The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

16 minutes ago, mwj said:

The real question is where obviously where did he get the £60m (-75m) to pay cash for deal (as reported by Sky Sports.)

a- Recon cash reserves (which we know they don't have)

b- his cash reserves (unlikely but hard to know)

c- private investment from elsewhere (most likely but again impossible to verify?)

d- government investment (unlikely)

I think once we know the answer to this, we'll understand a lot more about the situation

Why is d unlikely? To me it's the only likely scenario.

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some people are genuinely excited for this to implode, just so then can be right. SAD. 

Sorry but I must have missed these posts? 

I've not seen anyone remotely 'excited' to see this implode, not one post.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

I think its also worth noting that Hollis' job (legally required as Chairman) is to act in the main shareholder (ie. Randy Lerner)'s interest.

If that means £60m cash from a blagger so Randy can exit stage left and go and sit on a beach then perhaps that's what's happened. 

Time will tell.

The £60m isn't correct the initial fee is higher and a second fee is payable about £40m if promoted this year. Do you think Lerner would sell to a crap bloke with the chance to lose £40m if he fails?? Lerner has lost £250m he may have bann crap for the last few years but his heart was in the right place before that just not his head. I believe his intentions to find a good owner are there and let's see how it pans out. One article in the FT who found the info in 24 hours or weeks of due diligence by Hollis??? I'll go with Hollis for now. 

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

I think its also worth noting that Hollis' job (legally required as Chairman) is to act in the main shareholder (ie. Randy Lerner)'s interest.

If that means £60m cash from a blagger so Randy can exit stage left and go and sit on a beach then perhaps that's what's happened. 

Time will tell.

With that being the case , with the deal being structured that Randy receive's extra should we be promoted it would be in Randy's best interest for Hollis to sell to someone capable of achieving that ASAP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sorry but I must have missed these posts? 

I've not seen anyone remotely 'excited' to see this implode, not one post.

Did you miss the guy asking whether it was too early to tell people he told them so?

This has just surfaced on Twitter...

http://biz.zjol.com.cn/05biz/system/2005/07/19/006240659_01.shtml

In recent years, XWHO presided over numerous consecutive influence a wide range of design projects, including the 2008 Beijing Olympic Forest Park and the central area of landscape design, Hollywood Hengdian experimental zone planning, etc., involved in urban planning, campus planning, real estate development planning, landscape design, fields of architectural design, development of tourism resources planning and design, industrial park planning and design, has won the China, the United States and many other international awards, and became the first (two) won the "foreign investment for urban planning services qualification approved by the Ministry of construction certificate "foreign design unit.

Not quite the Birds Nest, but still...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Did you miss the guy asking whether it was too early to tell people he told them so?

So is that one person rather than "some people"? I guess my initial post is somewhat corrected, one person excited then.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

The £60m isn't correct the initial fee is higher and a second fee is payable about £40m if promoted this year. Do you think Lerner would sell to a crap bloke with the chance to lose £40m if he fails?? Lerner has lost £250m he may have bann crap for the last few years but his heart was in the right place before that just not his head. I believe his intentions to find a good owner are there and let's see how it pans out. One article in the FT who found the info in 24 hours or weeks of due diligence by Hollis??? I'll go with Hollis for now. 

As will I, I'm just saying that its POSSIBLE Randy just said "I'm cutting my losses", the first guy that can stump up cash (as opposed to some leveraged or incremental buyout) can have her (the club)

3 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I am sorry - how is  China being ' a one-party dictatorship with an apalling human rights record' relevant to you or your beloved club? 

Enlighten me please. 

it's hardly difficult. Someone would find having an association connected with corruption, and dodgy human rights ( to put it kindly ) to be a bad thing. Not everyone goes " **** everyone else, let's just get rich regardless of the endorsements and consequences of deals like this may have for legitimising ( possible ) crooks. Image laundering ala other billionaire barons its not everyone's cup of tea, and it's a bit depressing you think that it's bizarre some people think there are more important things than a **** football club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mwj said:

As will I, I'm just saying that its POSSIBLE Randy just said "I'm cutting my losses", the first guy that can stump up cash (as opposed to some leveraged or incremental buyout) can have her (the club)

Any things possible but Dr Xia has said its a 2 part deal lump sum followed by a promotion pay off so it's in Randys interest for him to succeed. 

9 minutes ago, Rodders said:

it's hardly difficult. Someone would find having an association connected with corruption, and dodgy human rights ( to put it kindly ) to be a bad thing. Not everyone goes " **** everyone else, let's just get rich regardless of the endorsements and consequences of deals like this may have for legitimising ( possible ) crooks. Image laundering ala other billionaire barons its not everyone's cup of tea, and it's a bit depressing you think that it's bizarre some people think there are more important things than a **** football club. 

I understand the concern that people may have about someone from China buying the club they like. 

I was questioning the logic behind the cold-war thinking - just some one from China does not mean he is evil, stalin-like, corrupted with dodgy human rights. You are mixing things up, which is fundamentally wrong when you make judgement on someone. 

This logic is pathetic - so if for what ever reason someone was sent to the jail, his/her kids will be thought to do the same crime years later? This is correct in terms of human rights you are telling me?

Sure, there is some uncertainty with this take over. But using China as a 'one-party dictatorship with bad human rights record' is NOT an evidence by a light year to how bad the new owner can possibly be.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Oh COME ON. 'China is a one-party dictatorship with an apalling human rights record' , How on earth is that relevant to the take over? Just someone from a country that 'is claimed (by who? BBC? or CNN? or you have been to China to see those horrible human right record?) to' have human right record - so you are not happy about Mr Xia's nationality then

How in hell is that relevant to which country he comes from?

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Chinese government backing makes it better? Not in my opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, and this is what I read from Mike's post, it's about possible Chinese government (or Chinese state or CCP, however one may want to term it) backing not about nationality or where someone is from.

To be fair, even if it's just someone wanting to curry favour with the bods at the top of the CCP then it makes me incredibly uncomfortable at best.

• Like 2

I'm remaining open minded for now and will wait and see how things pan out over the coming weeks.  But, I'd certainly be really interested in hearing Bernstein or Lord King's thoughts on Dr. Tony.

Edited by thefeet1980
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, mwj said:

The real question is where obviously where did he get the £60m (-75m) to pay cash for deal (as reported by Sky Sports.)

a- Recon cash reserves (which we know they don't have). 

b- his cash reserves (unlikely but hard to know)

c- private investment from elsewhere (most likely but again impossible to verify?)

d- government investment (unlikely)

I think once we know the answer to this, we'll understand a lot more about the situation

Point a (Recon cash reserves which we know they don't have) is not something we know at all. The Recon group has many private companies in many sectors, that is clear.  It is just that only a handful are listed on the stock exchanges so the financial information is not publicly available. Hollis seems to think they have enough! 

• Like 1