The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Delphinho I made no secret that I liked Sherwood either. lol. Not sure if now is the time for him though. I wonder if he would be open to being a number 2 and working his way up?

Strange one really.

I actually criticised him a hell of a lot when he was here but I realised after he left that it was impossible to work under Fox and Reilly.
I really want a manager that will stand up to the ego's in the dressing room and run's up and down the touchline.

Even if Sherwood's team selections were frustrating, I liked his ego, arrogance and passion. 

Crash helmet still on. 

• Like 2

It's a moot point about us being his "one true love", tbh it was a stretch that an american could understand who we are, that Dr Tony Xia would be a villan at heart is surely fantasy land.

The fact he looked at 8 clubs here, others in european football and jumped at teh chance of getting us on a knock down price once we went down suggest to me that he is smart. I would rather smart and ambitious, someone who has seen a great opportunity to promote his stuff and make some money than someone like the last chap with the villa tattoo trying to be one of us. For him to be a success necessitates that we are at least moderately successful. 

Fine by me.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Strange one really.

I actually criticised him a hell of a lot when he was here but I realised after he left that it was impossible to work under Fox and Reilly.
I really want a manager that will stand up to the ego's in the dressing room and run's up and down the touchline.

Even if Sherwood's team selections were frustrating, I liked his ego, arrogance and passion. 

Crash helmet still on. 

He talked a good game but got found out massively. 

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

people who say football moved on, why don't Liverpool, Man U. Everton rebrand ? oh yeah because they are a brand in themselves Villa and Villa park are a brand.

Where did Everton, Man U and Liverpool finish last year?

Then look at clubs who have rebranded - Arsenal, Man City, Leicester. Where did they finish?

If calling Villa park - Lotus Park means I don't have to watch Leandro Bacuna ever again, bring it on. 

24 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

There is a new article in the FT but it's behind a paywall.

Bit worrying. In essence, Aston Villa’s Chinese buyer does not ‘control 5 listed companies as was claimed on the OS - it only has a significant controlling stake in Lotus Health atm and that made a loss last year.  Some spokesman for Recon said it was down to a “miscommunication” with Aston Villa, and that the OS statement would be corrected. FT suggesting the incorrect information raises questions about the due diligence on Tony Xia.

Edit.  they have changed the statement on the OS.  When the sale was announced it read: “Recon Group is a privately owned holding company that owns the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges.”

Now it reads, “Recon Group is a privately owned holding company that owns, directly and indirectly, the shares of several publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges and many other private companies.”

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5580405,00.html

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

people who say football moved on, why don't Liverpool, Man U. Everton rebrand ? oh yeah because they are a brand in themselves Villa and Villa park are a brand.

Three teams who have fell way behind where they should be.

I think it's a generational thing, everybody says call us this as it's progress.  Outsourcing manufacturing was "Progress" stocks & Shares are "progress" i'm sure Judas thought his 30 pieces of silver was "progress" don't let greed blind you we'll be a poorer club for selling out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's a bit rich to claim these clubs haven't sold out in other more embarrassing ways anyway. We have half the Liverpool team shilling Nivea face cream every advert break and lets not forgot Manchester United's official Korean Potato Snack sponsor: Mister Potato

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Three teams who have fell way behind where they should be.

You mean Everton who are looking at moving from their current home.  Liverpool were also considering moving.out.

Or Man U who slap an advert on anything that moves including a different sponsor for their training kit!

Yeah who's our official Diesel engine partner again? Which airline sponsors us? I loved seeing Ashley Westwood in the new Nivea advert... I can go on, or just add that man Utds Japanese pot noodle partner pays them more a year than our main shirt sponsor

The rebranding will catch things up quicker than any other brand establishment or Chinese partner deals, it's money in our coffers on day 1

Don't know why you added Everton either, what brand are they? They're miles behind in terms of revenue

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Might be the Brummie in me, but I've a nagging feeling we've been hoodwinked.

I am a little more unsure than i was put it that way.  i think they need to be upfront about the overall businesses and assets otherwise rumours will spread.  I don't doubt he has shares of several publicly listed companies many private companies, but they need to say more about the financial health of these and what it all adds up to.  Still think he has plenty of money, but the information void, and the fact the FT are questioning it and uncovering incorrect statements is a bit worrying.