The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

54 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Am I the only one who thinks if all this gets done in just a few days then someone somewhere isn't doing their job right? I mean surely it takes more than a few days for the Football League to check if they are fit to run a football club? 

If Cellino and Carson Yeung can....

Reaction GIF: thumbs up

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Would love to see the faces of the fans as they crack one of them open for the first time. However they are philipeano are they not?

I think balut is the filipino name, but I had them in Vietnam and know they are in China as well

• Like 1

Right, so lets make sure we have no European Beer, Fries or Burgers from now on either. [emoji14]

They still eat them in China [emoji6]

If that means we get rid of Carlsberg!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I heard they have no intention of playing football at Villa park but instead are for using it to store loads and loads of imported cheap steel.

It'll still be more attractive football than what the current bunch put out.

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

It all depends where you are sitting, doesn't it? Ask an Aborigine what he thinks of the English government.

America carried out an almost total genocide of the indigenous populations of their country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Well obviously we're discussing degrees of badness, that's human life, and politics and government. My point was that in terms of freedom, civil liberties, welfare, GDP and HDI our government is light years ahead of the freedoms a Chinese citizen has. 

The fact we are having this conversation on an open, unfiltered Internet surely demonstrates the gulf between the two. Like I said, our government is far from perfect, but at least we got to vote for them in elections which are relatively free from tampering.

Anyway, that's the last I'll say on the subject. We'll have to agree to disagree, at least we're free to have a opinion! :)

GCHQ say hi.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure it's the right thread to discuss the morals and ethics of respective governments but to compare our own, albeit far far from perfect government with the effectively totalitarian Chinese government is just wrong. Chinese citizens can't go on an unfiltered Internet, speak freely, act freely, use social media (it's all banned except a state run one called weibo I beleive), and although rudimentary free markets are starting to occur it is still essentially a communist state. The freedom we have to question our own government openly, and even to state that David Cameron put his balls in a pig, is a freedom not everyone has in the world. 

As long as they now enable VillaTalk....:-)

• Like 1

Do we actually believe the £60m figure or the fact that Pat Murphy would know the actual figure? I don't.  No journalist knows the exact terms of any deal. Some are saying £100m, some £75m and now we have £60m.

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Do we actually believe the £60m figure or the fact that Pat Murphy would know the actual figure? I don't.  No journalist knows the exact terms of any deal. Some are saying £100m, some £75m and now we have £60m.

It could be the initial payment, like with players most payments are structured. Club sales could be too, suppose it's a bit like buying up shares in stages. 

Don't really care about the final sale figure as long as it's finally done by the end of the week/month. Hopefully, new manager next week and the rebuilding job starts. Big task ahead, but with finance certainly not impossible and starting to feel hopeful again already.  

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

If Hollis has got £60m for this shambles of a club, then he has done a good job and earned his commission from Lerner

• Like 1