Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

36 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Yeah as we stand i think we are closer to relegation than playoffs never mind automatic promotion.

At least 6 players needed for me to make us playoff contenders never mind champions.

This is total nonsense IMO. People overestimate the quality of the championship massively.

Look at the teams challenging for the playoffs last year. 

Ipswich, Cardiff, Brentford, Blues (:lol:)

Even standing still we have miles better squads than any of them.

I think we need a full back, winger and another striker and we should be comfortably in the playoffs.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

GK Gollini - Back up - Bunn

RB Lyden BU - Richards Hutton

CBR Elphick BU Okore

CBL Clark/Baker

LB Cissohko/Bennet till Amavi fit

DM Gana Tshibola BU Sanchez

CM Gardner Vertout Westwood

RW Adama BU?

LW New Signing/Bennet (?) BU?

AM Grealish Gil Ayew

ST Ayew

CF New Signing BU Gestede

There's 24 + 2 new signings

Then we can upgrade as we go (selling/bombing Gabby, Guzan, Bacuna, Lescott & Sinclair)

The youngsters should be bled in and then see who can hack it or not

This wont get us 1st nor 2nd but at least a shot at 6th if RDM, Clark, Bond & Muscles are worth their salt

Need to start the first game with a bang.

Win and confidence starts to flow. Lose and everyone remembers last season's horror show.

Have we currently got the 11 players to win that first game comfortably and build confidence?  I'm not sure we have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Win and confidence starts to flow. Lose and everyone remembers last season's horror show.

Have we currently got the 11 players to win that first game comfortably and build confidence?  I'm not sure we have.

Even if we had the squad it wouldn't be an easy game. Sheffield Wednesday have a squad that likely should have gotten promoted last season, they are pretty much the finished article. Our opening game of the season likely couldn't have been much harder. 

• Like 1

looking at 1st 10 fixtures with our current squad I can see us getting 14 points at most and if we dont beat Rotherham or Huddersfield we could be in trouble early regards negativity

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yeah, that plan worked last season didn't it..

30 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Even if we had the squad it wouldn't be an easy game. Sheffield Wednesday have a squad that likely should have gotten promoted last season, they are pretty much the finished article. Our opening game of the season likely couldn't have been much harder. 

Agree, i personally don't think we've got anything to lose in that first game, it's a cracking measuring stick for everyone, RDM and Tony especially, a draw would be a good result, if we lose then there'll be an overreaction here but if we react to it then so be it, the 2nd away game vs Derby, especially coming after 2 winnable home games is the one for me

lose to Wednesday, take from it, learn from it, buy some players and make some changes off the back of it...beat Derby...I'd take that

Cock on the block - if we get 10 points from the first 5 games we'll go up

We're definitely not getting promoted, or getting promoted. Or going down. Or winning the league. But we will finish somewhere between 1st and 24th. That's my prediction, feel free to bookmark it and revisit in May so I can say I told you so :P

6 hours ago, AJ said:

Regarding transfers, somehow I think we will be more active in January.

I do, by January RDM will know who's clearly not good enough. They'll have had their second chance and if they still aren't doing the business we should be in for reinforcements. Providing we're not too far down the league then a lot of ground can be made up from January if you go on a winning streak (I had to google what a winning streak was:wacko:)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I do, by January RDM will know who's clearly not good enough. They'll have had their second chance and if they still aren't doing the business we should be in for reinforcements. Providing we're not too far down the league then a lot of ground can be made up from January if you go on a winning streak (I had to google what a winning streak was:wacko:)

What I was thinking when I posted, but you put it so well. Very informative too. I always thought a winning streak was when you outrun the cops naked.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KSV said:

Giving some players second chances will backfire on RDM and derail our season. Any glimpse of poor form from one of the hated ones... Will bring on the boo boys. Get rid Roberto.

I agree, huge baggage for at least 4 players as it stands.

Personally I think if we go into the season with the team we have currently, without any ins or outs, we will finish 6th - 10th. 

Not because of a lack of quality, but because of a broken mentality, lack of togetherness and frankly a team that never ever looked like a team last season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KSV said:

Giving some players second chances will backfire on RDM and derail our season. Any glimpse of poor form from one of the hated ones... Will bring on the boo boys. Get rid Roberto.

I m sure he knows that.

The proposed loan of Vertout is indicative of the whats going on - there aren't many takers for those players who got us relegated last season. - You can't just sell - there has to be a buyer.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I m sure he knows that.

The proposed loan of Vertout is indicative of the whats going on - there aren't many takers for those players who got us relegated last season. - You can't just sell - there has to be a buyer.

Yeah but if he knows that.. surely a free transfer like Guzan should be encouraged. 

24 minutes ago, KSV said:

Yeah but if he knows that.. surely a free transfer like Guzan should be encouraged. 

But even still it's not as simple as that. If the player and the club can't agree personal terms then the transfer won't happen.

It may be that the club aren't willing to/able to pay all of Veretout's wages, so a loan makes sense in that scenario.

Â