Promotion 2016/7

Jareth

Personally, I think we will start slow and sluggish but come 2nd half of the season, start to really pick up, make a late break for the playoffs or even Automatic Promotion................. Play Off Winners I'm Predicting........... What a way to go up...........

As for the squad.  I'm in two minds.   one part says, wed be better off getting rid of everyone and starting again, the other side says, with some careful confidence building, a few solid additions to add to the dressing room then we've got enough to challenge at the top.   Lets face it, looking at the teams in the mix last year, they were doing it with players that the majority of our fanbase would turn their noses up at, and the flipside we've got players in our squad those clubs would love in their team....................  over to RDM to get them sorted

Judgin on the links weve had as far as incomings - if we end up with Bridcutt, Ravel Morrison, Gunter, Kojida or proven players of that ilk - then I think we'll go for top 2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

Boro lost 9 games a drew another 11 last season and got promoted automatically. 

We we will lose games in the league - we just need everyone to stay calm and not dig players out early doors.

Sheff Wednesdays successful last season was based on home form - they only lost 2!  Will be a tough first game. 

That's a very rational thought process and one I'm sure many of us agree with but there's also thousands that won't see it like that unfortunately.

46 minutes ago, KSV said:

Yeah but if he knows that.. surely a free transfer like Guzan should be encouraged. 

I agree.  I think the issue weve got is, if the players we want to shift don't ask for a move then we are contractually obliged to pay up the remainder of their contracts.  Id say in the case of Guzan, it will be a case of negotiation between the club to say, we wont ask a fee, but you gotta waive whats entitled to you, enabling you an easier route to another club................... I cant see the majority of the players agreeing to it............whod walk away from millions

• Like 1

AVFC is broken.

Lerners policies effectively gave us a board, management staff and players that was only going one way, downwards.

The fact that it took 4/5 years only broke the fans patience, The managers and the players.

So where are we now?

New owner

new board

new manager & staff

BUT

the SAME f***ing players

We need to get rid of as many bad eggs as possible.

Anyone not scarred can stay, Youthers and returnees plus a couple of newbees is the only way forward.

In an attempt to make my opinion as clear as possible.

Toon & Norwich will know they can bounce back.

Last seasons top 8 (excl. Promoteds) will believe they can go up.

Teams From 9-16 will believe they can improve.

The Survivors will a, know how its done b, will believe they can do it again

The promoted from L1 will be on a high giving it all they've got

Then there is us, AVFC breaking over a period of 4years, finally broken so badly we managed 3 wins all season.

And some are saying, x will be ok at this level, y a second chance and z wont leave cos nobody wants him/them.

Dr X & RDM have the hardest job from all 92 clubs in the leagues

Rip it up and start again

otherwise it was a waste of time buying us

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

AVFC is broken.

Lerners policies effectively gave us a board, management staff and players that was only going one way, downwards.

The fact that it took 4/5 years only broke the fans patience, The managers and the players.

So where are we now?

New owner

new board

new manager & staff

BUT

the SAME f***ing players

Anyone not scarred can stay, Youthers and returnees plus a couple of newbees is the only way forward.

Then there is us, AVFC breaking over a period of 4years, finally broken so badly we managed 3 wins all season.

And some are saying, x will be ok at this level, y a second chance and z wont leave cos nobody wants him/them.

FWIW I think we will see different performances from the same players under RDM. Sherwood was very limited and Garde/Black/Duverne was one of the worst coaching set ups I have ever seen. All 3 were useless beyond belief.

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

AVFC is broken.

So where are we now?

New owner

new board

new manager & staff

BUT

the SAME f***ing players

Wouldn't say so. If we are going well next season we will pull in crowds of close to 30,000 - we have the parachute money - and have already spent £13m this season. Not many clubs in this division tick all of those boxes.

Seems to remember newcastl went down in such a state a few years back that no one wanted to manage them. Without massive funds Chris Hughton got them back at the first attempt. It can be done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

AVFC is broken.

So where are we now?

New owner

new board

new manager & staff

BUT

the SAME f***ing players

Sorry

had to repost in bold so as to read again to find out if I was talking total b*****cks or just a little

WE ARE BROKEN

THERE IS NO QUICK FIX

2nd chances and a few honest additions amongst the SHIESTERS wont get us top 6

AVFC is Broken - The Players that took us down are STILL here and are still a broken team

Edited by Grasshopper

2 hours ago, KHV said:

FWIW I think we will see different performances from the same players under RDM. Sherwood was very limited and Garde/Black/Duverne was one of the worst coaching set ups I have ever seen. All 3 were useless beyond belief.

What makes you think that all of a sudden the squad is now un-broken?

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Wouldn't say so. If we are going well next season we will pull in crowds of close to 30,000 - we have the parachute money - and have already spent £13m this season. Not many clubs in this division tick all of those boxes.

Seems to remember newcastl went down in such a state a few years back that no one wanted to manage them. Without massive funds Chris Hughton got them back at the first attempt. It can be done.

Bold - will repair the broken players?

8 hours ago, philgetaway said:

Boro lost 9 games a drew another 11 last season and got promoted automatically. 

We we will lose games in the league - we just need everyone to stay calm and not dig players out early doors.

Sheff Wednesdays successful last season was based on home form - they only lost 2!  Will be a tough first game. 

that also means winning 26 games. we won 3 last season 

• Like 3

I can just imagine Gabby, Bacuna, Lescott, Sinclair & Richards all of a sudden upping their game because we're in a lower league than a league we've just come down from (because they we shite in that league) watched by 30.000 playing shit clubs like SHA

Edited by Grasshopper

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Yep , people need to understand the owner is not going to splash major cash so we will be building very very slowly !!!!!!!! The pain is still not over!

true but he did come out in one of his early press conferences and said money be available which you know excites fans 

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Yep , people need to understand the owner is not going to splash major cash so we will be building very very slowly !!!!!!!! The pain is still not over!

How do you know this? Do you not think that if RDM identified a £30mill target the money would be available?

Â