The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

In China there is little transparency in business - because all companies more or less have involvement of government one way or another. So there is no way you can know a value of a company, unless they want you to know.

But considering he has got some bad reputation before in China about being fraud (people talked about it), it is 50-50 chance now.

Better to be positive on this - until you see the negativity - i guess.

Please provide sources?

21 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Such a lazy comparison.  I am sure Abramovich, Henry, Levy and Sheikh Mansour (and counless other owners) said similar things when they took over but

Tony Xia and Carson Yeung are both from China so therefore..........Hmmm

Back to this, by the way.

I hope this latest "revelation" conveys more succinctly why I was concerned.

Hollis has seen everything he needs to make his judgement on Tony Xia, and it was a very enthusiastic judgement. I doubt Tony Xia will be publishing that sort of information on the internet if he is not obliged to.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Please provide sources?

Yes, later today when I find time to translate a bit more. I dont really want to expose those very negative things you know - people may get really upset about these.

6 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

In China there is little transparency in business - because all companies more or less have involvement of government one way or another. So there is no way you can know a value of a company, unless they want you to know.

But considering he has got some bad reputation before in China about being fraud (people talked about it), it is 50-50 chance now.

Better to be positive on this - until you see the negativity - i guess.

Would be great if you could amplify on this (if possible). I don't mean this in a bad way, more out of intrigue. as you're bringing a lot of good info to the table.

24 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

This is hugely embarrassing for Hollis and Lerner.

Just a bit.  FT article also quoted Hollis saying Tony Xia helped to build the Bird’s Nest Olympic stadium. And then quoted a spokesman for Recon (someone called Mr Jin) who today told them that Tony Xia was not involved in the planning or designing of the Bird’s Nest, his expertise is in urban design.” 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hollis has seen everything he needs to make his judgement on Tony Xia, and it was a very enthusiastic judgement. I doubt Tony Xia will be publishing that sort of information on the internet if he is not obliged to.  

Such as the Bird's Nest stadium? LOL

Steve Hollis worked at KPMG for 32 years. I would like to think he knows a little bit about financial due diligence! That being said, I fully endorse the media scrutiny and hope Dr Xia will respond to all accusations. The more eyes that are on this deal, the less likely anything dodgy is will happen.

• Like 2

Well the more questions we have about our new chairman the more uncertainty there is.. 

These questions need to be answered by the chairman and the group. 

Didn't they try to purchase us last summer but talks broke down due to a crash in the Asian markets? 

This doesn't seem straight forward as a Man City takeover..

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Would be great if you could amplify on this (if possible). I don't mean this in a bad way, more out of intrigue. as you're bringing a lot of good info to the table.

sure. I will collect some information and translate here. I have to say all of those are rumours - he has not been convicted to any crime/fraud activities afaik. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Such as the Bird's Nest stadium? LOL

As much as you are probably wishing for everything to implode and go wrong, Hollis' background at KPMG qualifies him a gazillion times more than anyone on this forum to make a judgement on Dr Tone.

• Like 1

Methinks we've either been diddled, or Xia is the frontman for state investment.  Surely Hollis and Lerner aren't mugs of that magnitude that they chose him over other parties without proper, kosher information of loadsamoney backing him up.  Surely? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Steve Hollis worked at KPMG for 32 years. I would like to think he knows a little bit about financial due diligence! That being said, I fully endorse the media scrutiny and hope Dr Xia will respond to all accusations. The more eyes that are on this deal, the less likely anything dodgy is will happen.

Well one of his claims about Xia has already been refuted so doesn't bode well does it.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Methinks we've either been diddled, or Xia is the frontman for state investment.  Surely Hollis and Lerner aren't mugs of that magnitude that they chose him over other parties without proper, kosher information of loadsamoney backing him up.  Surely? 

For me it's pretty black or white. He's either a total fraud, or what you suggest is the case, a business man with state connections and ultimately, state investment behind him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

The key thing, in my opinion, is whether or not he has got state-money backing him up.

From all the evidence I've seen, it is a 50-50 chance.

As a Chinese, I have seen the recent development in Chinese football league, and I can tell you this:

If he is all by himself in this take over - i will be very cautiously pessimistic on this. 

If he is backed up by state money - i am very optimistic.

It would make a lot of sense if the Chinese state were using him as a figurehead given that he was educated in the US, speaks good English and can act as the focal point in the media for the chinese representation. As with everything in China, nothing is ever clear and it's all cloak and dagger stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

It really doesn't. 

Oh, ok.

Well my concern (and comparison with Yeung) is about the unknown entity that is Dr Tony Xia and his supposed company(ies) - how they operate, what they turnover and basically the lack of any real information we're getting.  Again, with Yeung, he promised transfer fees from the off and failed to deliver, basically lying the whole way through it all.

"Lazy comparison based on nationality" :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

:excl:

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

As much as you are probably wishing for everything to implode and go wrong, Hollis' background at KPMG qualifies him a gazillion times more than anyone on this forum to make a judgement on Dr Tone.

Don't be idiotic, of course I want this to go well, but I obviously think caution is in order given 'who' this guy is. 

Now you can be blind to the facts all you want, 32 years as a bean counter at KPMG or not, he has clearly not got his information correct viz. The Bird's Nest stadium, so that alone naturally gives rise to skepticism. 

• Like 1