I shouldn't over do Friday night as I have really good tickets for the England vs Sri Lanka cricket on Saturday. For the avoidance of doubt, I'll be supporting England. But then, the weather for Saturday suggests I shouldn't worry too much about saving myself for the cricket. I'll just need to get myself there for the free corporate lunch.

What a time to be alive, eh!

I'm off to cold gel my groin.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Ha! Cheers mate. 

Not much planned for the day, aside from walking along the Shropshire/Wales border hurling abuse at the Welsh and muttering the words to "Three Lions".

• Like 2

Welsh-Red-Dragon.jpg

one more football party

without getting maudlin, Wales playing Belgium, in France 100 years after the start of the Somme

fingers crossed for a good day for everyone

Not sure about Belgium, I haven't seen them heaps, but they seem the type of team who can be excellent one game and then rubbish the next. I think Wales can do it, got a feeling that there's still a lot more to come from Bale. If they win today, they might just make it to the final, Portugal haven't been very impressive.

Just hope Wales are positive.

Yes Belgium will have most of play and pressure but Hungary showed you can create plenty of chances and Wales defence far better.

Would hate them to play like Ireland did v Belgium!

Belgium's defence will have two full backs who play in the Belgium league which is on a par with SPL and Denayer who hasn't played in tournament yet.

Edited by VillaChris

I am incredibly envious of the Welsh at the moment, full of pride for what they have achieved and then genuine excitement for what lays ahead.

Win, lose or draw tonight, you know already the lads will give it everything.

Well done, keep up the good work.

Now that England are out, I'd be really pleased if Wales won tonight. 

I quite like Chris Coleman too and I think he's improved in leaps and bounds since the early days of his tenure.

I also used to have a bit of a thing for Ruth Madoc when I was a kid. **** knows why though.  Maybe it was how she played the xylophone. 

My worry for Wales is that in the one game they played where they were clear underdogs (v England) they sat back and lost.  If they do that against Belgium then they'll get the same result.  They need to go out the way they did against Russia and believe they can boss it.  Far easier said than done, but the alternative is to get murdered IMHO.  Belgium are without Vertonghen so that's something.  If Wales don't believe in themselves at this point then they never will. Do not play on the counter and do not wait for Belgium to tire.  Otherwise it'll be Homer versus Drederick Tatum the sequel.  Good luck Wales.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2016 at 16:46, snowychap said:

neil-hamilton-ali-g.jpg?w=728

With last week's vote and tonight's result, Hamilton's had quite a week of it.

He probably hasn't been this consistently and necessarily drunk since his honeymoon.

p.s. Well bloody done, Wales. :)

Edited by snowychap

Â